IGNORED

What are you currently reading?

Reed Rothchild

So I buy inexpensive books at the local thrift store in my neighborhood. I find some very random shit.  I mostly like history and educational stuff from way back. Always interesting to see how humanity has progressed, regressed and stayed the same. 
I’ll finish this one off either tomorrow or Thursday. 

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted

Finished this guy

The Hero of Ages (Mistborn, #3)

Wow, very epic finish.  It's obvious that Sanderson had everything planned from the start, as every single loose thread comes together at the end.  Really surprised it hasn't been adapted into a movie trilogy.  Probably inevitable.

Starting up A Wrinkle in Time.  Not because I expect to love it, but mostly for reference.

First line: "It was a dark and stormy night."  Well, I guess I can now answer the inevitable pub trivia question about where that line is from

• Like 1

Finally decided to read the Harry Potter series. I have only seen the first movie. So, I have no preconceived notions, I can just judge the books.

I am 16 chapters into Tho Order of the Phoenix. They have all been easy reads so far. I would call them ok at best. Good children's books but meh for adults. I am still going to push through to the end.

I picked up this locally a few days ago for something to skim through while I got my brakes changed today. I'd never heard of these guys on social media or seen what they do before,
two brothers who spent their childhood allowances on nothing but baseball cards only to grow up and find them all mostly worthless, so they drew all over them, but I was really struggling to hold back hard laughter in a packed, quiet waiting room today. Some of these are absolutely hysterical, and they are all 100% done with sharpie. A lot of them are way more impressive than I expected, and there are a few football/basketball/wrestling ones thrown in there.

9781452173603.jpg4df8b4c3-0798-41cb-92c9-bb8eaaba3287._CRnext_level_jnco_medium.jpg?v=1571360291

1 hour ago, DorkOverlord said:

Ghost in the Wires by Kevin Mitnick and Al Jourgensen's autobiography. 

How is ghost in the wires? Its on my list to read.

Just started The Last Lecture, and started a re-read of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Also started this page turner at work:

5139XV0QYsL._SR500,500_.jpg

Edited by LtCasual

I'm a little over half way through "Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman

I'm not sure what I'll check out next. I am pretty slow with books, but I love reading.

This year, so far, I've finished the main books from the Ender's Game series, picking up with Speaker for the Dead. I finished Ender's Game years ago and decided to finish off the rest this year. I like the rest of the books better than Ender's Game. I haven't started Ender's Shadow, yet. I'm not sure if I will. I also finished Stardust, By Neil Gaiman, Artemis and The Martian by Andy Weir, Parable of the Sower, by Octavia E. Butler, Dance of the Dissident Daughter by Sue Monk Kidd, Tranny, by Laura Jane Grace, and Whipping Girl, by Julia Serrano.

This year has been my most active year reading, ever, lol.

Edited by T3rra
  • Like 1

Just finished Dune Messiah last night (liked it well enough, but not as much as the original book) and getting ready to start on Children of Dune when I get a chance.  Also found out that there's about a half dozen more new-canon Star Wars books that I wasn't aware of that I'm looking into checking out and picking up.

On 11/23/2019 at 9:18 PM, trj22487 said:

I picked up this locally a few days ago for something to skim through while I got my brakes changed today. I'd never heard of these guys on social media or seen what they do before,
two brothers who spent their childhood allowances on nothing but baseball cards only to grow up and find them all mostly worthless, so they drew all over them, but I was really struggling to hold back hard laughter in a packed, quiet waiting room today. Some of these are absolutely hysterical, and they are all 100% done with sharpie. A lot of them are way more impressive than I expected, and there are a few football/basketball/wrestling ones thrown in there.

9781452173603.jpg4df8b4c3-0798-41cb-92c9-bb8eaaba3287._CRnext_level_jnco_medium.jpg?v=1571360291

Enjoyed this one also. 

1CF99B8C-0686-44DD-A66B-2920A7031A64.png.df02e02dce9a2309e8f2f488a689cf08.png

Oh, that's great.

Mark Hamill, when he signs old SW cards often leaves a joke/note on them.  It's kind of similar. I'm not an autograph collector, but it makes me want to get a few.

eonN0fp.0.jpg

mark-hamill-autographed-card-20.jpg

Mark-Hamill-Star-Wars-Trading-Card-Joke-024-Air-Bads-My-Butt.jpg

• Haha 1

They sell the vandalized cards on their site as well.

• Like 1