IGNORED

Wata NES pop report now available

inasuma

25 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Shit boys, this thread, my GOD!!!

It was chugging along pretty nicely before I went to bed, lol!

Anyway, I want the N64 pops, where's them Mario 64's??? I can not WAIT to see how many of those they've done!!! 😆

I have seven cases in my attic just collecting dust. I’d go up there to get them but a tree fell on my house and it’s blocking the entry. Swear

I've noticed a few things:

• They don't differentiate between variants of Athletic World (unless they just don't list what they haven't graded)
  • They don't differentiate between variants of Batman: Return Of The Joker
  • There's a no REV-A Karate Kid? Could this be the holy grail missing 5 screw Karate Kid cartridge?

I'm really enjoying reading through the variants.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AdamW said:

@Code Monkeyi think they just don't include variants with a 0 count. There are no sealed white bullets punch outs either...

I saw that. Coincidentally today I got reminded of a video I saw on Facebook of a guy that had a sealed White Bullets. That guy that found a box full of first prints all sealed.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 11:29 PM, Gulag Joe said:

No it won't. There are 5 active video game grading companies in existence the US right now with even more to come and all of them are backlogged. The hobby is exploding and will continue to grow.

Much better. Worldwide there are others.

NA: VGA, Wata, IGS, P1 and VGG. Under construction in US: CGC Video Games

EU: UKG (UK) and RGS (Germany). There could be more but these are all I know.

SA: ??? (unsure if there is one)

AS: ??? (unsure if there are any)

Edited by AnimalHouse
NA is North America, not NintendoAge.

Could already see the effects of the pop report in the weekly auction. A random pop 3 basketball game went for probably 3-4X what it would have before. Joker went down, albeit far less dramatically and possibly within the normal standard deviation.

Edited by ExplodedHamster
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just finished watching the video. Absolutely fantastic work @karljobst once again.

Honestly, if people are still defending WATA, HA, Deniz & Jim after this then you really must have rocks in your brain or are so involved with making money over doing the right thing that you don't give a shit about anyone else but your own financial gain. I look forward to seeing how the WATA supporters try and spin this video as being wrong 😆 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, inasuma said:

Should we use the heritage thread for the new jobst video again? 🤔 

I think this thread should remain focussed on the pop reports, honestly. There will continue to be an ongoing discussion of these as they are updated and other systems drop, which is actually going to be the entire basis for the conversation of the sealed/graded market moving forward.

I really want the pop reports to get as MUCH exposure and detailed examination and analysis as possible, without all the constant derailments.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gloves said:
  1. We are following our process for handling user related issues of this nature, everyone is treated as equally as we can reasonably manage
  2. Considering the special treatment you've gotten, I'd advise against questioning point #1
  3. Honestly man please just let us moderate, there's no need to dredge this stuff up like that

Seriously, there's been 335 posts in this thread in the last 24 hours, and the mods are volunteers. I seem to have to keep reminding people of that around here lately and it's getting a little annoying. Moderation especially with hot topics like this is not easy. We have to balance letting people from completely opposite sides of an argument speak their minds, and the idea of censoring (e.g. closing the thread cuz it's too heated). 

We have a vision for the site - one that is open for argument, but overall positive. Civil discourse is the name of the game. YES, when people start attacking each other we step in and start warning people to cool off. But if I wanted to be a prick about it I could probably ban a small handful of people right now just doing a search on the forum for a few swear words, and that's not the place we are either, we're adults and we can handle a swear here and there. 

When there are issues, I always ALWAYS request that people report it. But once it's a back and forth where both parties are kinda attacking each other it's like, usually you can just let em vent and it'll cool off anyway. There's some thick skin around here and we're mindful of that too; I don't wanna police people saying bad words on a site primarily visited by 30+ year olds, y'all can handle a little curse here and there.

And so you can hopefully see where the balance is fuckin hard bro. I'm still reading the thread cuz hey guess what I have a day job. And so do the mods.

Anyway, I'm rambling now. It just boils me up a little bit when I see posts like yours here @fcgamer, especially coming off of YES - handling it. Honestly, just a little respect, please. All I ask.

Actually I agree with most of what you wrote above, and I'm sorry for making you boil up. Similarly, I agree with the second round of points that I received, as I was out of line there.

With the initial point though, IIRC I called someone a name in the political thread - considering people were accusing me of being racist and other nasty stuff, as well as belittling the experiences I had been discriminated against, I still feel that point was a bit unjust. Now, I've said my piece, I'll leave it at that.