IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Donkey Kong

BeaIank

23 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

That is a cooler setup, but I cringed really hard when I saw a power blade 2 with no box protector! Pre box protector days, I had all those higher end games in clam shells. 

I also have a cool place to play dk, but memorial day just didn't cooperate. Kept hoping for rain to force me back inside, but it wasn't in the cards. Was going to try to make a run toward 250,000 tonight, but im chasing a participation score at this point. Really impressive scores 

Haha, agreed! I feel dirty thinking about all of those carts not in box protectors! If you look closely, you'll see I kept the heavy hitters in standard game sleeves when on the shelf. Still, I feel much better about the way it's set up now. 

I'm trying to decide if I should just move on to Puzznic or not. @Jeevan might be disappointed though 😄 Did @skinnygrinny get lost out in the glades somewhere's looking for Bayou Billeh!?

Skinny will put up a score. I think if there was a reason not to we would have seen a dejected post about memorial day beer woes. Im surprised that didn't get more people. We were supposed to get all this rain this weekend, but its been perfect. Can't complain about beer and golf with family though. Always next year for dk. Now I have to figure out if I have a copy of puzznic. 

Edit: No copy of puzznic. Gotta rectify that situation 

Edited by NESfiend

I gave it a final push and had my best round ever! Not that I've played a lot of Donkey Kong 😄 But it was a good one for me. SO CLOSE to my personal goal of 200k (197,000). I may give it another go, but for now, I'm out of time. I really enjoyed revisiting this game!  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

I gave it a final push and had my best round ever! Not that I've played a lot of Donkey Kong 😄 But it was a good one for me. SO CLOSE to my personal goal of 200k (197,000). I may give it another go, but for now, I'm out of time. I really enjoyed revisiting this game!  

Lol I tried to get to my personal goal of 250k after my kid went down at 9:30 est. Of course I'm a few thousand below the ninji score. I left so much on the table with this. I'm not even sure which part of the game I'm bad at because all my deaths were just stupid careless mistakes. 300k is so doable if I had a real block of time. And it finally now just started raining here lol

3 hours ago, Kid Dracula said:

Wow! @bertsampson with an insane late score of 601,300!! But @Bearcat-Doug still in the lead by a mere 800 points with 602,100!! I love these contests!! One last try for a 550+...

This had to be as close as the Kung Fu contest. I had been playing all day and was able to push my score up to 609,100. I thought I might have been able to get it higher, but that's the best I had after about a dozen attempts.

1 minute ago, Kid Dracula said:

Whoa I think I misread that and Bert actually won by 200 points! 602,300 vs 602,100...the equivalent of two regular (not ladder glitch) barrel jumps. Well done guys that’s as close as it gets. 

I finished with 609,100 at the end, but that's still really close!

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Another shout for @Jeevan hanging with the big guns in a game that suits them well. Really cool to watch you go from sub 100k to crazy status this week

Thanks good sir, I am honestly astounded that I did this, I had a few extra days to play so it worked to my advantage.  Once again, i appreciate the level playing field 🤣  you and casual got me there tbh, you two are the real champs behind my score 😊

Edit:  shoutout to @ninjistar for keeping me into this as well with the banter and talk outside of here 🙂 

Edited by Jeevan

2 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Another shout for @Jeevan hanging with the big guns in a game that suits them well. Really cool to watch you go from sub 100k to crazy status this week

That's an improvement for sure. It's great to see a solid weeks worth of effort pay off!

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Thanks 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

That's an improvement for sure. It's great to see a solid weeks worth of effort pay off!

Thanks 🙂  I really think i could get better if i had some more time, but i got a few things going on outside of vgs and inside too 🤣

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You were heading towards breaking the 500k mark and probably would have with another day.

maybe, i tried to do the fireball on rivet once, but i didnt see the benefit cuz they were toooooooo finicky to get too much for how much i would lose on bonus time

Events Helper · Posted

always next year 😉 

Edit:  Thinking i will keep practicing this so i dont lose my ability to barrel jump and maybe figure out how to get slightly better ways to get fireballs so i can max that too 🤣

Edited by Jeevan

9 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

always next year 😉 

Edit:  Thinking i will keep practicing this so i dont lose my ability to barrel jump and maybe figure out how to get slightly better ways to get fireballs so i can max that too 🤣

It is possible to get rusty, but once you get the hang of it, you can pick it right back up without much trouble.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted

Another great week for the NES Weekly Contest, and @Bearcat-Doug managed to finish 1st with a final score posted with only a few seconds left on the clock! @bertsampson tried to upset him earlier today by posting a score of 602,300, which was just enough to top Doug's earlier score by 200 points.This has also stop @Kid Dracula winning streak to 3 consecutive wins, but the Drac Kid still resume on his stunning performance with a solid 3rd place and a score over the 500k mark!

Not too far away was @Jeevan who build up his score throughout the week and posted a terrific score of 459,200, with @0xDEAFC0DE following closely at 440,400. Let's also mention the honorable efforts of @TWarwick07 with 366,000 and @CasualCart who not only delighted us with 3 art posts in the thread, but also with a slick score of 337,000!

Thanks to everyone livening up the contest threads and see you all for the Puzznic week!

• Like 4