IGNORED

Wata NES pop report now available

inasuma

54 minutes ago, Null said:

I couldn’t figure out how to delete an Invision account, so I finally gave up and decided to just wish everyone well and go out the way I came.

All the best to everyone here both now and in the future,

Be well,

Seth

You shouldn't leave. I hope my comment didn't play a part in it.

I think there are a lot here that agree with some of the stuff you say and find it useful. Plus it's great seeing someone besides OptOut spar with GulagJoe, we need to keep him in check or next he'll be telling us Mario 64 is rarer than the Mona Lisa 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Administrator · Posted

Opposite opinions are always welcome, it's just personal attacks which are not. I'd encourage everyone to tone down the "you're an asshole" stuff, but by no means do we want to silence opposing or unpopular views.

Civil discourse is always good if we can all be adults about it, which is the key.

And yes, honestly - advertising a site which requires that users pay to read content on a site (this one) dedicated to freely sharing information on the hobby is a bit obtuse. I'd avoid it if you don't want people to make use of the Ignore feature on you.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ExplodedHamster said:

Well, so much for the rudabega or whatever theory. This stuff is rare as fuck compared to other collectibles.

I don't even have to look at the pop reports. That said, this stuff is common AF compared to many other games, the true rares.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Opposite opinions are always welcome, it's just personal attacks which are not. I'd encourage everyone to tone down the "you're an asshole" stuff, but by no means do we want to silence opposing or unpopular views.

Civil discourse is always good if we can all be adults about it, which is the key.

And yes, honestly - advertising a site which requires that users pay to read content on a site (this one) dedicated to freely sharing information on the hobby is a bit obtuse. I'd avoid it if you don't want people to make use of the Ignore feature on you.

You can ignore particular users?

Sounds to good to be true

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

If people are calling each other assholes or other bad names, I sure hope they're getting points on their profiles for it.

1. We are following our process for handling user related issues of this nature, everyone is treated as equally as we can reasonably manage
  2. Considering the special treatment you've gotten, I'd advise against questioning point #1
  3. Honestly man please just let us moderate, there's no need to dredge this stuff up like that

Seriously, there's been 335 posts in this thread in the last 24 hours, and the mods are volunteers. I seem to have to keep reminding people of that around here lately and it's getting a little annoying. Moderation especially with hot topics like this is not easy. We have to balance letting people from completely opposite sides of an argument speak their minds, and the idea of censoring (e.g. closing the thread cuz it's too heated). 

We have a vision for the site - one that is open for argument, but overall positive. Civil discourse is the name of the game. YES, when people start attacking each other we step in and start warning people to cool off. But if I wanted to be a prick about it I could probably ban a small handful of people right now just doing a search on the forum for a few swear words, and that's not the place we are either, we're adults and we can handle a swear here and there. 

When there are issues, I always ALWAYS request that people report it. But once it's a back and forth where both parties are kinda attacking each other it's like, usually you can just let em vent and it'll cool off anyway. There's some thick skin around here and we're mindful of that too; I don't wanna police people saying bad words on a site primarily visited by 30+ year olds, y'all can handle a little curse here and there.

And so you can hopefully see where the balance is fuckin hard bro. I'm still reading the thread cuz hey guess what I have a day job. And so do the mods.

Anyway, I'm rambling now. It just boils me up a little bit when I see posts like yours here @fcgamer, especially coming off of YES - handling it. Honestly, just a little respect, please. All I ask.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 4
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Gulag Joe said:

There's also some slight box crush action going on. It is impressive though that there are only 6 games in that box (allegedly). That's not that many!

It’s one of the rarest black box games sealed. Maybe THE rarest. I also wouldn’t call that box crushing. That’s pretty standard for a case pack. They’re designed to take a little damage. I’m sure they contents are oh so minty, per Wata of course. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Events Team · Posted
2 hours ago, fcgamer said:

If people are calling each other assholes or other bad names, I sure hope they're getting points on their profiles for it.

We get points?!  Fuckin assholes gimme some points!  Was wondering why @OptOut was always on top of the leaderboard.  That sonovabitch! 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Null said:

I couldn’t figure out how to delete an Invision account, so I finally gave up and decided to just wish everyone well and go out the way I came.

All the best to everyone here both now and in the future,

Be well,

Seth

Seth - come back. VGS needs you. WWJR needs you...

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Null said:

GPX, I haven't seen even one of the market manipulators do anything to further discussion. Look at Gulag Joe's last few posts. Isn't this sort of gaslighting someone who's trying to engage while letting bad actors go unremarked upon? I think so.

Anyway, good luck with... {waves hands}... whatever this thread is supposed to be now.

I understand the term gaslighting very well and I don’t take it lightly. I can assure you whatever post I’ve made directed towards you is nothing to do with gaslighting. I don’t really have any ties with anyone here, so I don’t take much notice of who says what to who.

Hope you can still stick around. Otherwise, all the best in the future!

2 hours ago, Shmup said:

You shouldn't leave. I hope my comment didn't play a part in it.

I think there are a lot here that agree with some of the stuff you say and find it useful. Plus it's great seeing someone besides OptOut spar with GulagJoe, we need to keep him in check or next he'll be telling us Mario 64 is rarer than the Mona Lisa 😆

Look, da Vinci probably did like a dozen sketches for the Mona Lisa, okay? And they're all basically the same! But there are only like two 9.8 SM64s. FACTS.

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 2