IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 189/303

Splain

9 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

if I don't fall asleep tonight after dinner imma start a new game, maybe knock it out, then prolly get 1 or 2 tomorrow as well.  might get more than we think for January.  I was hoping for 25% but we passed that 😀

I’m working on Pokemon Stadium. I hope to finish it soon but with Legends Arceus releasing this friday I may take a bit longer to finish Stadium.

• Like 1

Just an update. I’m about two thirds done with Conker.

Man this game really has its ups and downs. There’s some great stuff then it crashes and burns with stupid shit like the night club section, money walls (thankfully had collected everything), clankers f’ing lair where I was lost for 40mins, lava racing with the stupid dinosaur always conveniently in the way and going back and forth through those fan blades of doom.

Probably should also be called Conkers bad string of tasks day because there’s barely any combat, just a string of tasks.

I just started the world after the dinosaur one. Should hopefully have it done soon.

• Like 2

Editorials Team · Posted

Well if nobody's gonna take Mario 64...

vxtYmUS.jpg

Then I'll try out my fancy Japanese re-release copy that added Rumble Pak support! I used my Rumble Pak that I got with Star Fox as a teenager. I could really FEEL Mario dropping the baby penguin off the ledge into oblivion. This version of the game also got rid of "So long Gay Bowser" and a couple of glitches, including the one where you can hop through the roof on the spiral staircase up to the 2nd floor of the castle, which is something I didn't know I had such a strong habit of doing. I had to remove the back of the cartridge so that it would fit in my North American N64, since the notches on the back are in different places. Sort of a hardware region-lock. I came embarrassingly close to taking the N64 apart before thinking of that.

HkW3w74.jpg

• Like 6

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 84/303
Events Helper · Posted
26 minutes ago, Splain said:

Well if nobody's gonna take Mario 64...

vxtYmUS.jpg

Then I'll try out my fancy Japanese re-release copy that added Rumble Pak support! I used my Rumble Pak that I got with Star Fox as a teenager. I could really FEEL Mario dropping the baby penguin off the ledge into oblivion. This version of the game also got rid of "So long Gay Bowser" and a couple of glitches, including the one where you can hop through the roof on the spiral staircase up to the 2nd floor of the castle, which is something I didn't know I had such a strong habit of doing. I had to remove the back of the cartridge so that it would fit in my North American N64, since the notches on the back are in different places. Sort of a hardware region-lock. I came embarrassingly close to taking the N64 apart before thinking of that.

HkW3w74.jpg

I got this and like 30 other japanese imports coming from Taiwan 😏

Editorials Team · Posted
21 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

I got this and like 30 other japanese imports coming from Taiwan 😏

Mario 64 is definitely a top 3 all-time Best Game Ever for me. I found out the rumble version existed a couple years ago and I wept tears of happiness that rumbled down my cheeks. I bought one off eBay and never fired it up till now.

• Like 1

Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey 98 is done. This one was frustrating at times. Had a few freezes at the ends of periods (not sure if that was from emulating or if the game itself had those issues). There were also times when the computer AI could do whatever it wanted. I lost game 3 in every series, usually by a significant margin, like in the Finals when I could only muster 5 shots on goal. Most other games I had few issues winning, so I still managed to go 16-4 in total.

Not a terrible game, but definitely flawed.

Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey '98 (USA)-220127-100757.png

Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey '98 (USA)-220127-142827.png

• Like 5

Events Helper · Posted
23 hours ago, themisfit138 said:

I actually like the acclaim wrestling games. They feel more like a normal fighting game of the time.
The story mode does get pretty frustrating though. 

you should do the rest of the acclaim ones then 😉

I can do another WCW one or 3 when I get time, unfortunately next week is a 60+ hour week for me so I will be lucky to finish 1 game that week.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Jeevan said:

you should do the rest of the acclaim ones then 😉

I can do another WCW one or 3 when I get time, unfortunately next week is a 60+ hour week for me so I will be lucky to finish 1 game that week.

I am close to beating Attitude. War Zone needs a 3 hour block of time. There is no save feature in the tournament mode. 

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
20 minutes ago, themisfit138 said:

I am close to beating Attitude. War Zone needs a 3 hour block of time. There is no save feature in the tournament mode. 

ya, i will knock out some more wcw for sure along with all the other stuff i can, but like i said, this week is gonna suck, so i dont know if it will be until next months numbers!