Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 189/303

Splain

Events Team · Posted
6 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

@ZeldaFreak  

These are games, at a glance that no one will probably touch 😆

all star tennis 99
bottom of the 9th
beetle adventure racing <--don't think anyone is doing that one, someone will eventually, but should be quick i would think
buck bumble <--really good game
centre court tennis(pal)
cyber tiger?
excitebike 64
f-1 world grand prix
f-1 world grand prix 2(pal)
f1 pole position 64
f1 racing championship (pal)
GT64:  Championship edition........see a theme here?  😆
Indy Racing 2000
Ken Griffey Jr's slugfest
Madden 64
Madden 2000
Madden 2001
Madden 2002
Major League Baseball starring ken griffey jr
Mike Piazza's Strike Zone
Monaco Grand Prix
Nagano Winter Olympics 98

That is 22 of the best games on the N64 😏.

We'll I'll definitely at least get the racing games out of the way, I enjoy most all of those that I've played (I remember really enjoying Beetle Adventure Racing when I played it)

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, ZeldaFreak said:

We'll I'll definitely at least get the racing games out of the way, I enjoy most all of those that I've played (I remember really enjoying Beetle Adventure Racing when I played it)

ya, we don't have too many folks who enjoy racers 😆

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
14 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

OK, well that's a relief that it's a decent port at least. Wouldn't want my first real exposure to an RTS game to be a really shitty port of an otherwise good game, haha.

The N64 was surprisingly good for a couple ports, top of mind being Starcraft and Doom. 

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

The N64 was surprisingly good for a couple ports, top of mind being Starcraft and Doom. 

Well DOOM 64 was an original game, not a port, right? Or was there a port of the original on N64 I didn't know about? Still though, point taken, since 64 is a pretty solid game from what I've heard.

...Actually, speaking of, has DOOM 64 been beaten? Been looking for an excuse to play that one, haha.

32 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

@ZeldaFreak  

These are games, at a glance that no one will probably touch 😆

all star tennis 99
bottom of the 9th
beetle adventure racing <--don't think anyone is doing that one, someone will eventually, but should be quick i would think
buck bumble <--really good game
centre court tennis(pal)
cyber tiger?
excitebike 64
f-1 world grand prix
f-1 world grand prix 2(pal)
f1 pole position 64
f1 racing championship (pal)
GT64:  Championship edition........see a theme here?  😆
Indy Racing 2000
Ken Griffey Jr's slugfest
Madden 64
Madden 2000
Madden 2001
Madden 2002
Major League Baseball starring ken griffey jr
Mike Piazza's Strike Zone
Monaco Grand Prix
Nagano Winter Olympics 98

That is 22 of the best games on the N64 😏.

You have to beat Ms PacMan twice to actually 'beat it' which I find demoralizing. That would be a good one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Well DOOM 64 was an original game, not a port, right? Or was there a port of the original on N64 I didn't know about? Still though, point taken, since 64 is a pretty solid game from what I've heard.

...Actually, speaking of, has DOOM 64 been beaten? Been looking for an excuse to play that one, haha.

starcraft quitter beat it 😉  @Brickman

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I mean, yeah it's more an original game, you right. Still... It holds up well! 

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
Just now, Jeevan said:

there's always next year!

If we can beat all the N64 games this year I'll consider it mission accomplished, haha. Wouldn't really wanna go through all of that, just to turn around and do it all again next year. Maybe I'll move on to the beat NES or SNES games threads next. Or maybe Gameboy actually, if that one's still a thing.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, ZeldaFreak said:

If we can beat all the N64 games this year I'll consider it mission accomplished, haha. Wouldn't really wanna go through all of that, just to turn around and do it all again next year. Maybe I'll move on to the beat NES or SNES games threads next. Or maybe Gameboy actually, if that one's still a thing.

if we are able to do it this year, we should all help out @Reed Rothchild on his thread so he can just start it over again 😆

I almost finished the first chapter of Starcraft 64 at the end of last year but it's just so long and as Reed said, includes Brood Wars.

It's actually a really good port imo but a lot harder to get commands happening compared to mouse and keyboard. That's probably the hardest part, when you want to rush an enemy it's so much harder.

Splain said he would be happy if we split the game up so individuals can complete a chapter each or someone completes the main game and someone else does the expansion stuff. You can jump into any chapter (although obviously for story consistence it is better to play them in order).

@ZeldaFreak if you finish that beast of a game then I will definitely tip my hat to you.

I think if we can knock off starcraft, tactics ogre and that other RPG (forgot the name) then that would be some really long games taken down and we would definitely stand a good chance in finishing all the games this year.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, Brickman said:

I think if we can knock off starcraft, tactics ogre and that other RPG (forgot the name) then that would be some really long games taken down and we would definitely stand a good chance in finishing all the games this year.

Aidyn Chronicles (which is actually really good!).

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
5 minutes ago, Brickman said:

I almost finished the first chapter of Starcraft 64 at the end of last year but it's just so long and as Reed said, includes Brood Wars.

It's actually a really good port imo but a lot harder to get commands happening compared to mouse and keyboard. That's probably the hardest part, when you want to rush an enemy it's so much harder.

Splain said he would be happy if we split the game up so individuals can complete a chapter each or someone completes the main game and someone else does the expansion stuff. You can jump into any chapter (although obviously for story consistence it is better to play them in order).

@ZeldaFreak if you finish that beast of a game then I will definitely tip my hat to you.

aidyn chronicles?  @Splain is working on that i think.

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
14 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Nah that won't be necessary, I'll take care of it.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

if we are able to do it this year, we should all help out @Reed Rothchild on his thread so he can just start it over again 😆

Nope.  Someone beats Cap Ripken, SeaQuest, Dungeon Master, Championship Pool and company = permanent retirement

• Wow! 1

28 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

oh, and @Brickman im supposed to be playing that god awful ogre game, which i have only played once, but will get back on it in june i swear!  smt v is really taking up the majority of my gaming right now 😆

I approve of this distraction. I'm about halfway through SMTV right now and love it.

• Like 1