IGNORED

2022-23 NCAA and NFL Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

11 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I’m not actually convinced that skinny is a dolphins fan lol

He sounds as bitter and cynical as a Cincinnati sports fan. Even with the Bengals making the Super Bowl last year and the Bearcats making the College Football Playoff, it seems like most people around here would be content with the Bengals just making the playoffs and the Bearcats getting a New Year's 6 bowl game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It's that time of the year again! Also, @docile tapeworm and @Mega Tank are probably excited to start arguing about the Dolphins.

Yea, he's still upset a QB that came back from a major surgery, had no preseason (Came Newton was given a pass and he's a veteran QB), no OLine, few offensive weapons, no real RB... you know basically all the elements that would prevent you from being a successful QB. Now that the Dolphins have spend $, Tua better show up. Ironically enough, Tua shouldn't have to be stellar to be successful since he has 2 of the fastest WRs in the league, a speedy RB core, a new offensive scheme not like the boring and predictable joke of a coach that was that ex Patriot. Dolphins better be above .500

Side note:  The Dolphins are SO terrible, they tried to cheat and got nothing and lost.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 5:20 PM, Mega Tank said:

Yea, he's still upset a QB that came back from a major surgery, had no preseason (Came Newton was given a pass and he's a veteran QB), no OLine, few offensive weapons, no real RB... you know basically all the elements that would prevent you from being a successful QB. Now that the Dolphins have spend $, Tua better show up. Ironically enough, Tua shouldn't have to be stellar to be successful since he has 2 of the fastest WRs in the league, a speedy RB core, a new offensive scheme not like the boring and predictable joke of a coach that was that ex Patriot. Dolphins better be above .500

Side note:  The Dolphins are SO terrible, they tried to cheat and got nothing and lost.

That is pretty bad when you can't even cheat right.

@Mega Tank skylar Thompson is the best looking qb on the roster right now. Kid is a stud. 

Tua look like tua last night. Guys don’t play for him. Geseki and others drop his passes. He doesn’t have the locker room. He can’t run, he tried to once last night. He is now a pocket passer, taking away half of his game that made him dangerous in college. He wasn’t born to be a pocket passer. He was a stellar athlete with accuracy, that and the best team in college football carried him. We already had chad who I believe is a top 3 accurate qb in history. Your right though he won’t have to be great. It will be interesting to see if he can make the deep ball. Everyone knows he can throw 15 yards. I wanna see how he does on a 2nd and 6 with a deep route. He will have two of the fastest guys to throw it to. One of them should be open. 

bridgewater looks old. Came back home to retire.

this skylar kid comes in and goes on a 10 play drive for a td. Guys laying out and playing 110% for him. Ironically (considering last weeks win) losing on a clanker from sanders. Still nice late game drive to set up for a winning fg. He has shown the most out of real game scenarios. 

7 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@Mega Tank skylar Thompson is the best looking qb on the roster right now. Kid is a stud. 

Tua look like tua last night. Guys don’t play for him. Geseki and others drop his passes. He doesn’t have the locker room. He can’t run, he tried to once last night. He is now a pocket passer, taking away half of his game that made him dangerous in college. He wasn’t born to be a pocket passer. He was a stellar athlete with accuracy, that and the best team in college football carried him. We already had chad who I believe is a top 3 accurate qb in history. Your right though he won’t have to be great. It will be interesting to see if he can make the deep ball. Everyone knows he can throw 15 yards. I wanna see how he does on a 2nd and 6 with a deep route. He will have two of the fastest guys to throw it to. One of them should be open. 

bridgewater looks old. Came back home to retire.

this skylar kid comes in and goes on a 10 play drive for a td. Guys laying out and playing 110% for him. Ironically (considering last weeks win) losing on a clanker from sanders. Still nice late game drive to set up for a winning fg. He has shown the most out of real game scenarios. 

It's the PRESEASON. LMAO

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Tiny hands and wears two gloves.

Even going up to Pickett's 8.625-inch Pro Day measurement, that still would add only two more names: BYU's Tanner Mangum in 2019 and Kansas State's Skylar Thompson in 2022, who both measured at 8.625

You were saying? 🤣

AP21290003479967.jpg

Editorials Team · Posted
9 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Seems like a bit of a random choice being in Montana

Dad's family is from Pitt and all went to school there.

Also, I'm a million miles from any FBS school, so we're not beholden to geography.

Plus Wyoming and Washington and all the others can go fuck themselves.

11 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Also, I'm a million miles from any FBS school, so we're not beholden to geography.

The only players I can even name from Wyoming are Josh Allen and Logan Wilson. The Pac-12 doesn't have much left anymore outside of Oregon. The deal with USC and UCLA going to the Big 10 still seems ridiculous to me.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

10 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Even going up to Pickett's 8.625-inch Pro Day measurement, that still would add only two more names: BYU's Tanner Mangum in 2019 and Kansas State's Skylar Thompson in 2022, who both measured at 8.625

You were saying? 🤣

10 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

What did you do edit that with photoshop? Nice try. skylar is the real deal! Pickett looks pretty good right now but he will take off the gloves if he starts to play for real.

Administrator · Posted
15 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Hey, there's something to be said for the smaller conferences for sports betting.   Used to be in the MAC and Mountain West you could find the super dominant teams and the doormats pretty early on, which would make for some epic paydays on 3-4 team parlays.

Plus I'm about to cash in on a bet I made with a co-worker that Josh Allen would have a better pro career than Baker Mayfield.