IGNORED

2022-23 NCAA and NFL Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

Editorials Team · Posted

I think I've alluded to being a Pitt Panthers guy before, so pretty heartbreaking to see what happened to Damar.

On a positive note, this happened:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/mxksc-the-chasing-ms-foundation-community-toy-drive?pc=tw_social&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=bcgfm_tw_fund_mxksc-the-chasing-ms-foundation-community-toy-drive

Over $3 million now

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I think I've alluded to being a Pitt Panthers guy before, so pretty heartbreaking to see what happened to Damar.

On a positive note, this happened:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/mxksc-the-chasing-ms-foundation-community-toy-drive?pc=tw_social&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=bcgfm_tw_fund_mxksc-the-chasing-ms-foundation-community-toy-drive

Over $3 million now

It's awful how so many people have brought so many things into the whole situation with complaints of it took so long to postpone the game and a ton more. At the end of the day, someone is fighting for their life, who cares if you wasted $ to watch the game. From watching the replay you could tell something wasn't right... it's not normal for someone to just collapse on the field like that. It's obviously not good when you see someone being given CPR.

33 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Public service announcement:

Miami makes the playoffs for the first time in 6 years.

Tua finished with the #1 passer rating in the league

Let's hear some pep @Mega Tank @docile tapeworm 😂

Ehhhhhhhh. It's bittersweet. The Phins are all roughed up with injuries and Tua isn't likely to play. We were probably better off not winning and making into the playoffs, but what the heck, we can dream right?! 

miami-dolphins-were-going-to-the-super-b

18 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I think if the Packers had won then it would have been prime time Sunday for the 49'ers game, but now they made it the first game since the 49'ers are an absolute lock, so the NFL is like, "fuck, let's just get this one over with..."

Packers lol they got their game pushed, the Lions had no playoff hopes and the Packers still lost. I wouldn't be surprised Rodgers pulls a "I want to play for a legitimate contender" and wins elsewhere. 

13 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Public service announcement:

Miami makes the playoffs for the first time in 6 years.

Tua finished with the #1 passer rating in the league

Let's hear some pep @Mega Tank @docile tapeworm 😂

We haven’t won a playoff game in 20+ years…..

I love Tua. He is so accurate.

12 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

Ehhhhhhhh. It's bittersweet. The Phins are all roughed up with injuries and Tua isn't likely to play. We were probably better off not winning and making into the playoffs, but what the heck, we can dream right?! 

Let Skynet play.

11 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

We haven’t won a playoff game in 20+ years…..

I love Tua. He is so accurate.

Let Skynet play.

If Tua is cleared, let him play. If he's iffy, let Skynet play. Teddy would probably go in and get injured again. Bad luck/circumstances for Teddy, but what good has he ben as a back up? lol

40 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

If Tua is cleared, let him play. If he's iffy, let Skynet play. Teddy would probably go in and get injured again. Bad luck/circumstances for Teddy, but what good has he ben as a back up? lol

For a while I was like “man are they really gonna let this kid give himself brain damage?” After second thought it’s up to him in the end. I agree if he is cleared and willing let him play. Skynet is a better option than Teddy right now lol plus gives you a chance to see what he’s made of.

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

For a while I was like “man are they really gonna let this kid give himself brain damage?” After second thought it’s up to him in the end. I agree if he is cleared and willing let him play. Skynet is a better option than Teddy right now lol plus gives you a chance to see what he’s made of.

I'm still a believer in him just sitting out, but I don't think the competitive side in him will allow him to do so.

Now that you mention second thoughts... you can't pick up anymore QBs so none of them should get injured from here on out until next season!

• Haha 1