IGNORED

NES Sealed Game Contents

13 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Come on guys, we're only nine away from my personal goal of 400 unique titles listed, and if I have to do it all myself, it's gonna take me a couple of years.... 😛

Anyway, I just opened a sealed Baby Boomer.  We've had the Micro Genius black cart variant covered for a while, but this is the standard blue cart version.  The only intersting thing to note is that it had a sticker on the outside of the plastic seal, which I have photographed and posted below for posterity...

Baby Boomer (Blue Cartridge Variant)
     - Cartridge
     - Box
     - Manual
     - Color Dreams Dust Sleeve (Bats & Warrior)
     *NOTE* There is a "Team Up!" sticker on the plastic seal.

Baby Boomer Sticker.JPG

Very cool, nice work. I’m glad there’s some sort of activity in this thread.

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

Some day! But with the way prices are going, it may take 20 years when all of us geezers stop caring and start dying so prices finally crash.

Well I'll always be good for about one or two a year, as I slowly start going through the collection looking for games that need upgrades 🙂

As for prices, yeah it's gone crazy right now, but long term I think the only titles that will be out of reach indefinitely are the big-name ones chosen by speculators to be worth 6 figures, so SMB, Zelda, SMB 3, etc, but they're all games that sold millions, so they're not going to have one specific set of inserts that we can list as the "official standard" anyway.  You can put just about any first-party insert with an SMB and odds are the game actually came with it...

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, many thanks to @WarMech for agreeing to sell me his sealed game so that I could record the contents here:

Heavy Shreddin'
     - Cartridge (NES-WX-USA)
     - Box (NES-WX-USA)
     - Manual (NES-WX-USA*)
     - Parker Brothers Survey Card (PAR-WX-US)
     - Heavy Shreddin' Poster (PAR-WX-US)
     - Nintendo Power Subscription Card (PMG-USA)
     - Flat Black Dust Sleeve

Slowly but surely..........

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Moderator · Posted
1 hour ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Alright, many thanks to @WarMech for agreeing to sell me his sealed game so that I could record the contents here:

Heavy Shreddin'
     - Cartridge (NES-WX-USA)
     - Box (NES-WX-USA)
     - Manual (NES-WX-USA*)
     - Flat Black Dust Sleeve

Sweet, didn’t know it had a game specific card, do you mind sharing a pic?

12 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Heavy Shreddin'
     - Cartridge (NES-WX-USA)
     - Box (NES-WX-USA)
     - Manual (NES-WX-USA*)
     - Flat Black Dust Sleeve

Very nice, how many left now?

16 hours ago, Goodvibes said:

Very nice, how many left now?

Uploaded list on gamefaqs has 390 unique US entries.  Since then we've seen Guerrilla War and Heavy Shreddin', plus the Baby Boomer variant.  So we're sitting at 392 unique US entries right now.  Three more needed before I do the next update at 395...

Edited by Dr. Morbis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I checked my copy for shits and giggles, but I don't have any inserts in mine. Just the manual.

Fair enough, I appreciate it guys, my copy I can’t remember 100% if it was with all inserts or just some where I possibly added to it. I feel like it was complete but don’t want to commit to it, hopefully someone else can assist.

This is what I have. Maybe @Dr. Morbis? 😄

25B6F587-2528-4CD9-96AB-649066024060.jpeg

Edited by Goodvibes
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Goodvibes said:

Fair enough, I appreciate it guys, my copy I can’t remember 100% if it was with all inserts or just some where I possibly added to it. I feel like it was complete but don’t want to commit to it, hopefully someone else can assist.

This is what I have. Maybe @Dr. Morbis? 😄

25B6F587-2528-4CD9-96AB-649066024060.jpeg

Funny story: I opened a sealed DuckTales 2 years ago that I got off eBay for cheap, but my DuckTales 1 was pieced together with the intention of getting a sealed copy later on when I "got 'round to it."  I guess I should've got on that before all the prices went stupid...

So long story short, I can't help you.  But I can say that I did put the same poster and NP insert in mine as a "best guess," but cannot confirm the registration card or refund coupon...

11 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Funny story: I opened a sealed DuckTales 2 years ago that I got off eBay for cheap, but my DuckTales 1 was pieced together with the intention of getting a sealed copy later on when I "got 'round to it."  I guess I should've got on that before all the prices went stupid...

So long story short, I can't help you.  But I can say that I did put the same poster and NP insert in mine as a "best guess," but cannot confirm the registration card or refund coupon...

Well it was worth a shot, always seemed odd to me that this game was never opened by anyone. Maybe phleo knows.

1 hour ago, Goodvibes said:

Here’s the codes for the one in the picture:

-Box - nes-uk-usa (90824)

-Manual - nes-uk-usa (90825)

Okay, so here's what should go to that print according to my list.

Flyer: CAP-NES-US-2
Reg. Card: CAP-NES-US-1
Other Inserts (Coupon): CAP-NES-US-1 (Expires 12-31-90)

Looking at your photo, it's exactly the right inserts that belong to it.

• Like 2