IGNORED

2022-23 NCAA and NFL Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

22 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

The last call was right, but there were other ones during the game that were questionable.  Like even the announcers would call out the bad calls.  I don't recall any bad calls favoring the Bengals.  I know that some reffs try to balance bad calls by making another one in favor of the other team.  

Funny, that's what happened when the Dolphins played the Bengals. Remember when you all choke slammed our RB after Tua was knocked out? Yea... boohoo 🙂

Social Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Funny, that's what happened when the Dolphins played the Bengals. Remember when you all choke slammed our RB after Tua was knocked out? Yea... boohoo 🙂

I'd say there is a huge difference between not seeing a call and calling something that didn't happen.  

1 minute ago, FireHazard51 said:

I'd say there is a huge difference between not seeing a call and calling something that didn't happen.  

lol

All that aside, Mahomes was the better player and led his team to a win on an injured foot, a high ankle sprain lol

Not to mention the pressure on Burrow. Come on lol

3 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

lol

All that aside, Mahomes was the better player and led his team to a win on an injured foot, a high ankle sprain lol

Not to mention the pressure on Burrow. Come on lol

As upset and disappointed (and angry as I was yesterday) as I am over the Bengals loss, I can't be mad at the Chiefs. They played the better game. I can't just be mad at the refs despite a few very questionable calls, or at any Bengal for that matter. One bad play or or one bad call shouldn't make the win or lose difference. Yes I know it does sometimes but they feel just like excuses. Though I think there were just so many things against them last night. Welp, til next season I guess. They'll be back, mark my words, this Bengals team is not going anywhere anytime soon.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted
Just now, Mega Tank said:

So the Chiefs making great adjustments after the half didn't matter? We must have watched different Super Bowls lol

Of course they did.  It's why it turned into a great game instead of a blowout.

Then they fucked the end of it.  Should have been an all-time ending.  Instead we got that weak shit

And quit saying lol, lmao

11 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

The way the Chiefs were moving the ball in the second half, do you really think the Chiefs were going to be denied if that flag wasn't called? Lol

100% the chiefs still kick a field goal there but giving Hurts and the Eagles the ball back with about 1:20 is a hell of a lot different than them getting the ball back with 6 seconds lol

8 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

100% the chiefs still kick a field goal there but giving Hurts and the Eagles the ball back with about 1:20 is a hell of a lot different than them getting the ball back with 6 seconds lol

Hold on, which if the two wide open touchdowns should the Eagles not have allowed to prevent ONE penalty flag to alter the game?

Events Helper · Posted

This was the first game i watched in YEEEEEEEARSSSSSSSS and it was fun.  Turned out to be a close game, although i wished it was a bit better in the fact that the eagles actually had a fighting chance vs an 8 second chance to score, which really was a 4 second chance after the kick off.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, a3quit4s said:

I’m not exactly sure what you are talking about here but as a 49er fan I sure as shit don’t care enough to argue about it lmao

Packers fan here.....so, uh, only thing i have to say is, its the Lombardi trophy 😉  😆  at least i can say that haha, even if the packers suck 😉 

2 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I’m not exactly sure what you are talking about here but as a 49er fan I sure as shit don’t care enough to argue about it lmao

The Eagles played terribly in the second half. They should have won this game. Can't blame it on one play when there were situations that could have changed the outcome of the game rather than a penalty.

Edited by Mega Tank

9 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Nice, Mahomes crybabies his way to a potential game winning flag there.

Glad to see the NFL has a new golden boy.

Serious question. Is this a general sentiment about Mahomes in the US? I’ve seen quite a few people shit on him but over here people who watch NFL love him. 

I personally think he seems like a down to earth guy and is a very talented QB. I love watching what he comes up with and he seems like a good leader. Why all the hate?

16 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Serious question. Is this a general sentiment about Mahomes in the US? I’ve seen quite a few people shit on him but over here people who watch NFL love him. 

I personally think he seems like a down to earth guy and is a very talented QB. I love watching what he comes up with and he seems like a good leader. Why all the hate?

Up until this year, his brother and his wife/girlfriend were VERY obnoxious on social media.   That didn't help.

This year, it seems that Mahomes is now getting the calls and preferential treatment that Brady used to get.  

I still like the guy, but I can see how some others may not.

Also, I don't think that was enough grabbing to warrant a flag there at the end.  You could also call holding on the offensive line on any play you wanted to, they just don't do it.   I get the whole "don't put yourself in that situation", but the refs shouldn't be fucking you either.

6 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Up until this year, his brother and his wife/girlfriend were VERY obnoxious on social media.   That didn't help.

This year, it seems that Mahomes is now getting the calls and preferential treatment that Brady used to get.  

I still like the guy, but I can see how some others may not.

Also, I don't think that was enough grabbing to warrant a flag there at the end.  You could also call holding on the offensive line on any play you wanted to, they just don't do it.   I get the whole "don't put yourself in that situation", but the refs shouldn't be fucking you either.

Ahhh fair enough. I’m only exposed to him through his games so that is also probably why. I also don’t have to watch those State Farm ads over and over like you guys do 😆 

I was just curious because I’ve seen a few posts across the Internet where people were ragging on him and was a bit surprised.

I agree the final call was BS though. It is still most likely they would have won without it though imo. It just would have been a more intense ending.

There were a few bad calls that game, the refs got so technical on some of those catches. Sometimes they need to step away from the cameras and just let the game be played.

Just now, MrWunderful said:

EC8DEF88-25AC-4FE3-AF40-C0F09274A9C3.jpeg.952d4f291b123c1761cf3b80406f55fb.jpeg

@Reed Rothchild @a3quit4s I just drove by to go look at a job right near here. I needed to post this picture for closure of the 2022 season. #Faithful to the bay #ninergang

Pour one out for our homies on a great 2022 and another for our forever lost boy the Stick.