IGNORED

NES Sealed Game Contents

1 hour ago, austin532 said:

I agree, that looks correct to me. I want to say DT was printed up until 91? The cartoon was super popular at this time so it stayed on shelves longer.

It is confirmed to be printed all the way up to Mid 1992, with a possible/theortical Early to Mid 1993 reprint to go along side DuckTales 2.

2 hours ago, austin532 said:

I agree, that looks correct to me. I want to say DT was printed up until 91? The cartoon was super popular at this time so it stayed on shelves longer.

1 hour ago, ThePhleo said:

It is confirmed to be printed all the way up to Mid 1992, with a possible/theortical Early to Mid 1993 reprint to go along side DuckTales 2.

My no-promo copy is from May 1992, so that is probably the absolute latest that the original version was reprinted. We probably don't have a big enough sample size to guess how long the no promo version was printed, but... based on what I've gathered from other Capcom no-promo boxes, these reprints probably only ran a month or so.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

My no-promo copy is from May 1992, so that is probably the absolute latest that the original version was reprinted. We probably don't have a big enough sample size to guess how long the no promo version was printed, but... based on what I've gathered from other Capcom no-promo boxes, these reprints probably only ran a month or so.

My no promos I have were printed March 92 up to May 92

Edited by Goodvibes
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jonebone said:

Why is this game so damn brutal and no one talks about it? Got a sealed copy with hole in the front that I figured may be a candidate for opening if I don't sell it. Will mull it over but man this one doesn't come up in decent shape at all.

20210926_064108.jpg

Nice. Looks like a perfect candidate for opening. If you don't want to take the loss, I'd be happy to pick it up at cost (plus shipping) and open it.

37 minutes ago, Goodvibes said:

And then I’d buy it from you at cib cost haha 😆

Haha. I'm not even sure what condition my Fun House is in. I've gotten lazy but I guess I should start using ebay again and get my sealed notifications back on. This would've been a good one to snag. Glad someone here got it though.

4 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Haha. I'm not even sure what condition my Fun House is in. I've gotten lazy but I guess I should start using ebay again and get my sealed notifications back on. This would've been a good one to snag. Glad someone here got it though.

I’m sure the one you have is in decent shape, I’d take that one as well.

On 9/26/2021 at 9:00 AM, ThePhleo said:

I’m gonna open these at TMG (if I go).

I think Tecmo Cup, and Battleship aren’t on the list. Yet.

1CE08C05-A6AD-4898-9D39-E285D1ABD82D.thumb.jpeg.d90a2d54f577a93dbbbdb14785f73d4f.jpeg

3 of those games I need to open. Are you going to record the process if you open them at TMG? It would be awesome to open a sealed game on stage just to hear the mixed reaction from the crowd.

One more for the list!

Fun House (Oval Seal)

Box: NES-FS USA 
Cart: NES-FS-USA
Manual: NES-FS-USA
Nintendo Power advert: PMG-USA
High Tech Expressions Registration Card: HIT-NES-US
Hi Tech Expressions Poster: HIT-NES-US-1

Textured Black Dust Cover

20210928_072435.jpg

Edited by jonebone
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

@Mr. CIB uhm… Jonas figure out where -1 goes.

@jonebone we REALLY REALLY need the date codes on the manual, box, and cartridge for that exact copy. Me and Mr CIB have been trying to figure out where the -1 poster goes to because it’s one of the rarer posters in the NES library for some reason 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also, can I buy that copy :V

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

@Mr. CIB uhm… Jonas figure out where -1 goes.

@jonebone we REALLY REALLY need the date codes on the manual, box, and cartridge for that exact copy. Me and Mr CIB have been trying to figure out where the -1 poster goes to because it’s one of the rarer posters in the NES library for some reason 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also, can I buy that copy :V

There are no date codes, that is the information on it.

27 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

There have to be date codes, all cartridges have date codes on the chips.

Also with a suspected release date of January 1991, I'd be surprised if both the manual and box don't have dates as well.

There's no 5 digit number on the inner box flap if that's what you mean by a date code.  I'm not opening the cart though.

6 minutes ago, jonebone said:

There's no 5 digit number on the inner box flap if that's what you mean by a date code.  I'm not opening the cart though.

There's usually a date code in the manual as well. It can be found in the bottom corner on one of the last of the pages. Even Zelda usually has a manual date code despite also not having box flap date codes. Here is an example:

IMG_20200412_151148.thumb.jpg.f961eded10819d912ca9154734965c82.jpg

5 minutes ago, jonebone said:

It's all good. I'll find one eventually, now that I know where this poster belongs and I'll open it myself 😉

This is a *really* hard to find poster/flyer by the way.

At a glance, it's extremely similar, almost identical really, to the super common "HIT-NES-US" poster, but there's only one major difference. On "HIT-NES-US" it uses the older prototype artwork for Red October, while on the "HIT-NES-US-1" poster it uses the actual published artwork for Red October.

There's also a "HIT-7H-US" poster that is identical to "HIT-NES-US-1" which is only included in Red October.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

There's usually a date code in the manual as well. It can be found in the bottom corner on one of the last of the pages. Even Zelda usually has a manual date code despite also not having box flap date codes. Here is an example:

Thanks, date code is 01129 in that case.

• Like 1

Awesome, so that paints a very clear picture now.

Fun House & Red October were released at the same time, but Fun House is significantly rarer. They have identical posters, but one is coded as Red October exclusive, and the other is coded as a publisher generic despite only being (known to be) found in Fun House.

I suppose any late November / early December 1990 reprints of games released prior in Hi-Tech's library may also have it (if any). They would be as follows:

1. Sesame Street 123
  2. Sesame Street ABC
  3. Chessmaster
  4. Win, Lose or Draw
  5. MTV Remote Control
  6. ORB 3D
  7. Sesame Street: Big Bird's Hide & Speak
  8. Jim Henson's Muppet Adventure: Chaos at the Carnival

Sesame Street 123, Sesame Street ABC, Chessmaster, and Win Lose or Draw *do* have Oval ® reprints. But I don't know the date codes on them, especially the first three since they seem to be pretty rare. Also, Win, Lose or Draw seems to have no Oval ® box, but an Oval ® cart.

STILL a lot to be discovered 🙂

Edited by ThePhleo

8 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Awesome, so that paints a very clear picture now.

Fun House & Red October were released at the same time, but Fun House is significantly rarer. They have identical posters, but one is coded as Red October exclusive, and the other is coded as a publisher generic despite only being (known to be) found in Fun House.

I suppose any late November / early December 1990 reprints of games released prior in Hi-Tech's library may also have it (if any). They would be as follows:

1. Sesame Street 123
  2. Sesame Street ABC
  3. Chessmaster
  4. Win, Lose or Draw
  5. MTV Remote Control
  6. ORB 3D
  7. Sesame Street: Big Bird's Hide & Speak
  8. Jim Henson's Muppet Adventure: Chaos at the Carnival

Sesame Street 123, Sesame Street ABC, Chessmaster, and Win Lose or Draw *do* have Oval ® reprints. But I don't know the date codes on them, especially the first three since they seem to be pretty rare. Also, Win, Lose or Draw seems to have no Oval ® box, but an Oval ® cart.

STILL a lot to be discovered 🙂

I have both Win, Lose Or Draw box variants as well as a sealed copy. I can get date codes for the opened ones next week.