IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

The original Tomb Raider, currently at Palace Midas and a little stuck, but it's late and I'm tired. I'll come back to it tomorrow with a fresh pair of eyes.

It's been very chill, exploring each area and figuring out the puzzels. Little more combat heavy than I remember but at least you're just raiding tombs.

Edited by Cepp

2 hours ago, Cepp said:

The original Tomb Raider, currently at Palace Midas and a little stuck, but it's late and I'm tired. I'll come back to it tomorrow with a fresh pair of eyes.

It's been very chill, exploring each area and figuring out the puzzels. Little more combat heavy than I remember but at least you're just raiding tombs.

PSX, Saturn, N-Gage?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing Wind Waker HD and might be putting it down for a while.  I loved the game the first time around but not this time.  The ocean travel among other things just feels tedious.  Really hope I don't feel this way when I return to it in a couple years.

Edited by zeppelin03

Still playing Mario Odyssey.

All purple coins found
All souvenirs purchased 
Entire capture list complete
All music acquired
All checkpoints found

Just missing 15 moons and about 70k coins worth of clothing to purchase.  Not sure if I will complete those last two things or not because there are a few moons that piss me off, and I don't know if I want to farm that many coins.

Last night, I returned the volleyball in the Seaside Kingdom 96 times in a row before it hit the ground.  I was effing pissed.  

9 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

Still playing Mario Odyssey.

All purple coins found
All souvenirs purchased 
Entire capture list complete
All music acquired
All checkpoints found

Just missing 15 moons and about 70k coins worth of clothing to purchase.  Not sure if I will complete those last two things or not because there are a few moons that piss me off, and I don't know if I want to farm that many coins.

Last night, I returned the volleyball in the Seaside Kingdom 96 times in a row before it hit the ground.  I was effing pissed.  

As of tonight, one moon to go.  I've attempted it several times and it's damn hard.  I hate to think I've come this far to quit at 998/999 moons, but I don't see myself completing this last one.  

On 8/11/2020 at 11:19 PM, TDIRunner said:

As of tonight, one moon to go.  I've attempted it several times and it's damn hard.  I hate to think I've come this far to quit at 998/999 moons, but I don't see myself completing this last one.  

You can do it man!! If I can do it, you can too. Which one is it?

Yeah the Volleyball was a PAIN in the ass. It was the last one for me. I also hated those drawing ones in the clouds but ended up doing those much earlier than the others I had left.

In other words...shoot so I completely forgot about the capture list since you mentioned completing it. That was the only thing I didn't complete. I had only a few more left from what I remember hmmm...I'll have to get back to that.

Edited by Skorp

15 hours ago, Skorp said:

You can do it man!! If I can do it, you can too. Which one is it?

Yeah the Volleyball was a PAIN in the ass. It was the last one for me. I also hated those drawing ones in the clouds but ended up doing those much earlier than the others I had left.

In other words...shoot so I completely forgot about the capture list since you mentioned completing it. That was the only thing I didn't complete. I had only a few more left from what I remember hmmm...I'll have to get back to that.

The Darker Side moon #4.  There is no way I'm ever getting that one.

I managed to get the volleyball moon using Cappy playing as "2 players," but still by myself.  I don't consider that cheating.  However, to get the jump rope moon, I used the glitch.  I do consider that cheating, but I don't care.  100 jump ropes is bull shit.  For both volleyball and jump rope, I was able to get the first moon (15 I think) using the normal methods.  

• Like 1

Minecraft, with several other folks from VGS.  I finally reached the point in my base and supplies where I could start doing the zombify/cure trick with my villagers to maximize efficiency/minimize prices and couldn't resist the below  once I got my zombie into his "office" and the idea occurred to me.  Unlike his movie counterpart, all of my villagers who've met with him have been extremely motivated afterward!  I call that little nook the "self improvement room."  🤣

2020-08-16_00_29_39.thumb.png.05b2972a9ed62f0de7d8af8b4877b582.png

I grabbed a copy of Ring Fit Adventure and have been working through the new Paper Mario. Ring fit is actually an excellent cardio/toning workout. I do that for 20-30 minutes every other day and then lift weights the other days and it's a nice balance for me. The gameplay itself is pretty boring, but it's nice to do something different from my usual HIIT training with videos. The ring is also a very novel and impressive little exercise tool. Overall, if say Ring Fit is a great time for getting into working out if you don't exercise regularly.

As for Paper Mario, it's definitely way better than the last one I played (Sticker Star), but the battle system leaves a lot to be desired. Aligning the rings and solving the boss puzzles is interesting, if not entirely enjoyable, the first few times, but grows old quickly. Thankfully there are some fights which play out on the "overworld" akin to an action RPG with Mario working his signature hammer. The graphics are colorful with some great character design and entertaining animation. Even better, the writing is snappy and humorous. With a better battle system and actual experience/leveling, this could have been a great game. As it stands, it's an enjoyable diversion if you can sneak past most encounters (you can).

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 8:52 PM, TDIRunner said:

The Darker Side moon #4.  There is no way I'm ever getting that one.

I managed to get the volleyball moon using Cappy playing as "2 players," but still by myself.  I don't consider that cheating.  However, to get the jump rope moon, I used the glitch.  I do consider that cheating, but I don't care.  100 jump ropes is bull shit.  For both volleyball and jump rope, I was able to get the first moon (15 I think) using the normal methods.  

You got that, man. That's the one with the long jumps on the blocks with the Big Bill following you? Probably one of the hardest moons in the game no doubt.

I farmed coins in the mini game/bean stock in Bowser's Kingdom. I think you get 180 coins every time and it's quick and easy to get back to as the seed is really close to the dirt patch. It's still a pain though. Last thing I did in the game I believe.

-----

I'm playing Tropical Freeze right now. Really fun game and creative levels. The jump mechanics can be a little wonky at times but still beats shaking the Wiimote over, and over, and over like DKC Returns.

1 minute ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

You got that, man. That's the one with the long jumps on the blocks with the Big Bill following you? Probably one of the hardest moons in the game no doubt.

Yes, that's the one, and no I don't got it.... 😔    I've spent a lot of time trying it and I just don't see it happening.  I'm sure it's probably more my reflexes, but I've always considered the controls for this game to be pretty poor which doesn't help my cause.  

I farmed coins in the mini game/bean stock in Bowser's Kingdom. I think you get 180 coins every time and it's quick and easy to get back to as the seed is really close to the dirt patch. It's still a pain though. Last thing I did in the game I believe.

That's where I've been farming coins as well.  It's around 1 hour to farm enough coins to max out at 9999.  Based on the outfits that I still need to buy, I'm looking at around 7 hours of doing the same thing over and over again.  Not sure if I really want to do that.  There are a few outfits that I want, so I might get those, but the outfits for the enemy bosses are sort of dumb.  Not sure if it's worth my time.  I'm really surprised those outfits haven't been given the option for micro transactions.  Not that I would ever pay real money for something like that, but it just seems like the obvious place to put it. 

4 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Yes, that's the one, and no I don't got it.... 😔    I've spent a lot of time trying it and I just don't see it happening.  I'm sure it's probably more my reflexes, but I've always considered the controls for this game to be pretty poor which doesn't help my cause.  

That's where I've been farming coins as well.  It's around 1 hour to farm enough coins to max out at 9999.  Based on the outfits that I still need to buy, I'm looking at around 7 hours of doing the same thing over and over again.  Not sure if I really want to do that.  There are a few outfits that I want, so I might get those, but the outfits for the enemy bosses are sort of dumb.  Not sure if it's worth my time.  I'm really surprised those outfits haven't been given the option for micro transactions.  Not that I would ever pay real money for something like that, but it just seems like the obvious place to put it. 

Yeah the coin thing was stupid. I'm pretty sure it took me a few hour sessions to get the rest of the coins I needed and I farted around in this game for a while after all the other moons were captured. I kinda hated myself for it, but with it being a Mario game and getting that far I felt I needed to 100% it.

Not that it would help much but have you watched any videos on getting the #4 moon? Might be a video out there to give a bit of advice maybe. I agree that the controls were not exactly great in the game... the running is a little loose. You only gotta do it once though. I believe in you if you've been able to get all the other moons.

Yeah the coin thing was stupid. I'm pretty sure it took me a few hour sessions to get the rest of the coins I needed and I farted around in this game for a while after all the other moons were captured. I kinda hated myself for it, but with it being a Mario game and getting that far I felt I needed to 100% it.

Not that it would help much but have you watched any videos on getting the #4 moon? Might be a video out there to give a bit of advice maybe. I agree that the controls were not exactly great in the game... the running is a little loose. You only gotta do it once though. I believe in you if you've been able to get all the other moons.

By far my largest issue with the game is that while the controls are ok, they are certainly not designed for precision jumping.  If they want to design the game that way, they shouldn't require any precision jumping.  If they want to include puzzles like that, they should have tightened up the controls a little bit.  

I'll put it another way.  The main reason why I probably won't go for it again is because I will get no satisfaction from completing it.  I'll just be pissed at a game mechanic that was poorly designed in an otherwise super fun game.  I would rather have the good memories of the first game my son and I played together instead of any negative memories.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

By far my largest issue with the game is that while the controls are ok, they are certainly not designed for precision jumping.  If they want to design the game that way, they shouldn't require any precision jumping.  If they want to include puzzles like that, they should have tightened up the controls a little bit.  

I'll put it another way.  The main reason why I probably won't go for it again is because I will get no satisfaction from completing it.  I'll just be pissed at a game mechanic that was poorly designed in an otherwise super fun game.  I would rather have the good memories of the first game my son and I played together instead of any negative memories.  

Fair enough. It's kinda strange that the mechanics are so awesome in this game with Cappy but it definitely lacks in tight controls/running. I felt like Mario 64 controlled better (minus the camera).

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted
On 8/16/2020 at 8:38 PM, CMR said:

I just beat Legendary Wings (NES) again today.

I feel like I always hear people say this game is easy for a shooter, but I get smoked 100% of the time even in the first level of Legendary Wings. Any tips for making progress?
(Love your current Dynowarz avatar, by the way, almost as much as the Sector Z one from before - you've got good taste in robots haha)

-CasualCart