IGNORED

The console with the 10 best expensive games?

Nintegageo

Which wins?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• NES
    • Game Boy
    • SNES
    • N64
    • GC
    • SMS
    • Sega Genesis/MD
    • Sega CD
    • Sega Saturn
    • Sega Dreamcast
    • Sega Game Gear
    • PS1
    • PS2
    • XBox
    • Neo Geo
    • TG
    • TG CD
    • GBA

Yea this is a very interesting thread idea.  Maybe it could be a poll?  Lots of great answers here and it will be hard to pick.  It's interesting that Dreamcast and Gamecube haven't come up yet either.

I'm leaning Saturn but before I give my final answer, would TG-16 include CD games or would those be considered a separate platform?

The Mega Drive line up would beat PCE in every way. If you are talking about shoot-em-ups, platformers, or run and guns, Mega Drive is winning. Sorry 

Edit: Regarding a poll I think you would need to clarify if we are talking about top 10 expensive games as far as Price Charting or a range of games that are in say the top % range of a library.

Edited by Californication

• The title was changed to The console with the 10 best expensive games?

Yeah but those games suck. 

I take back neo geo, as only a few of the top 10 are good. 

And I don’t care if metal slug is 25K for the AES version It can’t carry the whole group

edit: voted snes for standard retail releases, but “best” is too subjective to matter

Edited by MrWunderful

On 7/15/2022 at 10:29 PM, scaryice said:

Even though I'm a huge fan of the system, I don't think most of the NES expensive list is very good. Little Samson sure, and maybe Dragon Fighter & Bubble Bobble 2 are worth playing, but there's a lot of generic stuff there. I'd say it's mostly meh, myself.

I agree, that's why I collect Famicom, most of the NES library sucks. 😉

10 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Damn I voted Saturn but just looked up SNES and that is a tough line up.

Screenshot_20220716-183431.thumb.png.d1248620d1c417e9e18ae1afe4c304f5.png

I included the top 12 bc the box variant I wouldn't count or the super Metroid NFR

Oh yeah maybe I jumped the gun too haha. If you included SFC that would be a hard list to beat. 

2 hours ago, Sumez said:

The most expensive selection of "ten best games", or the best games among their ten most expensive ones, or the best list of ten games which also happen to be expensive (in which case, what's the threshold for "expensive")?

that

2 hours ago, Sumez said:

The most expensive selection of "ten best games", or the best games among their ten most expensive ones, or the best list of ten games which also happen to be expensive (in which case, what's the threshold for "expensive")?

The best top ten highest priced games as listed by Price Charting.

Edited by Californication

On 7/17/2022 at 4:54 AM, fcgamer said:

I'd say neo geo, never even played it. But arcade games at home > a bunch of dank ass SNES games like bronkie , pockie, and the hagane Boyz.

Historically you're correct, and even now, depending how you want to measure it, you still are, if you stick not to MVS, but AES the home re-pinned version.  The games on the whole aren't that bad price wise, but there are like a top 3 or so that gets ungodly shitty sums of money going into the 10K range as there are so few copies like Neo Turf Masters and the last of the Metal Slugs to hit it.  On the whole, SNES may still beat it, maybe, as would a couple others, for quantity of high dollar titles, but single value top dollar *retail* the AES will kick the others ass.

• Like 1