IGNORED

NES Sealed Game Contents

2 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

My Bubble Bobble Part 2 Box is 31104. The manual is a perfect match.

But why do you care so much about OMG FIRST PRINT!!!  These aren't comic books.  I didn't see a single post of anyone giving a shit about first prints once EVER before WATA came around... not ONCE in twenty years!  Somebody link me to an internet post on a message board of NES collectors discusing first prints before WATA.  Talk about a grading company manipulating the market.  Now we have new collectors coming in and all they care about is a tiny 5 digit code on the inside flap of their "investment."

Anyway, you win: your BB2 box was printed before mine... probably even a first print.  Mine's not worthy of the cardboard it's printed on.  Anyone got any kerosine?  I'll go get a match...

😛

New collectors? I've been doing this for a decade. I'm also creating a website like Discogs to track all of this information so it can be tracked by anyone that desires it, this isn't for anything to do with which print I have. The most hilarious part of all of this is you have helped us the most in this debate because none of us have a later print box like yours so that was a huge help, thanks. Can we see photos? I just want to see the proof so I can record it as fact.

• Like 1

First of all, there was one of these at the bottom of my post:  😛

Second of all, I would gladly open a four figure game if I had any left to open, but the 100 or so NES games I opened were mostly before the prices went ape-shit.

And Third, I honestly wish Mike and I had thought to record the print date info when he started this project in 2006, but we didn't.  As others have said, my use of the info would be to fully complete games with appropriate orphans, but of course the info would've no doubt fallen into prospectors' hands, and certain print-runs of certain titles would now become unobtainium moving forward.  As a result, a small part of me is kinda glad we didn't record that stuff

• Like 1

10 hours ago, austin532 said:

Hold my beer.

Keyword: “Expect”

What you do is for the love of the hobby.

The only sealed NES game I still have is Legend of Kage, and Abadox. I think both of which are on the list already.

I definitely wouldn’t be brave enough to open some of the games you have. I still wouldn’t expect you to open a single game more and greatly appreciate what you do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

Keyword: “Expect”

What you do is for the love of the hobby.

The only sealed NES game I still have is Legend of Kage, and Abadox. I think both of which are on the list already.

I definitely wouldn’t be brave enough to open some of the games you have. I still wouldn’t expect you to open a single game more and greatly appreciate what you do.

Yeah, I already opened Abadox. If I had a sealed Kage and I knew for sure it was a 5 screw version I would probably open it as well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Y'all have inspired me. This weekend, I will take 20 minutes off from playing Demon's Souls and open Bigfoot. Mark my words. THIS WEEKEND.

That would be awesome, man!  I knew the submissions would slow back down again, but I was really hoping we'd get to 400 unique US titles before things went quiet.  We're so close now, like 13 titles away (if you open Bigfoot.)

• Like 1

Bigfoot (Oval Seal)

Box: NES-A8-USA (00510) ***Box code printed upside down; date code oriented correctly***
Cart: NES-A8-USA
Manual: NES-A8-USA* (00511)
Total Recall Poster: ACL-A8-US

Nintendo Power Advert: PMG-AA-USA
Acclaim Warranty Registration Card: ACL-NES-US-4
Smooth Dust Cover

Spoiler

hVX4XQc.jpg

Also, my Bubble Bobble 2 box is 30709.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Can anyone explain to me why Incredible crash dummies has no date code on the box or manual and the stamp in the label on the back of the cart is four digits with a mix of letters and numbers (V9RX)? Is this one of the games they made themselves and that is why?

6B525F5A-ACCB-4F6B-8A5F-F7BB00D7B628.jpeg

8093E828-1D28-43B7-A13F-68218A2D83EF.jpeg

Edited by Goodvibes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Goodvibes said:

Can anyone explain to me why Incredible crash dummies has no date code on the box or manual and the stamp in the label on the back of the cart is four digits with a mix of letters and numbers (V9RX)? Is this one of the games they made themselves and that is why?

6B525F5A-ACCB-4F6B-8A5F-F7BB00D7B628.jpeg

8093E828-1D28-43B7-A13F-68218A2D83EF.jpeg

Yeah, you can see the Acclaim logo on the back of the cart. They use different stamp codes on the back label and they didn't bother with the date code on their boxes.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Yeah, you can see the Acclaim logo on the back of the cart. They use different stamp codes on the back label and they didn't bother with the date code on their boxes.

Got it and did they make all their own games, meaning none of them have date codes and the back labels? Just never really noticed that.

On 12/2/2020 at 7:26 PM, DoctorEncore said:

I think his comments were meant to be tongue in cheek. I think anyone posting here cares more about the hobby than the money. And just to echo your sentiment, I also find the dating aspect fascinating since verifiable info regarding release/launch dates has mostly been lost to the sands of time.

I 100% agree even though I tend to be on the "grading" end of this hobby. 😅

In all cases I have a variation of Asperger's that makes doing research on anything that interests me mandatory. And that the best way to curb any over-thinking and/or anxieties I have to take a financial loss. So for a hobbyist like myself, it's "hoes (hobby) before the moes (money)".

Plus echoing what @ThePhleo said, it is hard to read a person's feelings online. But I also tend to blame those who are willing to make casual assumptions where simply asking is the best way to go. Then again, I found that those who did it to me here were less rude than those who did it elsewhere. 😅

Rambling aside, I need to find all available data I need before I start to submit my games to Wata. 🤔

20 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Bigfoot (Oval Seal)

Box: NES-A8-USA (00510) ***Box code printed upside down; date code oriented correctly***
Cart: NES-A8-USA
Manual: NES-A8-USA* (00511)
Total Recall Poster: ACL-A8-US

Nintendo Power Advert: PMG-AA-USA
Acclaim Warranty Registration Card: ACL-NES-US-4
Smooth Dust Cover

Hide contents

hVX4XQc.jpg

Also, my Bubble Bobble 2 box is 30709.

Welcome back to the club.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

In all cases I have a variation of Asperger's that makes doing research on anything that interests me mandatory.

Rambling aside, I need to find all available data I need before I start to submit my games to Wata. 🤔

I'm pretty sure that's all Asperger's.

From someone that just spent the last week gathering information and finally packed my first box today, I might be able to answer any questions you have.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, the Earth has officially completed an orbit of the sun and I'm back to checking eBay alerts for sealed stuff. If anyone stumbles across any good deals on sealed games or finds a sealed game in truly terrible shape, shoot me a link and I'll pick it up for the list. My main focus this year is gonna be on some new systems for me (32X, Sega CD, Master System), but the NES will always be my main squeeze.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Alright, the Earth has officially completed an orbit of the sun and I'm back to checking eBay alerts for sealed stuff. If anyone stumbles across any good deals on sealed games or finds a sealed game in truly terrible shape, shoot me a link and I'll pick it up for the list. My main focus this year is gonna be on some new systems for me (32X, Sega CD, Master System), but the NES will always be my main squeeze.

Goodvibes had a thread of sealed NES games in the For Sale section not too long ago (maybe he still does) and I remember compiling a list of the four or so games that were not yet on the Sealed Contents List; I had intended to contact him and possibly make an offer on one/all, but I never got 'round to it 😞   But it might be worth it to drop him a line and see what he's got left.  I think a couple of them were pretty cheap...

18 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Goodvibes had a thread of sealed NES games in the For Sale section not too long ago (maybe he still does) and I remember compiling a list of the four or so games that were not yet on the Sealed Contents List; I had intended to contact him and possibly make an offer on one/all, but I never got 'round to it 😞   But it might be worth it to drop him a line and see what he's got left.  I think a couple of them were pretty cheap...

What you got for @Goodvibes? Anything for a good price that isn't on that list yet?

Yeah I’ve been looking for a minty cib to replace it, I don’t have the heart to open it. I don’t know too much about quantity of sealed games but to me it seems to be an uncommon I would think.

Ive had those sealed games up here for sale for some time along with my want to buy/trade thread and all the nes inserts I still need to find. Recently missed out on some nes insert lots but still need a few. Always open to offers and insert lots people have stashed. Willing to trade some of these sealed games for inserts and posters.... 👍

I may have an snes Dracula X reg card to trade for one of those two big nes posters I need, just saying....

Edited by Goodvibes

14 hours ago, Goodvibes said:

I still have 20 or so sealed nes games to sell/trade, only one I have that’s not on the list is Hatris I believe.

What about Jeopardy 25th?  Or is that one long gone?  There was a Quattro Sports and something else too, but I can't remember.  Ah well, if they're sold, they're sold...

4 hours ago, Goodvibes said:

Yeah I’ve been looking for a minty cib to replace it, I don’t have the heart to open it. I don’t know too much about quantity of sealed games but to me it seems to be an uncommon I would think.

Ive had those sealed games up here for sale for some time along with my want to buy/trade thread and all the nes inserts I still need to find. Recently missed out on some nes insert lots but still need a few. Always open to offers and insert lots people have stashed. Willing to trade some of these sealed games for inserts and posters.... 👍

I may have an snes Dracula X reg card to trade for one of those two big nes posters I need, just saying....

3 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

What about Jeopardy 25th?  Or is that one long gone?  There was a Quattro Sports and something else too, but I can't remember.  Ah well, if they're sold, they're sold...

That Hatris is a bit rich for my blood. I believe I sold a Jeopardy 25 to @austin532 specifically to open, so I think he'll get to that eventually.