IGNORED

2022-23 NCAA and NFL Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

3 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

We need a new america’s team. 

When The cowboys lose, america wins. 

Wow...that has got to be among the most embarrassing playoff droughts ever.  They've been dubbed "America's Team" since NFL Films did so in the 70s...yet it's now 27 years (1996 onward) and STILL not so much as ONE "Final Four" (NFC Championship game) appearance!

Poor Tony Romo... 😞 

PS: I'd show the whole video (from NFL Films) but I can't find it...and what are they doing playing a baseball song ("Gathering Crowds")?? This is NFL Films not MLB Films!! 😛  And thought back when FOX was using the NFL theme for their MLB coverage was really out of place...

Edited by Estil

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

It’s funny as a niners fan, the lions were the first team I thought of when I think americas team lol. Gotta have something to do with ford and Detroit 

Lovable losers.  In Cleveland there‘s a saying… “At least we’re not Detroit.”  Maybe not so much any more lol.  

Always thought of “America’s” team as a NY team because As a Native Califonian, I always think of NY as the way other people see America-maybe because the whole idea of immigration and the American dream and going to Ellis island and everything like that. 

But then I realize that America’s team should probably be good at football, and the Bills are the closest thing right now so NY is out. 

It can’t be a California team, because flyover country would have a shit fit if us coastal elites are considered America’s team. That leaves who?

Ohio? Florida? Nah too similar 😝

12 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Always thought of “America’s” team as a NY team because As a Native Califonian, I always think of NY as the way other people see America-maybe because the whole idea of immigration and the American dream and going to Ellis island and everything like that. 

But then I realize that America’s team should probably be good at football, and the Bills are the closest thing right now so NY is out. 

It can’t be a California team, because flyover country would have a shit fit if us coastal elites are considered America’s team. That leaves who?

Ohio? Florida? Nah too similar 😝

It’s cute that you guys think you’re elite.