IGNORED

Wata NES pop report now available

inasuma

Administrator · Posted
32 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

This hobby has really turned me off.  Im glad I got my shit and left.

I understand this sentiment a bit - but I have to chime in, because the hobby (for me) is what I make of it.  And I'm generally not interested in graded games or expensive games or....etc.  There is still a place for people who don't care about all that.  There are still lots of people here at VGS, for example, who are just into general collecting, trading, playing games, sharing information and having fun.  

There have been all sorts of changes, shifts, new 'players' getting involved, etc. etc., but I refuse to let that dictate my enjoyment of video games.  I know that all the nonsense is getting exhausting, but I still believe there is a place for good people to have fun with what they love.  

The last couple years have actually been some of my favorite - I've met tons of new people, some of which I consider great friends now - have been enjoying the game nights here at VGS - and I've received some super awesome deals (and given some) in the process.  

I just felt this worth mentioning, because there are tons of ways to find enjoyment and positivity in this hobby, and I will not let that go.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, spacepup said:

I understand this sentiment a bit - but I have to chime in, because the hobby (for me) is what I make of it.  And I'm generally not interested in graded games or expensive games or....etc.  There is still a place for people who don't care about all that.  There are still lots of people here at VGS, for example, who are just into general collecting, trading, playing games, sharing information and having fun.  

There have been all sorts of changes, shifts, new 'players' getting involved, etc. etc., but I refuse to let that dictate my enjoyment of video games.  I know that all the nonsense is getting exhausting, but I still believe there is a place for good people to have fun with what they love.  

The last couple years have actually been some of my favorite - I've met tons of new people, some of which I consider great friends now - have been enjoying the game nights here at VGS - and I've received some super awesome deals (and given some) in the process.  

I just felt this worth mentioning, because there are tons of ways to find enjoyment and positivity in this hobby, and I will not let that go.

I’d go as far as to say that I think with all the controversies of the last 2 years, this has benefited VGS greatly. So many of the old and the new are coming together to put in their 2 cents on how they see the hobby. This keeps the site fresh with ongoing topics and debates.

I think this is really just the evolution of collecting, and I reckon it’d be a similar path for any sort of popular collectibles. Prices going crazy and people going bonkers though, shouldn’t detract from the fact that video games will forever remain awesome. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Pop reports tl;dr:

"Mine is shinier than the one the Jones' have down the street, mine is better! ✨"

-or-

"Oh fuck, mine is not shinier than the one the Jones' have down the street, therefore mine is not quite as adequate as the one they have"

Pretty idiotic human behavior but here we are in 2021 video game collecting

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 10:43 AM, Null said:

The VGA Loopz (NES) I was watching last night—$269 and one of the highest-grade copies in the world, but honestly crushed enough in the back that I always stayed away from it because I display my games rather than re-sell them—is now gone.

So is the sequel to Wizardry.

While we debate old feuds, all the rare NES games on the market are being bought in the most dramatic shift in this market in a while.

You want mine instead? Nicest copy in the world 😉944BB469-3DF1-4A7F-AD0B-E65302ABBA65.thumb.jpeg.11b689316f92509483b2cb88a159b1b6.jpeg

or my Wizardy ? This one aint as nice i know…684ECDA4-240D-411B-AE77-55C1482E4DC8.thumb.jpeg.a889ad65637aca7cca6160f2fb89b95a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

On 11/30/2021 at 5:17 PM, Null said:

I couldn’t figure out how to delete an Invision account, so I finally gave up and decided to just wish everyone well and go out the way I came.

All the best to everyone here both now and in the future,

Be well,

Seth

@this isn't an airport, no need to announce your departure 

1A53D064-6417-435F-A05E-AFBEFF9565CB.jpeg

that's fucking rich 🤣

ok I'm done. Good game 🤝, good game 🤝, good game 🤝

Edited by Link

5 hours ago, AnimalHouse said:

Okay, who is hoarding all the Terminator NES games?? In two years of searching on ebay, all I can find is one seller with a used Walmart copy trying to pass off as new. 

NES Pop report.jpg

I have the highest graded at 9.4 A+ on there.  On T2 I had to go with an SNES Judgment Day copy which is also 9.4 A+ and not easy to find.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jonebone said:

On NES T2, they're probably non H-Seam because they are Ljn.  On SNES T2 mine is a V-Seam as expected.

I've been trying to get the NES T2 for so long and they're impossible to find sealed and in good condition. And the few copies I saw graded (I think was 2 over the last 20 years) were third party seals, so wasn't sure if there was first party seals out there or not and I shied away from the raw copies that popped up here and there because none of them had the H seam. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Edited by Gulag Joe

I was checking Spy Hunter and of course the hangtab box is the premium but the Oval seal is rarer than the Circle seal . Only one graded . I went to ebay to see if its true and it is. Ebay is flooded with circle seals with just a few oval seal copies. 

Screenshot_20211202-084412_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d5d7387516941947e5d523c7306ad0ed.jpg

Edited by Mijael

3 minutes ago, Mijael said:

I was checking Spy Hunter and the Oval seal is rarer than the Circle seal . I went to ebay to see if its true and it is. Ebay is flooded with circle seals with just a few oval seal copies. 

Screenshot_20211202-084412_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d5d7387516941947e5d523c7306ad0ed.jpg

There are a couple titles like this. RC Pro-Am oval seal is a tough one to find too but the round seals are everywhere.

And though the pop report doesn't show it, I think there may be an oval seal Double Dribble out there. Maybe not, but for some reason I think I've seen one before, maybe on a cartridge, though I could be mistaken.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

There are a couple titles like this. RC Pro-Am oval seal is a tough one to find too but the round seals are everywhere.

And though the pop report doesn't show it, I think there may be an oval seal Double Dribble out there. Maybe not, but for some reason I think I've seen one before, maybe on a cartridge, though I could be mistaken.

Thats what i like of the pop report now i want to search for those rare oval seals 

25 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

Contra has an oval seal cart but no oval seal box.  I'm not familiar with DD enough but that could be the case there.

• Like 1