IGNORED

NES Sealed Game Contents

2 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

Wait, roundball should be on the list.

I think @DoctorEncore sold me a CIB that he opened for this project. I can take photos of the inserts to get it added to the pending list.

I literally don't even remember at this point. I feel like I've opened at least fifty games.

15 hours ago, austin532 said:

I still have 12 more to open that aren't on the list.

Break Time
Faxanadu
Goal!
Greg Norman: Golf Power
Jeopardy
Jeopardy 25th Anniversary Edition
Krusty's Fun House
Laser Invasion
Rounball
Star Wars
Super Jeopardy
Super Mario Bros. 3.....maybe.

Pick three and we'll be at 400 🙂

Bonus points: make SMB 3 the third one and it'll be one hell of a way to hit 400....... maybe 😉

On 10/21/2021 at 4:45 AM, austin532 said:

I still have 12 more to open that aren't on the list.

Break Time
Faxanadu
Goal!
Greg Norman: Golf Power
Jeopardy
Jeopardy 25th Anniversary Edition
Krusty's Fun House
Laser Invasion
Rounball
Star Wars
Super Jeopardy
Super Mario Bros. 3.....maybe.

You've mentioned some of those titles for over a year plus now.  I even remember passing on Greg Norman's that were sitting on Amazon at $50 new (3 copies) around that time frame.  Are you going to actually open anything or what?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Trifecta said:

Here is an unboxing of Faxanadu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhTYQcLHUZE

Man that was *almost* an opportunity lost!  He shows just enough of the items for just long enough for me to frame advance and decipher what's there (except for the box flap, ugh).  BUT, due to the particular NP insert that is included, I can infer that this is a very early print ('89) and so the box's code won't be -1, and come up with this for the confirmed contents:

Faxanadu
     - Cartridge (NES-FX-USA)
     - Box (NES-FX-USA)
     - Manual (NES-FX-USA)
     - "Now You're Playing With Power" Poster (1988 Copyright)
     - Nintendo Power Subscription Card (PMG-PT-USA)
     - Non-Foil Nintendo Dust Sleeve

If anyone sees it differently, or has any reason to believe this is wrong, please let me know before the next update.... 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Man that was *almost* an opportunity lost!  He shows just enough of the items for just long enough for me to frame advance and decipher what's there (except for the box flap, ugh).  BUT, due to the particular NP insert that is included, I can infer that this is a very early print ('89) and so the box's code won't be -1, and come up with this for the confirmed contents:

Faxanadu
     - Cartridge (NES-FX-USA)
     - Box (NES-FX-USA)
     - Manual (NES-FX-USA)
     - "Now You're Playing With Power" Poster (1988 Copyright)
     - Nintendo Power Subscription Card (PMG-PT-USA)
     - Non-Foil Nintendo Dust Sleeve

If anyone sees it differently, or has any reason to believe this is wrong, please let me know before the next update.... 🙂

Nice work guys, I feel like there has to be more videos like this we could use.

18 hours ago, jonebone said:

You've mentioned some of those titles for over a year plus now.  I even remember passing on Greg Norman's that were sitting on Amazon at $50 new (3 copies) around that time frame.  Are you going to actually open anything or what?

There is no rush. I hate to say it but the days of buying a bunch of sealed NES games for cheap and opening them are over. So why not savor the moment? That being said, yes it has been awhile since I opened a game. I've been very tempted to open some more.

BreakTime interests me the most! If you want to put up a vote on what to do next.

Also. Depending on what variant of SMB3 you have it’s probably just a PMG-UM insert as the only special insert.

If it’s a Oval TM seal though then that’s where it gets interesting since I’m 99% sure it doesn’t have the Mario 3 exclusive Nintendo power offer (as well as any left Bros variant)

Just now, austin532 said:

Since it looks to be first print we can assume they are:

Cart: NES-F3-USA (round seal)
Manual: NES-F3-USA (round seal)
Box: NES-F3-USA (round seal)
Poster: LJN-NES-US (round seal purple version)
NP: PMG-US
Black Sleeve

The list was formed under the assumption that there were gonna be no assumptions on the contents.  Even on Stadium Events, where the sole exception was made, there's a disclaimer that the information may not be accurate, but due to the unlikeliness of someone opening a copy even back when that addition was made (only two sealed copies were known to exist at the time), the judgement call was made.  Even then, the person who submitted the information was able to verify that the copy had not changed hands more than the one time (he bought it from the original owner), and the contents checked out when compared to other contemporary Bandai releases.  Not to mention that we actually had the data about the inserts and everything...the only thing lacking was the unwrapping.  With this copy of Friday the 13th, the only thing we can verify is that it was a sealed copy.  I've rejected prior submissions on that basis, because if we're going to start guessing at what the contents are, then the integrity of the list is completely voided.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Just won a Klashball on Heritage.

I will be opening it to find out which poster comes with which cartridge variant.

There are two "major" cartridge variants for this game, and two VERY VERY different posters included in this game.

You may be disappointed - the one on the list right now doesn't even HAVE a Klash Ball poster.  It came with a Fish Dude poster instead.  Seems they may have used the Acclaim strategy of including posters for other games instead of the purchased game.

Klash Ball
     - Cartridge (NES-4K-USA)
     - Box (NES-4K-USA)
     - Manual (NES-4K-USA)
     - "Fish Dude" Poster (SOF-4K-US)
     - Registration Card (SOF-NES-US)
     - Epilepsy Warning Sheet (NES-DOC-USA)
     - Nintendo Power Subscription Card (PMG-USA-1)
     - Flat Black Dust Sleeve
Edited by the_wizard_666

The cartridge variant isn't documented in the list, and also the second poster is the same exact poster that's included in Dragon Fighter, only there's a "No Code" variant.

Whichever poster is included will still give a contribution to the list.

Also, I need a CIB copy of this game anyway.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThePhleo said:

The cartridge variant isn't documented in the list, and also the second poster is the same exact poster that's included in Dragon Fighter, only there's a "No Code" variant.

Whichever poster is included will still give a contribution to the list.

Also, I need a CIB copy of this game anyway.

Yeah, sadly I didn't know about a cart variant, hence why nothing is documented.  Sadly I don't have any of the old submissions to go back to, although maybe the Wayback Machine can find some posts on NA (or even pre-NA, not sure when that one was added either).

There's a *ton* of stuff that will never be clear. Konami's KON-NES-US poster comes in like...4 different MAJOR versions each with their own sub variants. Then there are so many posters in the entire library that have Seal of Quality variants too.

Here's the two poster variants I w as talking about for Dragon Fighter too.

0V4eKt6Zu3OxmgKUREu2BoCvGY9BntP0QRVU6SGfVN_8QA2VrQzxS2693hK2J4FtnsOuQHZB53WxlOIppMWpV62e4oZWQGoeuy3b-fy1l3G51PnSqeC9R-d5VUWkd22FCegAM3Y2Psb4Ko52qTMFGPPclriClMPI.jpg.da1a12126ccbdc7af1ebcfeb14d9abd6.jpg

xWvYk7a9ws1j8fFf1a5sxu5NPMJNw3bvzGZPydLAKDjEhX5Rp3mcSHW0DnIh1OjBfwQPdiKpiMrMRXG03xCkr9lrBifJHoihtKZ7-W---dIbdwIL_Dbby8C_rfwWnyP4vb-UX-KRS-aYJIauhmUuek3ISiaUg5vy.jpg.e9286d92b62a54415036d8a17ca0c082.jpg

_slEqrxIxLXx8bgSJHhN7iZ73oFJypp-4Ef6QnBMjCoHCjZglBj0S3anqI2cVH7R2ra9-ZwfezPOdA5xT_o1r6t3AY6wziifgoQV-4XLqdJTmcbg-z4m6mtM0AO0DdhO9FDNPHD0Q6c-DZ_UJV_rRREdedtw10A6.jpg.8c6f79207e306d868df9093734ac216b.jpg

Edited by ThePhleo

3 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

There's a *ton* of stuff that will never be clear. Konami's KON-NES-US poster comes in like...4 different MAJOR versions each with their own sub variants. Then there are so many posters in the entire library that have Seal of Quality variants too.

Here's the two poster variants I w as talking about for Dragon Fighter too.

0V4eKt6Zu3OxmgKUREu2BoCvGY9BntP0QRVU6SGfVN_8QA2VrQzxS2693hK2J4FtnsOuQHZB53WxlOIppMWpV62e4oZWQGoeuy3b-fy1l3G51PnSqeC9R-d5VUWkd22FCegAM3Y2Psb4Ko52qTMFGPPclriClMPI.jpg.da1a12126ccbdc7af1ebcfeb14d9abd6.jpg

xWvYk7a9ws1j8fFf1a5sxu5NPMJNw3bvzGZPydLAKDjEhX5Rp3mcSHW0DnIh1OjBfwQPdiKpiMrMRXG03xCkr9lrBifJHoihtKZ7-W---dIbdwIL_Dbby8C_rfwWnyP4vb-UX-KRS-aYJIauhmUuek3ISiaUg5vy.jpg.e9286d92b62a54415036d8a17ca0c082.jpg

_slEqrxIxLXx8bgSJHhN7iZ73oFJypp-4Ef6QnBMjCoHCjZglBj0S3anqI2cVH7R2ra9-ZwfezPOdA5xT_o1r6t3AY6wziifgoQV-4XLqdJTmcbg-z4m6mtM0AO0DdhO9FDNPHD0Q6c-DZ_UJV_rRREdedtw10A6.jpg.8c6f79207e306d868df9093734ac216b.jpg

I would love to go over those thoroughly to see what the actual change was to warrant that change...unless the code WAS the change...

@the_wizard_666

Bottom right screenshot is slightly different.

Description text in the "No Code" variant has a more brighter white border.

In the logo, the "D", G" and "O" have their holes cutout properly on the "SOF-1D-US" variant. Logo is also properly aligned.

The positioning of the logo is slightly different.

ezgif-7-902d11b99d4b.thumb.gif.3b52ae5ebfbbc1d6ce2e3aea14a59d96.gif

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

@the_wizard_666

Just opened my copy. It came with the SOF-4K-US Fish Dude poster and the "smooth" bottom label cartridge variant. Inserts are identical.

In a case of perfect timing, here's also a sold CIB that if you look *really* closely includes the generic SOF-[NOCODE] "Dragon Fighter" poster and it includes the "Marble" bottom label cartridge variant.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393597739680

• Like 2