IGNORED

The GOLDEN GANONS 2023 nomination thread 4 - Final nominations, THREAD of the YEAR!!!

OptOut

1018205509_logoawards.png.dd296861f595ad83cc445ec0dcd37ccb.png

Here we are then, we've made it to the final nomination thread and the THREAD of the YEAR nomination! 🤩

1. VGS' Class Clown award! Which VGS member tickled you just right, and made you ROFLcopter till you could ROFLcopter no more?

2. Public enemy No. 1 award! Just for FUN, which VGS member do you love to hate, or somehow always find yourself on opposite sides of the discursive battlefield? (Remember this is LOVE to hate, leave any GENUINE beef at the door folks!) 😉

3. VGS' THREAD OF THE YEAR! Here it is folks, what you've all been waiting for! Your favourite thread on VGS, for ANY reason, and remember you can nominate any thread from the history of VGS, not just last year!!!

One week from now, all nominations will close and voting for all the award winners will begin! Please make sure to get your nominations in posthaste, and if you have been nominated GOOD LUCK! 😊

• Like 1

For #1 these two (especially the 2nd one) from @Murray last year during Paperboy 2 (page 1) in close succession had me going for a LOOOOOONG while.  I stopped to look/read 'em probably every time I was on that thread for a week or more and got massive giggles every damn time.  I've got 'em again right now in fact 🤣  He put 'em up, of course because we were playing Paperboy 2 but I'm still hoping he'll make some more this year!!!  "AREA CAT BARFS ON TODDLER AND SELF IN ATTEMPT TO....." for example...

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 8.05.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 8.05.26 PM.png

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, PII said:

For #1 these two (especially the 2nd one) from @Murray last year during Paperboy 2 (page 1) in close succession had me going for a LOOOOOONG while.  I stopped to look/read 'em probably every time I was on that thread for a week or more and got massive giggles every damn time.  I've got 'em again right now in fact 🤣  He put 'em up, of course because we were playing Paperboy 2 but I'm still hoping he'll make some more this year!!!  "AREA CAT BARFS ON TODDLER AND SELF IN ATTEMPT TO....." for example...

The tradition lives on, I had no idea 😂

Events Helper · Posted

Im gonna nominate the thread in my signature

For Fucks sake, gloves told me in a roundabout way i am an asshole for starting it!  It got like a million posts in like less than a week!  Sure there are other threads out there that have been good, but who the fuck can argue over cincinatti chili like yours truly:

Tom Cruise 80S GIF

Edit:  23 pages in like 2 days, that's a record right?  It drove @Gloves nuts and everyone had fun, c'mon its the perfect thread 😊

Edited by Jeevan

Administrator · Posted
9 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Im gonna nominate the thread in my signature

For Fucks sake, gloves told me in a roundabout way i am an asshole for starting it!  It got like a million posts in like less than a week!  Sure there are other threads out there that have been good, but who the fuck can argue over cincinatti chili like yours truly:

Tom Cruise 80S GIF

Edit:  23 pages in like 2 days, that's a record right?  It drove @Gloves nuts and everyone had fun, c'mon its the perfect thread 😊

Oh the thread about the potato?

It's surrounded by gross looking, delicious slop.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Brickman said:

@Makar @WalterWhiteJr. @Rhapsody98 @JVOSS @PuppyWaffles @Gloves @G-type 

Get in here and vote @DefaultGen funniest VGS member. He may even give us another video!

Well, these are the NOMINATION threads, he only needs one nomination to be put into the final vote!

You can badger others for votes for your favourite candidates next week when the actual voting on all of the awards opens! 😉

20 minutes ago, G-type said:

Definitely a good alternate category since he was my honorable mention for creative contribution.

He’s out there swaying my vote.  That video yesterday was so hilarious.  Sorry ZF.  

#2 I feel like everyone’s going to be shy here?  Obvious front runner will probably be world renowned performance artist @fcgamer.   But I’m going to throw out @Tanookibecause of the meandering, stream of consciousness posts.  Drives me nuts trying to read them.  Like a 10 year old girl, needs someone to explain periods to him.  Uhh yeah.  I‘ll see myself out now.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

4 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

He’s out there swaying my vote.  That video yesterday was so hilarious.  Sorry ZF.  

#2 I feel like everyone’s going to be shy here?  Obvious front runner will probably be world renowned performance artist @fcgamer.   But I’m going to throw out @Tanookibecause of the meandering, stream of consciousness posts.  Drives me nuts trying to read them.  Like a 10 year old girl, needs someone to explain periods to him.  Uhh yeah.  I‘ll see myself out now.  

I'm hoping to win this one 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/23/2023 at 8:18 PM, PII said:

@Murray your tha best!

• Love 1

Graphics Team · Posted

If we were nominating the most infamous thread, I would've definitely gone with the "Heritage Auctions Thread" for all the insanity going on there during the WATA scandal in 2021. Keeping up with all of those posts was like a full-time job, and everyone was losing their minds haha.

But I'm gonna need more time to think on my favorite thread...

-CasualCart

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I'll weigh in with my picks!

1. My class clown is going to @JamesRobot, because he promised me a stack of lightly perused PlayBoy magazines if I nominated him.

2. My public enemy No. 1 is @peg... He must pay for his crimes against my beloved N64😠

3. Thread of the year for me personally, well I do appreciate @Jeevan for chili/potato, of course! But, for the sheer thrill of it over MULTIPLE years now, the thread that just won't quit, I'm giving it to the HA mega thread from @ExplodedHamster! 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1. My vote goes to @FenrirZero. Because half the time I don’t know whether to laugh or cringe when I read his posts. I feel he’s a good guy with good intentions though. Also he’s the only guy I see on here ever using those acronyms C.A.S.!

2. @Code Monkey. Don’t really hate this guy but he never seems to agree with me on anything relating to sealed topics. Or maybe he does agree on some things, just I’m not quite aware of any agreements.

3. “Heritage Auctions” thread. Absolutely has to be this. Thread went at breakneck pace, and had celebrities like Karl Kobst and a former NA boss entering said thread. There were also former collectors rising from their graves coming on to discuss HA/WATA theories and conspiracies, enough to fill a Hollywood script!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1