IGNORED

2022-23 NCAA and NFL Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

On 12/4/2022 at 5:09 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

Why is it my teams have a 400% higher Quarterback injury rate than anyone else?  Montana ends their playoff blowout with their #3 QB, and now SF is also on QB #3

Screenshot_20221204-150733.png

Baker Mayfield just got released. That's not the most exciting option, but I imagine the 49ers would at least consider bringing him in. 

Welcome Home, Tommy. 

I will always love Brady because he is the GOAT and a Local boy, but Niners having their way with him is pretty satisfying. 

Cool fact- Junipero Serra, where Tom Brady (and Barry Bonds) went to HS is my wifes HS’s “brother school”. Serra is an all boys Catholic school, and my wife’s HS Alma matter is Notre Dame Belmont, an all Girls catholic school. I used to live down the street from Serra. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Nfl refs are clowns, and should feel bad because they are bad at their jobs

Roughing the passer is 100% the worst thing about football right now. Even when it benefits the niners I’m still like that was bullshit. It needs to be toned down in the worse way. Also when a QB becomes a runner he should be subject to the same rules as a running back. I’m tired of all these protect the QB rules because they don’t do dick anyways. 

4 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Roughing the passer is 100% the worst thing about football right now. Even when it benefits the niners I’m still like that was bullshit. It needs to be toned down in the worse way. Also when a QB becomes a runner he should be subject to the same rules as a running back. I’m tired of all these protect the QB rules because they don’t do dick anyways. 

It's gotten to the point where you are much better just trying to take out the QB like the NFL used to be like than to play by the new rules. QBs should absolutely lose their protection once they commit to run. I'm not going to go off on a rant, but I miss plays like this and this was in the Pro Bowl, RIP Sean Taylor.

6 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

They overreacted to broken collarbones and were trying to get rid of that, and now pretty much anything where you land on the QB instead of next to him when he's sideways is going to be flagged.

4 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Matt Ryan about the own the biggest Super Bowl collapse in history AND the biggest regular season collapse.

I was already celebrating the Niners moving up to #2

And Montana St. lost.   What a great sports day for you today!