IGNORED

NES Sealed Game Contents

Thanks Joshua.

I was aware of this special warning notice with Double Dragon after speaking with someone who is the original owner of this game that said his is 100% complete.

I am currently creating a list of 100% contents and will release it to the public forum with pictures when I'm done with it.

Gloves also expressed interest in creating a database for 100% NES game contents, so we will see.

Edited by Trifecta

I have my own 100% database in mind, however I suspect it's quite different.
Mine is a database of every single variant, across all regions. I guess only a couple people here on VGS know how annoying all the non-us regions are, but I've finally worked on a nice way to display all the data from all the regions in a nice format. Similar to how NA's database was, but NA's database did not account for variants or regions very well.. I don't remember exactly what WATA said (I know nearly nothing about what WATA is as i'm not an ntsc collector/follower..) but I think they said it would be impossible to track every single variant of every game: but why would it be impossible? sure some games have 100 different versions (SMB 1, for e.g.) but the rest only had a few production runs. It can be done, and it will be done! Maybe it's a bit harder to track the order in which certain variants were released but that's not what I intend on doing.

I also don't think I'll be making a user interface for it in the same way as yours (letting people use it as an app or whatever to mark off what they have / what they don't.)

I should also mention that I have little intention of putting much effort into the ntsc/usa side of my database 😛

Edited by Joshua Rogers

2 hours ago, Joshua Rogers said:

I have my own 100% database in mind, however I suspect it's quite different.
Mine is a database of every single variant, across all regions. I guess only a couple people here on VGS know how annoying all the non-us regions are, but I've finally worked on a nice way to display all the data from all the regions in a nice format. Similar to how NA's database was, but NA's database did not account for variants or regions very well.. I don't remember exactly what WATA said (I know nearly nothing about what WATA is as i'm not an ntsc collector/follower..) but I think they said it would be impossible to track every single variant of every game: but why would it be impossible? sure some games have 100 different versions (SMB 1, for e.g.) but the rest only had a few production runs. It can be done, and it will be done! Maybe it's a bit harder to track the order in which certain variants were released but that's not what I intend on doing.

I also don't think I'll be making a user interface for it in the same way as yours (letting people use it as an app or whatever to mark off what they have / what they don't.)

I should also mention that I have little intention of putting much effort into the ntsc/usa side of my database 😛

Tracking them isn’t impossible, it just requires a rethinking of the archival process.

Some PAL games include 2 manuals for different languages, some PAL games have different boxart within the region (Adventures in the Magic Kingdom) or different sizes (Black Boxes) or different names (Adventure Island Part II Two, Adventure Island in the Pacific), or different release statuses (Yapon Rentals), or different seal types (Plastic, Sticker, No Seal)

It also requires you to consider Brazil, India, South Korea, Hong Kong, and Asia which are all really obscure Or relatively unexplored libraries (also add South Africa too now!)

It also requires you to throw out overall rarity because games like Air Fortress, or Lethal Weapon are like Panic Restaurant and Power Blade 2 over here, and games like Stadium Events are like Swamp Thing, or Kid Klown over there.

Then you Need to realize that NES just isn’t the end all of gaming and you should factor in cross platform releases And ports which means you now need To consider ALL of gaming which requires its own rules as well.

So to create a perfect NES database you need a perfect overall gaming database.

And then you run into Toyetic media like Pokémon which have all sorts of memorabilia attached and some of which isn’t related to the games but rather the anime or manga or movie or something else altogether.

and publications, accessories, consoles.

Theres no way to do it without a serious SERIOUSLY far far back view of the entire picture.

unless you draw some lines that is.

12 hours ago, Joshua Rogers said:

If you're making a "possible" list, this was included in oval seal / rev-a edition USA release of Double Dragon: 63nwakA.jpg

I don't have a photo of it without the coin/pen sorry..
for future reference (google.. myself..): NES-WD-US

A few games have this type of insert I have noticed. I know one of the Zelda prints for nes legend of Zelda did. If someone has one For nes let me know, I’d be very interested in buying it please.

The third NES game I've had the pleasure of opening and contributing to this thread.  Simply because Romstar fully complete games with posters are a gigantic pain in the butt.

Magic Darts

Cart: (NES-4R-USA)

Box: (NES-4R-USA) (10722)

Manual: (NES-4R-USA) 

Poster: (ROM-4R-US)

Registration Card: (ROM-NES-US-2)

Read Before Using Your NES (NES-DOC-USA)

Danger Do Not Open Insert (PMG-USA-1)

Textured Black Dust Sleeve

20200522_085021.jpg

20200522_085738.jpg

Edited by jonebone
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Joshua Rogers said:

If you're making a "possible" list, this was included in oval seal / rev-a edition USA release of Double Dragon: 63nwakA.jpg

I don't have a photo of it without the coin/pen sorry..
for future reference (google.. myself..): NES-WD-US

This is my favorite NES insert. HIGH GRAPHIC CONTENT 😂🤣

If anyone needs a pic without the obscuring items, I can post one.

You guys are my new best Variant collecting friends. 🙂 I haven't gotten too hot and heavy in the box variants, but do keep the differences I find. I hadn't really considered collecting the date code differences on box tabs and manuals until this thread, and now I think I may branch out with those differences too when I come across them because it appears someone is starting to track them now, and I'd love to contribute. 🙂

56 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Chris Evert & Ivan Lendl in Top Players' Tennis (Oval Seal)

Box: NES-W1-USA (91218)

Cart: NES-W1-USA

Manual: NES-W1-USA (91219)

Nintendo Power Advert: PMG-PT-USA

Smooth Black Dust Cover

Reveal hidden contents

49953345846_b92e3d079b_c.jpg

49953345801_e9353f938f_c.jpg

49952845873_8930e993ef_c.jpg

49953632752_77f89ccd31_c.jpg

49952846073_340caea89b_c.jpg

49953632667_06539f4a95_c.jpg

No asmik poster, nice. That means my copy *is* in fact a rare variant as I suspected.

Im out of town right now for a few weeks (maybe months?) so I can’t access it but I’ll post my poster with the matching code for the game

1 hour ago, Trifecta said:

Chris Evert & Ivan Lendl in Top Players' Tennis (Oval Seal)

Box: NES-W1-USA (91218)

Cart: NES-W1-USA

Manual: NES-W1-USA (91219)

Nintendo Power Advert: PMG-PT-USA

Smooth Black Dust Cover

Reveal hidden contents

49953345846_b92e3d079b_c.jpg

49953345801_e9353f938f_c.jpg

49952845873_8930e993ef_c.jpg

49953632752_77f89ccd31_c.jpg

49952846073_340caea89b_c.jpg

49953632667_06539f4a95_c.jpg

I was just about to buy a copy earlier this week until I saw it on your list. 👍👍👍

18 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

No asmik poster, nice. That means my copy *is* in fact a rare variant as I suspected.

Im out of town right now for a few weeks (maybe months?) so I can’t access it but I’ll post my poster with the matching code for the game

Are you talking about ASM-W1-US Boomers adventure in Asmik World with a Gameboy logo on the poster? I believe this was in later print copies 

6 hours ago, Goodvibes said:

Interesting, I’m glad I was able to scoop up a cheap copy on eBay with the poster. Seems it’s harder to come by than most people think.

Perhaps the copies of Top Player's Tennis that have a star at the end of the manual code have the poster.

Does the box and manual to your copy have a star at the end of the codes?