IGNORED

The console with the 10 best expensive games?

Nintegageo

Which wins?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• NES
    • Game Boy
    • SNES
    • N64
    • GC
    • SMS
    • Sega Genesis/MD
    • Sega CD
    • Sega Saturn
    • Sega Dreamcast
    • Sega Game Gear
    • PS1
    • PS2
    • XBox
    • Neo Geo
    • TG
    • TG CD
    • GBA

I'm sure there will be lots of other more interesting answers shortly but, NES is no slouch. According to PC the top 10 are:

Little Samson, Flintstones 2, Panic Restaurant, Bonk's Adventure, Power Blade 2, Kid Klown, Dragon Fighter, Zombie Nation, Cowboy Kid, & Bubble Bobble 2.

I think there's only 1 or 2 "meh" games there, most of them are really good. We probably all already knew that, but yeah it's a solid list.

• Like 1

PS1 (according to VGPC) has an interesting top 10 right now because it's games people like rather than rare bullshit. Team Buddies doesn't even make the list anymore! I haven't played enough of them to rate it but it sure looks the best.

Tron Bonne
Klonoa
Persona
Tail Concerto
Clock Tower 2
Persona 2
Valkyrie Profile
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Suikoden II
Batman Forever Arcade

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Tron Bonne
Klonoa
Persona
Tail Concerto
Clock Tower 2
Persona 2
Valkyrie Profile
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Suikoden II
Batman Forever Arcade

I've heard of Person, Person 2, and Suikoden II. I think I've heard the name Valkyrie Profile, but don't know anything about it. Never heard of any of the rest of these, I guess they're good?

Wow, had no idea Valkyrie Profile was worth almost as much as Suikoden II. Neat.

...Now I'm second-guessing myself as to whether I actually own the disc or just PSNed the game.

But, Clock Tower II is by most accounts the black sheep of that series, Batman Forever Arcade has really shitty reviews, and while Persona 2 is one thing I've never seen people say much positive about Persona 1. There's some good stuff there but that is not really an all-around solid list.

Will confirm Battle Mania 2 is a worthy addition for the Mega Drive list. Battle Mania 1 is decent.

1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

Sega CD.

Just a few:

KEIO Flying Squadron
Snatcher
Shining Force CD
Popful Mail
Lunar I (Especially the really rare artwork #7 disc)
Lunar II 
Earthworm Jim

These are just the ones I played (and have) - I know there are some other high enders in genres I don't play.

So Jelly...

12 hours ago, Khromak said:

I'm sure there will be lots of other more interesting answers shortly but, NES is no slouch. According to PC the top 10 are:

Little Samson, Flintstones 2, Panic Restaurant, Bonk's Adventure, Power Blade 2, Kid Klown, Dragon Fighter, Zombie Nation, Cowboy Kid, & Bubble Bobble 2.

I think there's only 1 or 2 "meh" games there, most of them are really good. We probably all already knew that, but yeah it's a solid list.

Imagine if a single game was missing from your list that was worth more than all of the other games combined....🤔

I'd put it to the SNES over the Nintendo at this rate, not that the NES has been slipping badly, but SNES just keeps getting nastier still.  Making a 10 list would be hard, there's far more than 10 great titles that are expensive.

Randomly from memory (loose cart prices) you have Aero Fighters, Dracula X, Chrono Trigger, Metal Warriors, Harvest Moon, Space Megaforce, Earthbound, Pocky & Rocky(both), Mega Man 7 and X3, EVO, Wild Guns, SWAT Kats, Ogre Battle, Spike McFang, Final Fight Guy, Captain Commando, Final Fight 3, Kirby's Dream Land 3, and there are others.  I just know those lately have sold for minimally in the $1000+(Aero Fighters) down to the $200+ range as Kirby just broke that level.

If you get into the $150+ club then it adds quite a few more gems.

21 hours ago, Khromak said:

Even though I'm a huge fan of the system, I don't think most of the NES expensive list is very good. Little Samson sure, and maybe Dragon Fighter & Bubble Bobble 2 are worth playing, but there's a lot of generic stuff there. I'd say it's mostly meh, myself.

Edited by scaryice

52 minutes ago, scaryice said:

Even though I'm a huge fan of the system, I don't think most of the NES expensive list is very good. Little Samson sure, and maybe Dragon Fighter & Bubble Bobble 2 are worth playing, but there's a lot of generic stuff there. I'd say it's mostly meh, myself.

I mean it's really just a matter of personal preference obviously, this is all subjective, but I enjoyed Flintstones 2, Panic, Bonk, Power Blade 2, Dragon Fighter, Little Samson. Bubble Bobble 2 is alright, Kid Klown was pretty decent. I'm not a big fan of shooters so Zombie Nation is a bit of a dud for me, but I'm sure it would be fun for some. I think Cowboy Kid is pretty bad, but haven't given it all that much time. Either way though, for ~7 or so of the top 10 most expensive to be solid titles I think is a good launching off point