Nintendo Power Advert: PMG-US

Smooth Black Dust Cover

Hide contents

IMG_5014

IMG_5015

IMG_5016

IMG_5020

IMG_5021

You know what's funny?  I just bought a really nice sealed Joust off eBay for I think $250 as an upgrade to my CIB (and for the list), and it's due in this coming week... I guess I'll be finding out if my copy has the correction sheet as well.  I'll update the list as soon as my Joust has arrived, just in case the contents are different...

8 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

Ninja Gaiden doesn’t have one if I recall. There is a few of them with corrections or game specific warning notice. Double Dragon, Joust, Battletoads, Zelda and Rad Racer come to mind. I would have to check. 

You’re right! My mistake.

Memory is starting to fail me and I’m only 32. Good thing this stuff is being written down! 😉

• Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 10:28 PM, Mr. CIB said:

Ninja Gaiden doesn’t have one if I recall. There is a few of them with corrections or game specific warning notice. Double Dragon, Joust, Battletoads, Zelda and Rad Racer come to mind. I would have to check. 

If anyone has an extra zelda correction let me know please, it’s the only one I have left to get.

52 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

My sealed Joust came in and it did not have the manual correction sheet, so both Jousts will be listed in the next update, which has already been submitted to gamefaqs and is just awaiting their approval.  I'll update here once it's posted...

Nice! Was yours circle or oval seal? What was the 5 digit code on yours?

1 hour ago, Dr. Morbis said:

My sealed Joust came in and it did not have the manual correction sheet, so both Jousts will be listed in the next update, which has already been submitted to gamefaqs and is just awaiting their approval.  I'll update here once it's posted...

Maybe it doesn't have the correction sheet because the manual was updated...

2 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Can you post the date codes? That would be interesting to know when they removed it.

22 hours ago, Trifecta said:

Maybe it doesn't have the correction sheet because the manual was updated...

The manual was not updated; it's still got Defender II controls.  My guess is that my version is earlier in the run and that they just inserted the correction sheet mid-run since it was quicker and far cheaper than re-printing the manuals.  Mine was circle seal and of all the Joust manuals I've had go through my hands over the years, I've yet to ever see a corrected manual so they're either much rarer or non-existant.

As for the date codes, I'll post all of the date codes from every sealed game I've ever opened in the other thread later this year once I've moved and have to re-set up my entire collection in the new house anyway.

As for this list, it's been accepted and posted by gamefaqs already (less than 24 hours, wtf?) so it is current up to the date of this post.  Many thanks, once again to all contributors; my personal goal of 400 unique titles is well within our grasp...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

How many to go? I still have to open my Battleship, and Tecmo Cup Soccer Game.

We're at 390 unique -USA titles, so ten to go, and since I update the main list after every five new entries, it's basically two updates away.  I look forward to seeing your two games, and I've been working through my collection for boxes that could use a condition upgrade and then scouring eBay for possible sealed titles that fit the bill...  🙂

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

That poor SNK game.

For the record, I have no known inserts for all SNK games. Even a game like Crystalis only comes with the cartridge, manual, nintendo power insert, dust sleeve, plastic bag, and styrofoam insert.

Yeah, I'm disappointed in SNK as far as NES contents are concerned. On one end you have Capcom, who often put a ton of inserts in their games, then on the other side of the spectrum we have SNK...

Awesome, Trifecta!  And yeah, I agree on there being shitty inserts in these SNK games.  How cool would it have been to have a bad-ass Crystalis poster on the wall growing up?

On a different note, I actually came in here expecting to see Austin's SMB3 listed, but watching his video made me sad.  But still, it's definitely a good day for people who care about this info 🙂

Edited by Dr. Morbis

5 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

On a different note, I actually came in here expecting to see Austin's SMB3 listed, but watching his video made me sad.  But still, it's definitely a good day for people who care about this info 🙂

Honestly, I think we already know what is in a sealed Super Mario Bros. 3. Last year, a seller on Ebay named Rarebucky sold a Super Mario Bros 3 that he says was sealed but was opened by customs officials from the bottom of the box before it was finally delivered to him:

51093294022_d0654e5284_b.jpg

Edited by Trifecta
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Honestly, I think we already know what is in a sealed Super Mario Bros. 3. Last year, a seller on Ebay named Rarebucky sold a Super Mario Bros 3 that he says was sealed but was opened by customs officials from the bottom of the box before it was finally delivered to him:

51093294022_d0654e5284_b.jpg

The game sold 18 million copies over 5+ years, so you'd have to open a whole lot more than one copy to know all of the possible inserts to come with this game.  But yeah, we can ballpark it, as I'm sure many people already have...

11 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

You make it sound like I didn't open it. Are you sure you watched the right video?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Come on guys, we're only nine away from my personal goal of 400 unique titles listed, and if I have to do it all myself, it's gonna take me a couple of years.... 😛

Anyway, I just opened a sealed Baby Boomer.  We've had the Micro Genius black cart variant covered for a while, but this is the standard blue cart version.  The only intersting thing to note is that it had a sticker on the outside of the plastic seal, which I have photographed and posted below for posterity...

Baby Boomer (Blue Cartridge Variant)
     - Cartridge
     - Box
     - Manual
     - Color Dreams Dust Sleeve (Bats & Warrior)
     *NOTE* There is a "Team Up!" sticker on the plastic seal.

Baby Boomer Sticker.JPG

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 3