IGNORED

New Paper Mario!

Quest4Nes

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, cartman said:

I don't know man it looks like a game about nothing just like Odyssey we're just supposed to get mesmerized by the world and that's it.

It looks like a Paper Mario game what more do you want? This is Mario, not The Last of Us. Princess captured - save her - adventure ensues along the way. This has literally been the formula since the NES.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

It looks like a Paper Mario game what more do you want? This is Mario, not The Last of Us. Princess captured - save her - adventure ensues along the way. This has literally been the formula since the NES.

I've never played Paper Mario so i don't compare it to the other ones. Yes you save the princess in all games but those adventures were fun while Oddysey isn't. There's nothing engaging in that game just a bunch of shitty easter eggs and trinkets.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cartman said:

I don't know man it looks like a game about nothing just like Odyssey we're just supposed to get mesmerized by the world and that's it.

Given Odyssey is one of my favorite games of all time, I'm cool with that lol.  Have faith, Nintendo has been doing the Paper Mario thing for a while now.

• Like 1

"you don't see that every day"... No shit! Where's Metroid?!

The game overall looks not bad though... looks pretty straight forward from the trailer. Looks like it could possibly have worlds like the main series after seeing the warp pipes. Not exactly excited about the game but at least it's something that isn't on Wii U for once.

Edited by Andy_Bogomil

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

I'm cautiously optimistic. They released a very short battle system teaser which looks... interesting. At least there are no stickers or cards readily visible.

At first glance, I thought meh, but the more I think about it, the more interesting this is.  There will probably be some strategy with lining up similar enemies for an attack.  Obviously, you won't want a Goomba and Spiny in the same line.  However, lining up one group of enemies for an attack might make another group dissimilar, so it might make you think several steps ahead.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Boosted52405 said:

Nintendo has been doing the Paper Mario thing for a while now.

There been doing it poorly for awhile but. Paper Jam was bad and so was Color Splash. I wouldn't go into it expecting Mario RPG. It's probably going to be more like Super Paper Mario from the looks of it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

There been doing it poorly for awhile but. Paper Jam was bad and so was Color Splash. I wouldn't go into it expecting Mario RPG. It's probably going to be more like Super Paper Mario from the looks of it. 

I'm down for more Super Paper Mario, that game is terribly underrated. While I do like The Thousand Year Door much, much more (one of my top ten favorite games) Super Paper Mario was a worthy successor and very solid in gameplay. Also shout outs to Count Bleck for actually being a pretty great villain.

14 hours ago, cartman said:

14 hours ago, cartman said:

I've never played Paper Mario so i don't compare it to the other ones. Yes you save the princess in all games but those adventures were fun while Oddysey isn't. There's nothing engaging in that game just a bunch of shitty easter eggs and trinkets.

You're missing out. As I said above, The Thousand Year Door is one of my top favorite games, an exceptionally solid RPG with a very charming story and loads to do. Original Paper Mario is pretty solid too, for an N64 game and the first of it's series. Super Paper Mario is much more in your traditional vein of Mario platformers with unique gameplay twists and a top notch story/plot (it also *MINOR SPOILERS but it is in the first 20 minutes of the game and sets the story in motion lol* did the Bowser & Peach wedding a full decade before Odyssey, for whatever it's worth lol) @MashFan81 can back me up here lol

Anyway I'm stoked for the game, looks like a return to roots after whatever the hell the last 2 have been. Will be watching this with keen interest

Editorials Team · Posted

Loved the first Paper Mario, loved the GameCube one. Super Paper Mario was ok. I'll definitely wait for reviews before getting this origami one, but I'll definitely be following it. If it isn't enough of an RPG to have experience points again, then I'll fold.

HAHAHHAAHAHAHHAH

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Looks awesome. 

TTYD was excellent. SPM was very good, but had way too much dialog for me. Those are the only ones I’ve played. I like them a lot, and general consensus seems to be they’re among the best in the series. I have high hopes for this one, I think it looks good.

On 5/14/2020 at 10:19 PM, RegularGuyGamer said:

Agreed, comparing any Paper Mario game to Mario RPG will only result in a total letdown.

Mario RPG was my first foray into this series and I've had to temper my expectations ever since. That being said, there are still a lot of other great games in this series.

On 5/14/2020 at 4:12 PM, Deadeye said:

Looks like all of the world is 3D for this one though.  No 2D to 3D switching. 

That gimmick is completely exclusive to the "Super Paper Mario" spinoff, and not representative of the series. 🙂 

That said, while everyone else is still crossing their fingers for a new TTYD, I really wouldn't mind another Super Paper Mario. This trailer had me fascinated, and definitely seems to reproduce the addicting mood of the better Paper Mario games - but as I haven't played the last two games that everyone hates, I really have no clue what to look out for in this one, as an indicator that it's just gonna be another one of those.

Either way, it looks like a lot of effort has been put into this game, and it's out in only a couple of months? That is pretty impressive. I wonder what else Nintendo have up their sleeve.

Edited by Sumez