IGNORED

What is your current goal or focus?

Strange

Still whittling away at the NTSC NES CIB set. I decided to lower my standards just a tad and I now count games that don't have their poster as complete. I'll circle back around to the extras some day.

With my new criteria I'm down to my last 25 or so items which includes mostly CIB games and some manuals/carts. I hope to finish sometime this year.

11 hours ago, doner24 said:

Currently trying to wrap up a Gamecube set. Need about 80 more. Also trying to get the posters for my SNES set that I don’t have and finish up the Million Seller CIB subset. 

How are you keeping track of the games you need?

I was after the standard release Gameboy pockets for the last year and after recently completing them I just don't have the desire to go for the limited edition colors. Maybe eventually but not now. I'm at a crossroads bc I've stalled on both 3ds and switch as well. I considered going for some of my Gameboy favorites CIB but Gameboy is so hot right now. 

Instead, I've been going for Dragon Ball Z animation cels.. I have 2 more of Frieza on the way. I want a nice Goku and Vegeta to round out the set, but of course the the most pricy. Maybe a Cell saga Gohan and Android 17.

I'm holding out on getting proper frames until I get a couple more characters. 

IMG_20200405_170131.jpg

IMG_20200405_170142.jpg

IMG_20200405_170151.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

My current collection goal is to bring that my collection to the essentials.

In the last years I sold all my collection except was related to NES, SNES, GENESIS, Turbografx, GB, GBC, GBA ... damn !! I'm have vivid Vietgam memories here !! I just decided to keep my focus on my first loves the 8 and 16 bits and even those collections got trimmed down of hundred of games. Then, I started to do list of what I want on each of these systems and I try hard to shorten those lists from time to time. The most definitive list I have is the NES one and as I'm into the homebrews, the focus of my purchase is mainly on that console because that list is growing up out of homebrews and I would like one day to be up to date and only have to ''worry'' on the new games coming up. Also, I started 2 years ago to buy some retrogamecases.com for my NES and SNES essentials. The look is neat of the shelves and want more of those too.

NES wishlist countdown: OFFICIAL US: 28 FAMICOM: 11 REPRO: 25 HOMEBREWS: 30

Still going for that NES full cart set, it's a goal I've kinda set for myself since the late 90s.  I've gone for it, gave up on it, and gone for it again...I got kind of lazy with the final few as they are nearly impossible to find but a year or so ago I actually landed a Hot Slots cart and it reignited the flame to forge on and finish, eventually...

Bubble Bath Babes

Cheetahmen II

Myriad 6-in-1

Peek-a-Boo Poker (I have a promising lead on this actually)

Stadium Events

Missing those carts only...I have about 500+ boxed NES games and I would gladly sacrifice a sizable chunk of cardboard to someone who's looking to maybe trade away that terrible turd of an unlicensed game for some quality licensed cardboard?  I know that's a long shot but I'm dead serious, and I have some juicy cardboard for the cib collectors out there.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, drxandy said:

I saw that best buy has the gray and coral lites in stock, but no regular 😕 good luck on your hunt if I see anything anytime soon I won't forget you

Thanks, heh. I don’t think its happening soon but if you see something...
Lites were in stock when I went to Target a month ago but I want a full one. And the Lite colors are ugly! 😄 I am kicking myself for not getting one sooner, oh well.

Some people think a Pro is in the works. I don’t, but whenever they get production going again, I’ll take it.

Edited by Link
  • Like 1

Over many years I've narrowed my focus - I keep all NES games. I'm not looking for a full set but if I accidentally get most of the way there I'll finish it. I'm only at 214 on that. 

SNES I would keep *most* of. While I have no nostalgia for the games (skipped nes to ps1) I very much enjoy the 16 bit asthetic. I honestly don't have time for retro rpg, and sports games are a pass but I like cheesy licensed games and bad platformers. 

N64 done - don't even want half of what I've got. GameCube wii wiiu done done done. Genesis done. Not chasing anything except snes and nes actively. All can wait for yardsale magic.