IGNORED

2022-23 NCAA and NFL Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

As soon as I saw Tua Throwing up gang signs I was like damn this is bad. 

Dude is too young to have is future fucked up 

Sends before Al Michaels goes "Uh oh," I knew Tua was done. I thought he was going to take off running as he had plenty of space.

I've watched the replay over so many times and when he's being tackled it's like his upper body tensed up before the hit on the ground. Not sure if he was bracing for the fall, just the force of him being tackled or what, but it's a very weird stiff position that didn't look "natural" if that makes any sense.

Some people are stating it's a dirty tackle, but it's not. You have a 340 lb lineman tackling a 215 pound QB. I mean, it's just an unfortunate ending to a clean tackle. If the Tupou had let go when he first wrapped him up, Tua may still be standing and completes a pass or just doesn't lose the yardage. Tupou hung on to complete the sack. Nothing compared to stuff like Suh would do like stomping on a player.

9 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Sends before Al Michaels goes "Uh oh," I knew Tua was done. I thought he was going to take off running as he had plenty of space.

I've watched the replay over so many times and when he's being tackled it's like his upper body tensed up before the hit on the ground. Not sure if he was bracing for the fall, just the force of him being tackled or what, but it's a very weird stiff position that didn't look "natural" if that makes any sense.

Some people are stating it's a dirty tackle, but it's not. You have a 340 lb lineman tackling a 215 pound QB. I mean, it's just an unfortunate ending to a clean tackle. If the Tupou had let go when he first wrapped him up, Tua may still be standing and completes a pass or just doesn't lose the yardage. Tupou hung on to complete the sack. Nothing compared to stuff like Suh would do like stomping on a player.

I thought he looked weird before he hit the ground too. And he hit the back of his head. Same as Sunday.

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

This McDaniels guy talking about he never put a player in harms way….

The McD quote? It all comes back to the medical staff. If he was as he said cleared by an independent neurologist and was given the all clear, I mean... what is a coach to do? They aren't doctors. 

If Tua had sat against the Zebra Cakes without a legitimate medical reason (he was given the all clear) then his durability would have been put into question, again. I'm curious to see what the investigation finds, because when Tua was shaking head head and stumbling I figured it was a concussion. A lot of people believe it was.

1 hour ago, Mega Tank said:

The McD quote? It all comes back to the medical staff. If he was as he said cleared by an independent neurologist and was given the all clear, I mean... what is a coach to do? They aren't doctors. 

If Tua had sat against the Zebra Cakes without a legitimate medical reason (he was given the all clear) then his durability would have been put into question, again. I'm curious to see what the investigation finds, because when Tua was shaking head head and stumbling I figured it was a concussion. A lot of people believe it was.

I think the irony of the quote comes from Tua playing the second half against the bills. I understand he isn’t a doctor and he was cleared but we all saw tua bust his head then try to shake the cobwebs and fall down…. Doctor or not he is the coach and can make a common sense decision. But I do understand $$$$$ is on the line for all involved so to put a players health and future quality of life to the side, especially because “he’s not a doctor and had been cleared” makes it an easier decision to continue to let him play. But McDaniel really does care about Tua they are like real good friends not just coach and player…

24 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

If I was Tua, I would retire right now.    Might already be too late.

He needs to sue and consider retirement. Unfortunately, him being such a nice guy might not lead him down that road.

Ross' pockets are deep and if I was him, I'd pay Tua's contract in full, pay his medical expenses and give him an opportunity to stay with the team in some non-playing capacity.

18 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

Thompson is going to play his heart out today. Losing his play cards from his wristband was hilarious lol

Well ole Skynet had a rough go if it there, bunch of dropped balls. Pete Davison’s little brother looked completely unprepared on the sideline and the whole team played like garbage really. 

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

Well ole Skynet had a rough go if it there, bunch of dropped balls. Pete Davison’s little brother looked completely unprepared on the sideline and the whole team played like garbage really. 

The Dolphins and Bengals deciding not to gameplan this week.

Hulk Hogan Handshake GIF

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2022 at 9:06 AM, docile tapeworm said:

I imagine you are excited that Tua is coming back this week. I need to change the title of this thread to the Tua and miscellaneous football discussion thread since it seemed to completely die off when Tua got hurt.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I imagine you are excited that Tua is coming back this week. I need to change the title of this thread to the Tua and miscellaneous football discussion thread since it seemed to completely die off when Tua got hurt.

Considering the OLine probably can't stop me from getting pressure on the QB right now I don't look forward to Tua being on the field.

Edited by Mega Tank