IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 189/303

Splain

I’m making progress in Rogue Squadron but damn it’s brutal with no check points if you screw up a part of a mission.

Is there some tricks to shooting tie fighters, because sometimes I’m dead on and it seems to miss them still. I did notice if I shoot a little in front of them that can help.

Also still need to finish off Grunty in Banjo 1, just haven’t had the patience for that stupid fight lately.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
22 minutes ago, Brickman said:

I’m making progress in Rogue Squadron but damn it’s brutal with no check points if you screw up a part of a mission.

Is there some tricks to shooting tie fighters, because sometimes I’m dead on and it seems to miss them still. I did notice if I shoot a little in front of them that can help.

Also still need to finish off Grunty in Banjo 1, just haven’t had the patience for that stupid fight lately.

In your local language just for you 😏.

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 120/303
Events Helper · Posted
50 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

I finally got my gameroom back @Jeevan. After skimming through the claimed list...Unless somebody is already working on them, I will gladly start with Ready 2 Rumble Round 2 and soft claim Command & Conquer.

scooby doo too if u wish because @KokiriChild is on to pokemon stadium 2 i think 😉

scooby won't take too long, but anyway, welcome back

1 minute ago, Jeevan said:

scooby doo too if u wish because @KokiriChild is on to pokemon stadium 2 i think 😉

scooby won't take too long, but anyway, welcome back

Salute to @KokiriChild for doing pokemon stadium 2! Thanks for the heads up on that. If he doesn't tackle Scooby Doo in the upcoming weeks, I would love to go back through it with the kids.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

that is a fun one, but better with 4 people lol

My wife and I beat it five times (N64 x 2 on Normal/Expert, PlayStation, Dreamcast x 2 on Medium/Very Hard) and had a blast! Four players might be even better. Gauntlet: Dark Legacy was also fun; we beat that one twice, on Easy and Hard.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, bronzeshield said:

My wife and I beat it five times (N64 x 2 on Normal/Expert, PlayStation, Dreamcast x 2 on Medium/Very Hard) and had a blast! Four players might be even better. Gauntlet: Dark Legacy was also fun; we beat that one twice, on Easy and Hard.

My buddy and his wife used to play it with me every thanksgiving 🙂  It was a good time, we used to farm bosses so we could get $$ to level up our guys quicker.

3 hours ago, themisfit138 said:

I am working on Gauntlet Legends. 

Gauntlet is so fun, no matter where you play it!  Definitely a good game night game.

Working through Rush 2049 right now.  I have finished the beginner circuit and on intermediate.  Buying a hyperkin controller has helped so much, I dont know how I played so long on a bum joystick haha!  The car responds so much better now.

Edited by Matchbook
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, KokiriChild said:

This game is SO FRUSTRATING! I was on the final round of Challenge Cup Master Ball and got the last Pokemon to literally 1 HP, and then lost and now need to do the whole cup all over again. And there's so many cups to go 😭

Honestly am loving it, though. Love these older Pokemon games.

Hoo boy, ya! Those games are notoriously unfair and unforgiving. As soon as you get confused or paralyzed, or the opponent starts double-teaming up, it's basically over, and even if you manage to get a leg up, you are GUARANTEED to be crit'd like bitch or just straight up frozen out of no where, lol!

Still great games tho, but incredibly challenging. I really wish there was a way to customize the rental Pokémon builds and move-sets, that would really open the games up a whole lot more. I know you are supposed to train them on the GameBoy, but nobody got time for that shit. Some of the rental Pokémon are pretty fun to use, and it is always a great time finding random teams that work well together. But they ALWAYS have at least one move on them that has basically zero tactical advantage or is just outright bad and just wastes a slot.

Even having just a limited list of moves to choose between for the rental Pokémon, or like a couple different set-ups for each one would make the games SO much more fun IMO. As it is, I usually can only stand playing them for a week or two, which is fun, but making very little actual progress on anything, and then putting the game away again for another 6 months to prevent myself just going insane.

So, um yeah GL dude! 😅

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, PuppyWaffles said:

Did you have any trouble with Hot Wheels? I remember one of the tracks being awful for some reason

Yes. So the first thing I did was shamelessly crank the difficulty all the way down. There are 3 "cups" to finish, and every race is 6 laps for some terrible reason. The first cup is like 6 different tracks, and they're wacky, and that's 36 total laps, but it's not all that hard. Then the next cup is 2 races, I think, and the tracks are crazy but it's still doable. Placing first there will unlock 2 cars called Twinmill and Twinmill II, and a cup called Twinmill Challenge. It's just you against 2 CPUs, those Twinmill cars. You can choose to be one of those cars yourself, so at least your stats can match. And it's one of the tracks from the previous cup. You just have to race really tightly, earning boosts and doing them the whole time, because the CPU racers are very good. Not perfect or anything, but landing a jump wrong or hitting a hazard can ruin everything. Your car gets annoyingly "floaty" if you hit a bank or obstacle weird, and you lose a lot of speed and time. And you have to stay right on top of it for 6 stupid laps. Thank goodness it's just that one track, but it took me a lot of tries to finally win.

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 122/303
8 hours ago, Splain said:

Yes. So the first thing I did was shamelessly crank the difficulty all the way down. There are 3 "cups" to finish, and every race is 6 laps for some terrible reason. The first cup is like 6 different tracks, and they're wacky, and that's 36 total laps, but it's not all that hard. Then the next cup is 2 races, I think, and the tracks are crazy but it's still doable. Placing first there will unlock 2 cars called Twinmill and Twinmill II, and a cup called Twinmill Challenge. It's just you against 2 CPUs, those Twinmill cars. You can choose to be one of those cars yourself, so at least your stats can match. And it's one of the tracks from the previous cup. You just have to race really tightly, earning boosts and doing them the whole time, because the CPU racers are very good. Not perfect or anything, but landing a jump wrong or hitting a hazard can ruin everything. Your car gets annoyingly "floaty" if you hit a bank or obstacle weird, and you lose a lot of speed and time. And you have to stay right on top of it for 6 stupid laps. Thank goodness it's just that one track, but it took me a lot of tries to finally win.

Ok, I'm not sure which game I'm thinking of now. Maybe SCARS. I've played too many racing games 🤪. Also I'm not doing the fishing games for at least another 3 years! 🤣

• Like 1