IGNORED

VGS Homebrew on the Horizon

Scrobins

Moderator · Posted

JoshProd has had a countdown on his site's homepage with a big Saturn logo in the middle for months that finally reached 0 at midnight tonight EST (JoshProd.com), but nothing happened. I figured it was counting down to opening orders for Verdict Guilty, an impressive looking 2D fighter (Info on Verdict Guilty here), but I can't find any recent news promoting his website or referring to the countdown generally or this date specifically. Anyone have any ideas?

Moderator · Posted
16 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

Mega Cat studios announced a new game, The Meeting.  Info link below.

https://games.megacatstudios.com/the-meating/

Edit: Oops, already on the list.

You should come to MAGFest in January! I got to play the demo for The Meating when they brought it last year

Moderator · Posted

Imminent Kickstarter Update: Piko will soon launch a Kickstarter for Jim Power in the Lost Dimension. This will include releases for NES, SNES, Genesis, Turbografx CD, and CD32. You can sign up to be alerted when it goes live. I'll move this to the pre-order category when it goes live.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/retrogames/jim-power-a-nes-snes-genesis-turbografx-and-cd32-game

Moderator · Posted

Moved Dead Tomb to reflect the game is done but not open for pre-order in addition to a few other movements, edits, and additions.

There are a few homebrews I’m tracking on Twitter for which I haven’t been able to nail down whether the developer intends there to be a physical release. Does anyone have insight into any of the following games?

-Alien Isolation (NES)

-Copper Jacket (NES)

-Kyle & Lucy: Wonderworld (?)

Plus a few more that don’t appear to have names but can be found under the twitter accounts of pixel-Javi and JadeSpaceRabbit

Edited by Scrobins

Homebrew Team · Posted
32 minutes ago, Scrobins said:

Updated to include Voyage - A Sorceress' Vacation for the Sega Master System and Shrine Maiden Shizuka for Genesis now that the developers have expressed their interest in a physical run.

Voyage- A Sorceress's Vacation looks very interesting. 

I am not dialed into the homebrew scene for Master System at all.  Have there been many or any physical releases yet for it?

Moderator · Posted
47 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

Voyage- A Sorceress's Vacation looks very interesting. 

I am not dialed into the homebrew scene for Master System at all.  Have there been many or any physical releases yet for it?

The problem is there are a lot of Master System homebrews but few received a legitimate cartridge release because of the difficulty of either obtaining copies to recycle or develop a mold to make new carts.

Homebrew Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, Scrobins said:

The problem is there are a lot of Master System homebrews but few received a legitimate cartridge release because of the difficulty of either obtaining copies to recycle or develop a mold to make new carts.

I understand that injection molds are insanely expensive.  That's a bummer.  Hopefully there is a market to make someone go for the mold setup and shell manufacturing.

Homebrew Team · Posted
21 minutes ago, Fleck586 said:

Damn.  Somehow I missed out on Dead Tomb and Saturn Smash.  If anyone knows how to still get a copy of each, let me know.

Dead Tomb is releasing soon and orders will open up.  

Saturn Smash, you could message @Vectrex28 maybe he is still making them.

• Thanks 1

Moderator · Posted
6 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

Dead Tomb is releasing soon and orders will open up.  

Saturn Smash, you could message @Vectrex28 maybe he is still making them.

Yeah that’s the thing about category 2, they’re done but not available yet or pre-orders closed. Another member had talked about making a few carts of Saturn Smash when he had the bandwidth.