IGNORED

What is your current goal or focus?

Strange

At this rate I've been scatter shot with a few scraps I'd like to get, but also something else tickled my interest lately.

I recently found an old big box PC game for $5 locally I had when I was a teen which was STTNG A Final Unity.  it got me wanting a few other items back so I've been poking about for a few other old early 90s PC games I adored and actually (more or less) paid for since piracy was big in those days. 😉  I grabbed back Star Trek 25th Anniversary though I went for the CD release for both stability of the media and the original cast voices too.  I also have CIB Simspons Arcade Game (my first full pc game purchase) and CIB Dark Forces on the way too.  A month back I snapped up Sim City 2000, a singular specific CD release I can get to work in 64bit windows, and months before that through the Maxis Collection 3 bundle Sim City Classic which too works in 64bit windows (the only one AND it's hidden in an invisible directory on the CD for some deranged reason.)  -- I do intend to hunt down CIBs for Sam & Max Hit the Road talkie cd, ST Judgment Rites on CD too, Hi-Octane CD as well at the least.

Beyond that I still have a Virtual Boy focus, I need to get Space Squash, would like my missing manuals, maybe boxes too (ugh jack bros on both.)  Neo Geo I need that 138in1 cart and a few other specific titles I'd like, a couple specific N64 games at the least, Pokemon Mini and Tiger R-Zone carts,  and Kid Dracula famicom too.  And I won't pass up a solid deal on DS games or GB family either still.  That's basically my loose goal for stuff of a previous era I'd go for.

I’m fixing my spreadsheets are realizing how many “wrong” variants I have like Accolade Genesis releases of games I’d prefer the Ballistic one of, or just games I bought 15 years ago that are totally wrecked and need upgrades. Buying lots of games I already technically own, super duper fun!

2 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

I’m fixing my spreadsheets are realizing how many “wrong” variants I have like Accolade Genesis releases of games I’d prefer the Ballistic one of, or just games I bought 15 years ago that are totally wrecked and need upgrades. Buying lots of games I already technically own, super duper fun!

Yeah, my condition standards in the early 2000's were nowhere NEAR the level they are at today.  I hate having to buy titles I already own because a younger version of me didn't care that there was a giant crease on the side of box...

On 6/11/2020 at 8:37 AM, Galdius said:

My focus right now is on 3DS games. I'm almost at 200 games and I want to go for the full set.
Hopefully I can find the rare ones soon. It's helping that 3DS prices in Brazil are really good. I managed to find for cheap some games that are already expensive on ebay.

Prices on any video games in Brazil are good? Can you send some of those games up here, we're on fire.

38 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Prices on any video games in Brazil are good? Can you send some of those games up here, we're on fire.

They're good because our currency lost a lot of value to the dollar. 
But also there are some games that maybe the sellers don't know their value/didn't check ebay.
For example, I managed to get Crash City Mayhem sealed for around US$10. When I checked on ebay, I think there was only one complete copy and the seller was asking US$150.

Edited by Galdius

On 6/11/2020 at 6:32 AM, Dr. Morbis said:

Yeah, my condition standards in the early 2000's were nowhere NEAR the level they are at today.  I hate having to buy titles I already own because a younger version of me didn't care that there was a giant crease on the side of box...

Same. While condition always mattered to me, I was satisfied with placeholders for some games/variants until finishing the set, and never actively pursued upgrading -- only reactive to good deals I'd stumble across etc. Especially with the growing price disparity based on condition, I have been proactively upgrading lots of NES titles since mid-last year, and also growing my sealed collection where possible -- but clearly not the only one!

For me: Getting all North American launch titles for NES, Game Boy, Nintendo 64 and Game Boy Advance (the systems I own). I'm missing Clu Clu Land, Ice Climber, Stack-Up, Tennis, Wild Gunman, Wrecking Crew, Alleyway, Baseball, Super Mario Land, Tennis, Pilotwings 64, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Advance, F-Zero: Maximum Velocity, Army Men Advance, High Heat Baseball 2002, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Dodge Ball Advance, Fire Pro Wrestling, Top Gear GT Championship, Tweety and the Magic Jewel, Fortress, Iridion 3D, Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2, ChuChu Rocket! and Rayman. I already have all 5 Super NES launch titles.