IGNORED

NES Sealed Game Contents

3 hours ago, Trifecta said:

There's no doubt in my mind that it is a factory sealed game, otherwise I wouldn't have presented to the community.

The contents still had that unique NES new smell.

VGA wouldn't grade a re-sealed game. They only grade factory sealed games and 100% complete games.

There was nothing to indicate it was a re-seal. Everything looked legit to me.

I, of course, have trusted your judgement all along.  It may seem strange that a "Nintendo" dust sleeve came with ROTJ, but if that's what was in the box, then that's what we need to be writing on our lists...  🙂

Thanks that's all I needed.

So let's step back now. What do we have and what are we missing?

Have

1. High confidence the game is factory original
  2. Game uses a non-standard seal for the era (caveat: it is the standard seal for the game itself)
  3. Contents are in fact new and unused
  4. It has a foil Nintendo® dust sleeve which is circa 1993 and beyond.
  5. (Possibly related) Around February 1995, Acclaim bought out and shut down Sunsoft and kept a "skeleton crew of 4 or 5 people to facilitate the transfer of IP to Acclaim"
  6. (Possibly related) Batman: Forever movie launched nationwide June 16, 1995, and its movie tie-in game was released by Acclaim in August 1995 for SNES & Game Boy, and September 1995 for Genesis & Game Gear.

So if it's all new, with a high confidence of it all being original, and the fact that it has a foil dust sleeve implies it was packaged at the very earliest some time in 1993.

Missing

1. Chip codes (if relevant, I don't think this game comes with date codes except for the NES-48-USA box variant)
  2. Retail Photos (has this game been seen on sheleves in 1993+)
  3. Retail Receipts (has this game ever been sold 1993+)
  4. Marketing (has this game ever been marketed 1993+)
  5. Factory sealed copy of NES-48-USA box variant to be opened...
  6. Case pack info. Does the case pack look like a normal one?

These third party seal copies seem relatively common...whereas I've only seen mint CIB cellophane copies with H-Seam's once or twice, and I've never seen a sealed copy yet.

More info needs to be dug up. I'm absolutely going to try to buy a sealed copy and pray for a -48- box.

Hi gang. Long time listener, first or second time caller.

i think it’s important to note the source of a lot these three sided seam ROTJ games. They were originally being sold on ChaseTheChuckWagon / GameGavel by an individual in Texas (circa 2010-ish?) who, if I recall the story correctly, got them from a distributor in Mexico (along with case packs of other sealed nes games that included the likes of firehouse rescue, RBI baseball, power punch II, monster truck rally and some others) 

I wanna say they were selling on eBay at first, got kicked off eBay and then started selling on the other platform.

Since we are all going on straight assumptions, let me add mine. It was a unique pack job, factory sealed, late release by acclaim and they used twilight nes sleeves). Purdy sure that’s it.  

These games with this seal type came straight outta case packs, which is 100% the only fact we have.

Hi.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, qixmaster said:

Hi gang. Long time listener, first or second time caller.

i think it’s important to note the source of a lot these three sided seam ROTJ games. They were originally being sold on ChaseTheChuckWagon / GameGavel by an individual in Texas (circa 2010-ish?) who, if I recall the story correctly, got them from a distributor in Mexico (along with case packs of other sealed nes games that included the likes of firehouse rescue, RBI baseball, power punch II, monster truck rally and some others) 

I wanna say they were selling on eBay at first, got kicked off eBay and then started selling on the other platform.

Since we are all going on straight assumptions, let me add mine. It was a unique pack job, factory sealed, late release by acclaim and they used twilight nes sleeves). Purdy sure that’s it.  

These games with this seal type came straight outta case packs, which is 100% the only fact we have.

Hi.

Woo. Real OG info there.

All of that stuff was just a little before my time. I was only witness to the last of the "Dov" sale sometime in 2011/2012. This is the stuff NA would have been still useful for 😕

• 4 months later...

Posting these here so they'll be in queue for the next update down the road.  Credit and thanks to @Trifecta

Dig Dug II
     - Cartridge (NES-I2-USA)
     - Box (NES-I2-USA)
     - Manual (NES-I2-USA)
     - Nintendo Power Subscription Card (PMG-MW-USA)
     - Flat Black Dust Sleeve

Rad Racer (Oval Seal)
     - Cartridge (NES-RC-USA)
     - Box (NES-RC-USA)
     - Manual (NES-RC-USA)
     - 3-D Glasses
     - Nintendo Power Subscription Card (PMG-MW-USA)
     - Non-Foil Nintendo Dust Sleeve

• 4 weeks later...

Another one, with credit and thanks as always to Trifecta.

Totally Rad
     - Cartridge (NES-6T-USA)
     - Box (NES-6T-USA)
     - Manual (NES-6T-USA)
     - Jaleco Poster/Advert (JAL-NES-US-2)
     - Jaleco Registration Card (JAL-NES-US-3)     
     - Nintendo Power Subscription Card (PMG-USA-1)     
     - Flat Black Dust Sleeve

The Master List on gamefaqs (link in first post) has been updated with the three titles in the above posts from Trifecta plus two new variants: a round seal Spy vs Spy thanks to @Divingninja and NES Play Action Football with a star manual thanks to @Futureman.  Goonies never say die....

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

While I'm happy to see it get documented, that box makes me so fucking sad! Hope you can find a replacement for it.  On the plus side, at least it's not on the display side, so it'll still look alright on the shelf.

Do you face your games to the right?

48 minutes ago, austin532 said:

I face mine to the right because it's usually the cleaner side without the warranty information. Unfortunately, Capcom put the warranty info on both sides.

Never mind the warranty info - how about those sumbitches that put the barcode on the spines *and* had the gall to print the text from bottom to top instead of top to bottom... 😡 (I'm looking at you, Jaleco... and Activision to a lesser extent).

6 hours ago, Goodvibes said:

Here it is:

IMG_1592.jpeg

IMG_1594.jpeg

IMG_1596.jpeg

IMG_1602.jpeg

-Box - nes-3u-usa

-Manual - nes-3u-usa

-Cart - nes-3u-usa

-Cap-nes-us-4 poster

-Cap-nes-us-2 reg

-Pmg-usa-1

-Nes-doc-usa

-Sleeve - unbranded smooth

Awesome!  Looks like you got the cool poster with the California Raisins box art to boot 🙂