IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 189/303

Splain

3 hours ago, Nugfish said:

So, I noticed @LeatherRebel5150 and @ZeldaFan042 beat Bass Hunter 64 the last couple years. Any tips on getting fish to bite in the later tournaments? I don't recall struggling near this much in the past, but it is working me this time around.

If I remember right, I would just change lures until they chased it and stuck with that one for that lake. Then it was more a matter of actually finding fish

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been back in an N64 mood lately, so I think I'm gonna give Duke Nuke: Zero Hour a go.  I played it a ton back in the day, but it's been a decade+ since for whatever reason.

EDIT:  And done.  I played through it on the Project 64 emulator, and being able to use 2 analog sticks made it, presumably, a much better experience than with the N64 controller.  Solid game, worth checking out if you're a fan of the franchise I think.

01929F85-7D8F-4911-84AF-F21D4386E058.jpeg

Edited by Redmond
Added pic
  • Like 6

On 4/28/2022 at 7:43 PM, Redmond said:

Been back in an N64 mood lately, so I think I'm gonna give Duke Nuke: Zero Hour a go.  I played it a ton back in the day, but it's been a decade+ since for whatever reason.

EDIT:  And done.  I played through it on the Project 64 emulator, and being able to use 2 analog sticks made it, presumably, a much better experience than with the N64 controller.  Solid game, worth checking out if you're a fan of the franchise I think.

01929F85-7D8F-4911-84AF-F21D4386E058.jpeg

Nice! What's the next one on the list?

On 5/1/2022 at 8:01 PM, Nugfish said:

Nice! What's the next one on the list?

Settled on Hybrid Heaven.  Another one from the decade+ backlog ( I had it as a kid and actually got to the final boss but never finished it, it wasn't because the boss was difficult either so I'm not sure why I quit ).

• Like 2

Hybrid Heaven is finished.  I didn't feel like sitting through the ending again so I just got a pic from near the start of the ending ( spoilers I guess ).  I knew this one started slow, but I thought it would start to pick up at some point and that just never really happened.  The combat system is kind of interesting, but there's little actual strategy/challenge ( can't say being able to powerbomb robots and weird pigman creatures wasn't entertaining though ). 

hybridheaven.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Robotron down.  Normal difficulty.  Had a failed run where I got to level 180-something, feels bad, and I forgot about the ability to fire 2 directions simultaneously since I was using the 2nd analog stick initially.  Wish it had some more bosses ( there's only 1 and then a reskin ) and a bit more variety, but still not bad.

robotron64.jpg

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Redmond said:

Robotron down.  Normal difficulty.  Had a failed run where I got to level 180-something, feels bad, and I forgot about the ability to fire 2 directions simultaneously since I was using the 2nd analog stick initially.  Wish it had some more bosses ( there's only 1 and then a reskin ) and a bit more variety, but still not bad.

robotron64.jpg

I agree. I like the game, but serious monotony...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Welp, that was Rakuga Kids.  Not sure if the emulator was being weird or something, but it felt a bit sluggish.  The music was playing fine though so I'm inclined to believe that's just how it is.  I was expecting maybe something like Power Stone or Smash Bros. gameplay-wise ( something maybe more gimmicky / projectile-based, idk ), but outside of the very nice graphics/animation it's a pretty simple/standard fighting game.

EDIT:  As a bit of an aside, I'd probably advocate for adding Bangaioh and Sin & Punishment to the list.

rakugakids1.png

Edited by Redmond
  • Like 4

Events Helper · Posted
3 hours ago, Redmond said:

Welp, that was Rakuga Kids.  Not sure if the emulator was being weird or something, but it felt a bit sluggish.  The music was playing fine though so I'm inclined to believe that's just how it is.  I was expecting maybe something like Power Stone or Smash Bros. gameplay-wise ( something maybe more gimmicky / projectile-based, idk ), but outside of the very nice graphics/animation it's a pretty simple/standard fighting game.

EDIT:  As a bit of an aside, I'd probably advocate for adding Bangaioh and Sin & Punishment to the list.

rakugakids1.png

let's see if we can get through this list first.  I swear I haven't forgotten about you boys!  Just been super busy.  Let's push for 200 by the end of June!  I'll start this week/weekend knocking a few out!  it's time to get serious!!!!!!

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

Yeah, it would be neat to add some Japanese games to the list, we could get @Red to come beat Ucchannanchan no Hono no Challenger: Denryū Iraira Bo for us. 😆 Rakuga Kids is on the list because it had a PAL release.

I'm almost done with Polaris SnoCross, gotta get back to it!

• Haha 1

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 133/303
  • The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 136/303
On 5/12/2022 at 1:27 AM, Splain said:

Yeah, it would be neat to add some Japanese games to the list, we could get @Red to come beat Ucchannanchan no Hono no Challenger: Denryū Iraira Bo for us. 😆 Rakuga Kids is on the list because it had a PAL release.

I'm almost done with Polaris SnoCross, gotta get back to it!

If you're adding Japanese games for this year, it's already done!  Didn't you keep track of Japanese games in the past?  I remember posting Japanese completions in one of the previous Nintendo 64 threads.

Edited by Red
  • Like 1

Snowboard Kids 2 is done.  All boards/characters unlocked.  The bosses on Expert mode are some real SOBs.  I'm not sure if the last boss is even beatable without cheesing him by using the "Ninja" board ( a board that gives you invisibility the entire race ).   Great game, it's too bad this series didn't continue ( well, I guess it did kinda with the DS game, but looking at footage of that it's one of those "look how they massacred my boy" type things lol ).

snowboardkids2.png

• Like 5