IGNORED

Would you have like Mario more if he looked Cool? Cute?

T-Pac

Administrator · Posted
11 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

Awesome! It’s funny how now that you’ve got a “explicit” art style in one, that the elements from the other fall off.

C…can you attempt Yoshitaka Amano?

If he pulls off a solid Amano I'm just outta here bro. Never see me again.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Don't forget he made God Kefka Lolo back whenever...I still have that drawing and I cherish it more than anything else in my collection (really)

Yeah but that was an Amano idea in a Casual style. If he pops in here with a mixed media Japanese take on a classical French art nouveau version of Mario I'm just plain done.

Events Helper · Posted
32 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Yeah but that was an Amano idea in a Casual style. If he pops in here with a mixed media Japanese take on a classical French art nouveau version of Mario I'm just plain done.

@CasualCart im confused on what all this is, but please do this to see @Gloves peace out for like the all of 20 secs. until he comments on how beautiful your art style is 😊

• Like 1

My first exposure to Mario was from the cartoons, so even though I got the hang of design from the 3D games with Martinet's voice, I always find the extra appeal with its cartoony design from Super Show with Lou Albano's voice, despite the quality.

On 6/29/2022 at 12:50 AM, CasualCart said:

Well I grew up collecting Pokemon cards and watching "The Fairly Oddparents", so those two definitely make sense haha.

-CasualCart

I'd love to see a Mario drawn by Tezuka for sure.

-CasualCart

image.jpeg.294d568d2b9daa7a512fc41a1b756598.jpeg

These Mario styles are so good that it actually motivated me to do my own style from another artist.

I grew up loving European comics so I did a quickie attempt of a Hergé drawn Mario encountering a shellcreeper for the first time, it was an idea that was playing in my mind for a while actually.

I don't often draw, so I did the best I could despite the skills, plus It was also getting really late here so I couldn't finish it, maybe later on.

hergemario.png.a0793252776170299ec711ff17601b0d.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Graphics Team · Posted
On 6/28/2022 at 8:21 AM, ThePhleo said:

C…can you attempt Yoshitaka Amano?

On 6/28/2022 at 8:07 PM, Gloves said:

If he pulls off a solid Amano I'm just outta here bro. Never see me again.

Well - I definitely wouldn't say it's an accurate simulation of Amano, but I think this still turned out pretty cool.

-CasualCart

image.thumb.jpeg.2418662f489ba7feda8fdbee849443b3.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 8
  • Love 5

One of my favorite things in art is when people mimic each other. It just gives me a lot of joy. In acting, it's usually to great comedic effect (for example: Andy Kaufman imitating Judd Hirsch on Taxi). In illustration, it's just amazing. I don't know anything about the other artists mentioned here, but it's clear @CasualCart you have a wide, formidable, and versatile range. You're known for a style that looks simple but it's really very dynamic and expressive. Now we see you can execute incredible intricacy and detail when it's called for. In those ways I'd easily compare you to Bill Watterson. It's no wonder you can dash off such delightful doodles pertinent to the discussion at hand in a moment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
6 hours ago, Lynda Monica said:

If you don't take commissions already Casual Cart, set that up. Though I'd like to think you make mad dollar off of that already. 🙂

As for Mario I don't think I have much more to add than what I already said. I was just admiring the artwork. 🙂

He's done a couple commissions, my little avatar guy along with the art in my signature were both commissions actually.

6 hours ago, Lynda Monica said:

If you don't take commissions already Casual Cart, set that up. Though I'd like to think you make mad dollar off of that already. 🙂

As for Mario I don't think I have much more to add than what I already said. I was just admiring the artwork. 🙂

I don't have the link, but he has a video (I think) that displays his different art styles, quite an interesting video that was.

• Like 1