IGNORED

A new staff approaches!

Gloves

Administrator · Posted

TWO new staff, even! Wowza!

Wowza? Christ how old am I? Time for ol' Lassie to be taken out to the farm to tend to the rabbits... wait that's a different... shit.

Anyway, please give a warm round of appreciation to our two new VGS staffers, @FireHazard51 and @ZeldaFreak! Both have shown dedication to the community in their time with us, and both have inundated me with endless suggestions and nitpicks and nagging and I just couldn't take it anymore so I caved and said "Do it your goddamn self" and I guess they took that to heart cuz here we are.

I'm gonna go backwards alphabetical this time around to mix things up:

ZeldaFreak is going to be helping out with Events! I already made the "no man is an island" joke with Jeevan calling him old like an island in the staff forum and it fell kinda flat there so I won't repeat it here. Suffice it to say that we want to make sure we're putting out a steady stream of fun stuff to keep you all busy playing games (crack those seals!), and ZeldaFreak is here to help make that happen.

On the other side of something resembling a spectrum we have Firehazard, who like myself is terrible at social media. Wait... No that's what he'll be handling for us, he's not like me at all; I don't think he even HAS hair, we're polar opposites. And so like the polar bear that he is, he'll be helping us to up our game on various channels like the Twitters (a barren wasteland of me not tweeting ever about anything please follow us I'm so alone) and Twitch (moving pictures for the older folks among us). Stuff like that. Basically making sure that the people who aren't already here get their BUTTS over here, and those who ARE here have a means of communicating with us when I inevitably ruin the website.

So hats off to them! I'm confident that both of these fine gentlemen will do a stellar job as they have already been doing for a while now just being around and cool dudes. Keep it up! Or else!

• Like 15
  • Love 5
  • Haha 1

Events Team · Posted

Oh cool I didn't think I was gonna get a welcome, hello, haha

4 minutes ago, Gloves said:

both have inundated me with endless suggestions and nitpicks and nagging and I just couldn't take it anymore so I caved and said "Do it your goddamn self" and I guess they took that to heart cuz here we are.

This is also very ironic seeing as how I just PMed you a bunch of stuff that could be improved with the dark mode

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Social Team · Posted
14 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Congratulations on the promotion guys! Will be great to see what you two come up with. 

Fire Elmo GIF

Spoiler

Hopefully you'll see more new people showing up and also more people being recognized for their excellent work that they showcase on VGS like those amazing blog post people do.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

Fire Elmo GIF

Hide contents

Hopefully you'll see more new people showing up and also more people being recognized for their excellent work that they showcase on VGS like those amazing blog post people do.

Can we get paid for shitposting? Or like a weekly cash-prize for most epic burn? I feel at lot of my greatest work is going under-compensated over here, if I'm honest...

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Gloves said:

TWO new staff, even! Wowza!

Wowza? Christ how old am I? Time for ol' Lassie to be taken out to the farm to tend to the rabbits... wait that's a different... shit.

Anyway, please give a warm round of appreciation to our two new VGS staffers, @FireHazard51 and @ZeldaFreak! Both have shown dedication to the community in their time with us, and both have inundated me with endless suggestions and nitpicks and nagging and I just couldn't take it anymore so I caved and said "Do it your goddamn self" and I guess they took that to heart cuz here we are.

I'm gonna go backwards alphabetical this time around to mix things up:

ZeldaFreak is going to be helping out with Events! I already made the "no man is an island" joke with Jeevan calling him old like an island in the staff forum and it fell kinda flat there so I won't repeat it here. Suffice it to say that we want to make sure we're putting out a steady stream of fun stuff to keep you all busy playing games (crack those seals!), and ZeldaFreak is here to help make that happen.

On the other side of something resembling a spectrum we have Firehazard, who like myself is terrible at social media. Wait... No that's what he'll be handling for us, he's not like me at all; I don't think he even HAS hair, we're polar opposites. And so like the polar bear that he is, he'll be helping us to up our game on various channels like the Twitters (a barren wasteland of me not tweeting ever about anything please follow us I'm so alone) and Twitch (moving pictures for the older folks among us). Stuff like that. Basically making sure that the people who aren't already here get their BUTTS over here, and those who ARE here have a means of communicating with us when I inevitably ruin the website.

So hats off to them! I'm confident that both of these fine gentlemen will do a stellar job as they have already been doing for a while now just being around and cool dudes. Keep it up! Or else!

Are we finally going to be officially be sponsored by Skyline Chili?

Administrator · Posted
8 hours ago, Gloves said:

When the hell did you get more posts than me? The hell, man?

Werewolf....

Those posts should count for like 25% of other posts hahahah.

Anyway, welcome to @FireHazard51 and @ZeldaFreak!!  Thanks for joining and helping us out, it is very much appreciated and I look forward to working with you both.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Ok, so how many times do I need to hassle you @Gloves to come on staff as the "Apprentice Banhammer', aka. a light moderator.  Haha.

But seriously, congrats guys.  It's good to hear for you guys but it's also good to hear the site is both growing and wants to grow by providing these rules.

Thanks everyone for making this place most excellent!

• Haha 1

On 7/13/2022 at 11:47 PM, OptOut said:

Can we get paid for shitposting? Or like a weekly cash-prize for most epic burn? I feel at lot of my greatest work is going under-compensated over here, if I'm honest...

I feel like your masterpaintses actively harm the community

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

On 7/14/2022 at 12:47 AM, OptOut said:

I like this idea if it includes backpay since my pace has fallen off in recent months.

• Agree 1