IGNORED

What are you currently reading?

Reed Rothchild

53 minutes ago, themisfit138 said:

The card is a 1989 NBA Hoops card. I just have to scan through mine and see if I have the original. 

Edit: found it!

6D41AB4E-E49E-4CB3-93CC-016D61065C51.jpeg.f3ad439d4596481d5a63305667a977c2.jpeg

Off topic, but remember the Hoops card (wasn't from that year, I think it was the following year) where the one guy's card (Sam somebody?) went through the roof because it showed Jordan in a number 12 jersey in the background?

40 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Off topic, but remember the Hoops card (wasn't from that year, I think it was the following year) where the one guy's card (Sam somebody?) went through the roof because it showed Jordan in a number 12 jersey in the background?

This is the most recent background to spike up a price

15749109693495865989874049184933.jpg

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

This is the most recent background to spike up a price

15749109693495865989874049184933.jpg

When googling why that one, I did find the one I was thinking of:

nbahoops-vincent.jpg.34543b748b015dcbdddb4d385ac4f93f.jpg

But if memory serves Hoops offered a corrected Sam Vincent cart with a different pic?   The Menendez bros. thing is uncanny though.

Also, there's some 90s common with a young Patrick Kane in the background:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/blackhawks/ct-patrick-kane-hockey-card-htmlstory.html

2 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

When googling why that one, I did find the one I was thinking of:

nbahoops-vincent.jpg.34543b748b015dcbdddb4d385ac4f93f.jpg

But if memory serves Hoops offered a corrected Sam Vincent cart with a different pic?   The Menendez bros. thing is uncanny though.

Also, there's some 90s common with a young Patrick Kane in the background:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/blackhawks/ct-patrick-kane-hockey-card-htmlstory.html

Interesting stuff. I've never heard of the Kane card. The kid was pumped

Finished Dune Messiah while visiting my grandmother for Thanksgiving and ended up starting Children of Dune immediately after.  Thought Dune Messiah was on the "meh" side (well written, but didn't really do much of interest, at least to me), but am enjoying Children of Dune nearly as much as the original book.  I'm about 50% done right now, but where we're back home and there's a lot less relatives to get excited about and visit with my kids, I have a feeling it'll be a while before I get to finish it.

On Book 3 of a series called Holding Their Own.................12 books in all I believe. Has me hooked. 

A Story of Survival, is set in the year 2015, when the world is burdened by the second Great Depression. The United States, already weakened by internal strife, becomes the target of an international terror plot. A series of attacks results in thousands of casualties and disables the country's core infrastructure. The combination of economic hardship and the staggering blow of the terror attacks results in a collapse of the government.

This is a realistic story of how an average, middle class couple survives the cascading events brought on by international politics, high tech military actions and the eventual downfall of society. All of their survival skills are tested during the action packed expedition in a world that resembles the American West of 200 years past.

I am about to give up on Harry Potter. Harry is a total meat head, who can’t figure out the completely obvious even after experiencing similar happenings. The last half of Order of the Phoenix was just Harry angrily yelling at and creating drama with everyone. Currently 26 chapters into Half-Blood Prince and it is just more of the same high drama. Way too much drama for me. 

Well back to continuing through the R.A. Salvatore books. 

• 2 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted

Finished Doctor Sleep.  Good - probably in King's top 50% - but not amongst his best.  Felt very brief.

Also finished The Left Hand of Darkness.  Man was that slow.  For the first half of the book I had to consult wikipedia, because entire pages would go by where I had absolutely no idea what was going on.

Started up these two

The Eden Express: A Memoir of InsanityThe Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #2)