IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Double Dragon II

BeaIank

Administrator · Posted
6 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Cot dang man. I never had a chance lol I might have got 20 runs in the last two months lol!

I think it's honestly the only reason I won - I had SO MANY runs which fell short of your score. In the end I had 2 which were higher than the score you posted, and I changed very very little from one playthrough to the next. It was legit stupid luck paired with many many tries. You were right in the thread when you said it'd come down to the bonuses. Tack on that I saved an extra bomb (or two overall?) compared to you, and maybe ended up destroying more on 2 or 6 bosses (depending again on luck - if the boss on 2 shoots, gotta move, slower kill). I dunno if you put much effort into getting drops on the motorcycle stage, but there are 2k point drops there too so that was big IMO.

• Agree 1

Administrator · Posted
8 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@Gloves dude iso warrior is a fun game though! I could play it endlessly and still be having fun. The bomb attack is awesome.

I wanna go back and see how many loops I can do. It doesn't seem to get harder so a score rollover might be possible depending on how long you're willing to leave your NES paused on the same game lol.

Administrator · Posted
12 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

It will be interesting to see how Gloves does at Palamedes next week since it kind of plays like a shooter.

I'm a bit scarred on that game from a photo I've seen (I think it was Palamedes anyway, been a while), but I'll see what I can do.

On 4/25/2023 at 12:47 PM, docile tapeworm said:

Imo we have a pretty talented pool of players in the weekly contest. The top of which I would put up against any in the world as far as nes games go.

We are Overdue to start a Tekno-Wizard Street Gang!

Edited by PII
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

have the length but unfortunately my hair is too thick and curly to manage it. Gangless forever. 😞

Same here, long, thick, curly and generally untamable, but that never stopped me from attaining a wicked Punk-Do.  

The only real question is: Rollerskates or No Rollerskates?

Administrator · Posted
14 minutes ago, PII said:

Same here, long, thick, curly and generally untamable, but that never stopped me from attaining a wicked Punk-Do.  

The only real question is: Rollerskates or No Rollerskates?

Rollergames on NES is fuckin' awesome, so gimme that future.

• Agree 2