IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 189/303

Splain

13 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

Red Alert 2 was perfect IMO

Red Alert 2 probably was the best Command and Conquer game, looking back on things. My personal favourite though was Tiberian Sun, I just love the look and atmosphere of that game, and the really interesting variety of unit designs etc.

I'd actually say Tiberian Sun feels more like the true final installment in the original C&C series than Tiberian Wars. Sun has a FAR more desperate, desolate feel like the world is fully succumbing to Tiberian infestation, with all the mutants and abominations and abandoned cities and stuff.

The world seems in far better shape in Wars, even though it's supposed to be further along the timeline, and the units are way less futuristic and advanced than in Sun too... Really does not add up at all to me, honestly.

• Agree 2

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Red Alert 2 probably was the best Command and Conquer game, looking back on things. My personal favourite though was Tiberian Sun, I just love the look and atmosphere of that game, and the really interesting variety of unit designs etc.

I'd actually say Tiberian Sun feels more like the true final installment in the original C&C series than Tiberian Wars. Sun has a FAR more desperate, desolate feel like the world is fully succumbing to Tiberian infestation, with all the mutants and abominations and abandoned cities and stuff.

The world seems in far better shape in Wars, even though it's supposed to be further along the timeline, and the units are way less futuristic and advanced than in Sun too... Really does not add up at all to me, honestly.

RA2 was the objectively best, but I always had a soft spot for Generals. Dunno why though tbh, been too long since I got a game going. 

4 minutes ago, OptOut said:

If there was ever a horror RTS game, Tiberian Sun would fit the bill. They did such a great job making a creepy atmosphere.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Gloves said:

RA2 was the objectively best, but I always had a soft spot for Generals. Dunno why though tbh, been too long since I got a game going. 

Generals was pretty good yeah, really changed up a lot of the gameplay systems and obviously was the first fully 3D C&C game!

Only thing I didn't like about Generals was that it didn't have quite as much character as either the Tiberian games or the Red Alert games, it was going for a more realistic tone, I guess?

Then again, not sure I remember playing through much of the campaign on that one, I think I mainly stuck to multiplayer on that one!

3 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

like, i remember playing comand and conquer, but haven't played since i was a kid, i really wanna play it, might be something i visit after thps1&2 on switch

My advice would be NOT to play it on the N64, honestly.

Despite the inferior control scheme compared to PC, the biggest downside is the lack of FMVs. Those FMV briefings and other animations between stages really made the game something special. The N64 version DEFINITELY looses a lot for the lack of those, unfortunately. 😕

Events Helper · Posted
11 minutes ago, OptOut said:

My advice would be NOT to play it on the N64, honestly.

Despite the inferior control scheme compared to PC, the biggest downside is the lack of FMVs. Those FMV briefings and other animations between stages really made the game something special. The N64 version DEFINITELY looses a lot for the lack of those, unfortunately. 😕

ya, i meant on the pc 😉😘

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
21 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Generals was pretty good yeah, really changed up a lot of the gameplay systems and obviously was the first fully 3D C&C game!

Only thing I didn't like about Generals was that it didn't have quite as much character as either the Tiberian games or the Red Alert games, it was going for a more realistic tone, I guess?

Then again, not sure I remember playing through much of the campaign on that one, I think I mainly stuck to multiplayer on that one!

Yeah it was mostly MP, my brother and I played it a lot. Probably part of it I imagine. The campaign was not memorable lol. 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

command and conquer on the pc is really the only way to play it honestly along with starcaraft 😉 

Agreed. Coincidentally, I am currently playing through Command and Conquer 3 on my 360. It's really no better to play than the N64 version, despite the massive leap in technology between the two systems. Playing RTS on a controller lacks the speed and precision necessary for the real-time management of so many different units simultaneously.

In order to really enjoy the experience on the console, honestly you just need to crank down the difficulty, because you can quickly get overwhelmed even in normal mode. I just wanna kinda relax and roll-over my enemies, crushing them under foot, but honestly the biggest enemy is the controller IMO😅

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Jeevan said:

like, i remember playing comand and conquer, but haven't played since i was a kid, i really wanna play it, might be something i visit after thps1&2 on switch

@Jeevan its starting to feel like it's time for me to do a playthrough.  Hello remastered!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1213210/Command__Conquer_Remastered_Collection/  This thing looks beautiful! 

They teased doing a Tiberian Sun and RA 2 remaster about a year ago on their facebook.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158462452633789&id=115736333788&_rdr

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Events Helper · Posted
3 minutes ago, Matchbook said:

@Jeevan its starting to feel like it's time for me to do a playthrough.  Hello remastered!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1213210/Command__Conquer_Remastered_Collection/  This thing looks beautiful! 

They teased doing a Tiberian Sun and RA 2 remaster about a year ago on their facebook.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158462452633789&id=115736333788&_rdr

if u wait, it might go on sale for like 75% off in the summer sale 😉  

7 hours ago, themisfit138 said:

Duke Nukem 64 complete! The final boss was easier than most of the levels. I just continued to move towards and away from him. Then hit him with rockets, and he barely hit me. 

435D5E92-BA38-4A83-8D92-1B524317603A.thumb.jpeg.e7ff63adf325718fdec7e916b327482f.jpeg

I have never given shooters other than 007/Perfectdark a shot. How was it?