IGNORED

NES Sealed Game Contents

9 hours ago, Trifecta said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Frankenstein-The-Monster-Returns-Nintendo-NES-1991-Complete-in-Box-CIB-Mint/283748955873?epid=56240946&hash=item4210c176e1:g:BB8AAOSwB7FeI7vq

The person selling this copy says he is the original owner and only played the game a couple times then put it away. Perhaps you can probe him for more info.

Yeah I’ve asked this seller in the past on a couple other things he’s listed and didn’t get very far. If he truly is the first owner on his nes games he would be a wealth of knowledge when it comes to inserts but it’s hard to convince some people to list inserts to help a community that they don’t really care about. I’ve tried with others on eBay before and never seem to get anywhere.

We got a good one. 🙂

M.C. Kids

- Cartridge (NES-4Q-USA)
- Box (NES-4Q-USA) (11214)
- Manual (NES-4Q-USA) (11216)
- Virgin Games Poster (VIR-NES-US)
- Virgin Games Registration Card (VIR-NES-US-1)
- Epilepsy Warning Sheet (NES-DOC-USA)
- Nintendo Power Subscription Card (PMG-USA-1)
- White Cardboard Riser
- Textured Black Dust Sleeve

Unboxing video for those curious. https://youtu.be/Fu-z5peoBik

Edited by austin532
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That's awesome, Austin!  It's also awesome that new entries are still rolling out.  It's been like six months now, so if I can't get Mike to update his list on gamefaqs, I think I'll make a master list and post it somewhere myself (gamefaqs, neoseeker, somewhere else?).  Mike's pretty much out of the scene so someone who actually cares needs to grab the torch.  I would be / will be updating frequently, as NES is just about the only system I have any interest in.  Stay tuned...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice add, Austin!

@Goodvibes Regarding Frankenstein, I bought one around 5 years ago, that was old rental stock but lightly used. Every game I bought was very nice, with what I would assume were all the extras. The only one I checked personally, was Flying Warriors, after witnessing one unboxed in person. The one from the rental lot was 100% to the unboxed one. Thanks, @killerkobra. I should check the Wiz list on any of the others.

Anyways:

DSC_0202.thumb.JPG.d9afadee9844366fede054b58a3a5737.JPG

Edited by Nesmaster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Nesmaster said:

Nice add, Austin!

@Goodvibes Regarding Frankenstein, I bought one around 5 years ago, that was old rental stock but lightly used. Every game I bought was very nice, with what I would assume were all the extras. The only one I checked personally, was Flying Warriors, after witnessing one unboxed in person. The one from the rental lot was 100% to the unboxed one. Thanks, @killerkobra. I should check the Wiz list on any of the others.

Anyways:

DSC_0202.thumb.JPG.d9afadee9844366fede054b58a3a5737.JPG

Awesome, thank you! Crazy condition, congrats. I have a few scores like that from old rentals that happened to have all the original paperwork. One being power blade 2.

8 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

That's awesome, Austin!  It's also awesome that new entries are still rolling out.  It's been like six months now, so if I can't get Mike to update his list on gamefaqs, I think I'll make a master list and post it somewhere myself (gamefaqs, neoseeker, somewhere else?).  Mike's pretty much out of the scene so someone who actually cares needs to grab the torch.  I would be / will be updating frequently, as NES is just about the only system I have any interest in.  Stay tuned...

I won't take offence to someone else wanting to do it also but I do have the entirety of this list in my database and I add every new entry. 

8 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

10 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I won't take offence to someone else wanting to do it also but I do have the entirety of this list in my database and I add every new entry. 

I'm not sure what's going to be the absolute best way to organize this, but I'm going to get a new thread for this up in a private club later this week. We can then hopefully leverage @Code Monkey's list and standardize all the entries. We can probably skip another site altogether and just make a shared Google doc that only a few people can edit. At least that's my thoughts on the subject.

On 4/28/2020 at 10:44 PM, Makar said:

Might be a dumb question, but has anyone ever opened up a sealed stadium events?

If I recall, someone supposedly found a sealed copy that was ripped and opened it over a decade ago. This was before my time though.

I think they reported the standard cart, box, manual, plus bandai ad that you can get inside MUSCLE / Ninja Kid / Chubby Cherub / FFF Athletic World.

Also, there are no codes on the box...not even on the bottom flap! Here's what I saved from NA.

Edit: Also the manual has no date code either....earliest date code I've confirmed so far was an Excitebike manual - 81104 (November 4, 1988)...I was just a few days old there!

SE.png.00748e0dc57e53fcc0b5d488774e97e4.png

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I'm not sure what's going to be the absolute best way to organize this, but I'm going to get a new thread for this up in a private club later this week. We can then hopefully leverage @Code Monkey's list and standardize all the entries. We can probably skip another site altogether and just make a shared Google doc that only a few people can edit. At least that's my thoughts on the subject.

I'm also photographing my entire collection to get examples of all of the variants. I probably did 150 games over the weekend and this week I hope to complete it. I was going to make a separate thread showing everything.

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

I'm also photographing my entire collection to get examples of all of the variants. I probably did 150 games over the weekend and this week I hope to complete it. I was going to make a separate thread showing everything.

Great. I've got a huge list of box variants I was going to put in a thread there as well with pics. Between us we should be able to cover a lot.

I've been wondering for a long time, if a "best guess" list would be worth it as a secondary list to the confirmed list. If multiple people could confirm they have the same inserts on a given game, it'd be a start for some that may be years from, or never be confirmed.

Just now, Nesmaster said:

I've been wondering for a long time, if a "best guess" list would be worth it as a secondary list to the confirmed list. If multiple people could confirm they have the same inserts on a given game, it'd be a start for some that may be years from, or never be confirmed.

@austin532 and I have talked about this and we agree. We'll just put some asterisks or something on the list to denote when things are just best guess.

• Like 1