IGNORED

2022-23 NCAA and NFL Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

• 4 weeks later...
Administrator · Posted
14 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I don't get why the Bengals drafted another edge rusher with a top tight end prospect sitting right there. Adding a depth guy as a position they were fine at seems questionable over getting Joe Burrow another potentially elite weapon.

Because a really good TE will still be available in future rounds?

I'm not sure why that tight end from Georgia fell so far since it looked like most scouts had him graded as an early second round pick. He was still on the board when the Bengals traded back in the third round which let the Steelers select him before the Bengals pick came up, so hopefully he doesn't end up burning their defense twice a year. I'd like to see them get Josh Whyle from UC if he's there when the Bengals pick today in the fourth round. 

On 4/28/2023 at 9:31 PM, captmorgandrinker said:

Because a really good TE will still be available in future rounds?

There were a few still on the board, but they passed on taking any of them. I don't get taking two WRs when that's likely their deepest position or drafting a punter when they could have gotten a decent one as an undrafted free agent. They didn't pick up an extra OL either, which seems like they could use some extra depth there with the injury issues they had last season.