IGNORED

2022-23 NCAA and NFL Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

38 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

The Niners are a funny team whose fan base got so stoked when their starting QB went down for the year.

I love Jimmy G too. I'll be pulling for him when NE gets eliminated.

As a niner fan I’ll be pulling for Jimmy as well. I hope he plays himself into his next contract by winning the Super Bowl! 😄

2 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Not too shocking.   I'm sure he's had other offers dangled in front of him the last few years.

Supposedly he passed on Michigan State, Notre Dame, USC and Oklahoma all in the last few years so it seems odd that Wisconsin is the job he would leave for when he signed an extension through 2028 last year. I have a feeling that he is under the impression that the first few seasons in the Big 12 might be rough and it was in his best interest to cash in while his stock is still high coming off the playoff appearance last season.

8 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Supposedly he passed on Michigan State, Notre Dame, USC and Oklahoma all in the last few years so it seems odd that Wisconsin is the job he would leave for when he signed an extension through 2028 last year. I have a feeling that he is under the impression that the first few seasons in the Big 12 might be rough and it was in his best interest to cash in while his stock is still high coming off the playoff appearance last season.

Transfer portal will probably be rough on Cincy those first few Big 12 years.   At least with Wisconsin he might get some decent names transferring in.

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

The Niners are a funny team whose fan base got so stoked when their starting QB went down for the year.

I love Jimmy G too. I'll be pulling for him when NE gets eliminated.

After these last 10 years, we just have to roll with the ridiculous amounts of absurdity.  Apologies to other Niner fans for the PTSD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhtfaME_v0Y

20 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Transfer portal will probably be rough on Cincy those first few Big 12 years.   At least with Wisconsin he might get some decent names transferring in.

I'm not sure if he's the best long term fit at 55 years old, but Deion Sanders is probably the best fit for getting the decommitted recruits back and getting some starting caliber transfers in.

19 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Ohio State probably told Fickell to spend a year or two getting some bonafides before they can Day's ass and give him the job.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason he took a mid tier Big 10 job was to get back in the conference to put himself in that position.

1 minute ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I'll do it.

Hottest team in the league in town?  MVP candidate?  Coach of the year?  Top offense?  Down to our third QB?

Dolphins defense has been suspect all year and it's only getting worse. I was worried the McOffense hadn't changed enough to face the 49ers. 175 yards of offense almost closing the 3rd quarter, just sad.

BANG BANG NINER GANG

Big nuts going for 4th down your own 18 holy shit get a wheelbarrow for those. 

Tua did not look great but getting beat by a backup in embarrassing when your supposed to be a top team. Brock Purdy really did look good though but running a shanahan can be done by any competent QB. 

❤️ @docile tapeworm

edit: Bosa DPOY hands down

Edited by a3quit4s

3 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

@docile tapeworm I'm not even talking shit till this one is over lol

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I'll do it.

Hottest team in the league in town?  MVP candidate?  Coach of the year?  Top offense?  Down to our third QB

1 hour ago, Mega Tank said:

Dolphins defense has been suspect all year and it's only getting worse. I was worried the McOffense hadn't changed enough to face the 49ers. 175 yards of offense almost closing the 3rd quarter, just sad.

1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

9ers defense was as advertised. Bosa put on a clinic. That last fumble return for 6 was the dagger. 

Bang Bang Niner gang

47 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

BANG BANG NINER GANG

Big nuts going for 4th down your own 18 holy shit get a wheelbarrow for those. 

Tua did not look great but getting beat by a backup in embarrassing when your supposed to be a top team. Brock Purdy really did look good though but running a shanahan can be done by any competent QB. 

❤️ @docile tapeworm

edit: Bosa DPOY hands down

Sorry ladies didn’t have a chance to watch as it wasn’t broadcast on antana 📺

but me and ole tankie knew the defense was suspect. Hit or miss. Never know if they are gonna show up. Plus we were missing two starting lineman one being ole what’s his face left tackle. So that doesn’t help going up against one of the better defenses. 

mike Davidson offense…. I mean we really hadn’t played anybody that good all year…we have one real win imo against the bills and there defense was banged up.

2 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Great way to just put down your own point. You're also talking about a team familiar with the offensive scheme (DUH), a defense against an offensive line that has injuries as well as homefield advantage and home cooking with the refs. Get real man. Same as how the Dolphins beat up an injured Bills team, there's not much to celebrate about beating a roughed up Dolphins team. I'm not big on the Dolphins being ranked so high in the power rankings. The defense, again, has been just suspect. Mind you, this is a defensive squad that was working better than not with a rat of a coach.

14 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

They beat an 8-3 team with their 3rd string quarterback.  I'll take it.  Anyone would.

3rd? Who's the second? That guy you all started and lost early in the season? Yea, Purdy at this point is 2nd. Oh wait, now a starter thanks to a broken foot! Enjoy the win!