IGNORED

NES Sealed Game Contents

13 minutes ago, austin532 said:

I believe the very first print has the Club Nintendo insert and 1987 ROB Poster inserts. It's hard to find as shortly after they switched over to PMG-US NP Insert and 1988 NYPWP poster.

Is there a box date code on that copy that is early and would make sense? Or do you think they were using up old stock?

R.C. Pro AM (Round Seal)

Box: NES-PM USA

Cart: NES-PM-USA

Manual: NES-PM-USA

Poster: "Now You're Playing With Power" (1988 Copyright)

Nintendo Power Advert: PMG-US

Non-Foil Nintendo Brand Dust Sleeve

Spoiler

49980967872_403148168a_c.jpg

49980714951_b9bf0023c7_c.jpg

49980187723_f81ca40687_c.jpg

49980967672_479d03071a_c.jpg

49980714676_991b756c7d_c.jpg

49980967552_d04b5185c7_c.jpg

Austin was correct!!

Edited by Trifecta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1

Very nice, Trifecta!  We haven't had a first-party addition in a while, and it's always nice to see round seal entries as well.  Don't forget to add the NP insert to your post (PMG-US).  I've got so many hundreds of orphan inserts lying around, some more common than others, and it's always nice to know I can go and take two of the most common inserts in existence and add them to a game to make it 100% CIB.

Anyway, it looks like it's time to put out an update.

Edited by Dr. Morbis

36 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Here you go. How do you read the dates on the chips?

49982794827_b462bf6584_b.jpg

Typically it's a 4 number format on the bottom.

You have four chips on there, but the two big ones are the ones that matter.

The numbers that copy that matter are "8834" on the PRG, and "8833" on the CHR.

8834 and 8833 translates to "1988 week 34" and "1988 week 33"...now, I'm not sure if the computers that write these chips count the first week of the year from "Week 0" or "Week 1" nor am I sure if the day the 1st of the year starts on starts the year. (e.g. if January 1 falls on a Tuesday, then does the last years sunday and monday count towards it or against it, or does it reset?)...I also dont know if they count Sunday or Monday as the start of the week! Lots of variables there.

So with that said, I like to go by this website and then consider the actual date within + or - 1 week of whatever IT says....

https://www.epochconverter.com/weeks/1988

So those chips were produced anywhere from August 8, 1988 to September 4, 1988.

SOMETIMES however, the date format is in a 3 letter format. This format is YEAR-MONTH-WEEK and the middle number is always a letter....but not quite in ABC order.

A = January
B = February
C = March
D = April
E = May
F = June
G = July
H = August
I = [[NO SUCH THING]]
J = September
K = October
L = November
M = December

So "5C3" would be 1985 March Week 3.

Here's the Stadium Events board.

HIgWZIy.png

The date codes on that one are 7J2, and 7J1. This translates to 1987 - September Week 1, and Week 2. So sometime between August 30 and September 12 for those chips.

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Trifecta said:

R.C. Pro AM (Round Seal)

Box: NES-PM USA

Cart: NES-PM-USA

Manual: NES-PM-USA

Poster: "Now You're Playing With Power" (1988 Copyright)

Nintendo Power Advert: PMG-US

Non-Foil Nintendo Brand Dust Sleeve

Reveal hidden contents

49980967872_403148168a_c.jpg

49980714951_b9bf0023c7_c.jpg

49980187723_f81ca40687_c.jpg

49980967672_479d03071a_c.jpg

49980714676_991b756c7d_c.jpg

49980967552_d04b5185c7_c.jpg

Austin was correct!!

Awesome update! Thanks for confirming this, I am going to check my date codes to see where I stand.

88 week 7.That's probably very close but there should be one even lower than that. Every chip I've seen was usually made about a month before the release date of the game. So a first print would have to be like 8804 if it was in fact released late February.

I know there is a rare 5 screw version of this game but little info is known about whether it's a retail one or repair job.

4 minutes ago, austin532 said:

88 week 7.That's probably very close but there should be one even lower than that. Every chip I've seen was usually made about a month before the release date of the game. So a first print would have to be like 8804 if it was in fact released late February.

I know there is a rare 5 screw version of this game but little info is known about whether it's a retail one or repair job.

I'd guess that 5 screw was a repair job. Are there any non REV A boxes? Even if there are that doesn't always prove a 5 screw.

43 minutes ago, austin532 said:

I think that’s first print right there.

See the 8A0?

Thats 1988 - January Week 0 (so it looks like Sanyo chips start week 1 at the number 0)

40 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

I think that’s first print right there.

See the 8A0?

Thats 1988 - January Week 0 (so it looks like Sanyo chips start week 1 at the number 0)

Right, but the PRG chip has a later datecode of 8807.

Bootgod has a 8806 cart: http://bootgod.dyndns.org:7777/profile.php?id=629

The big ol' List has been updated, and I spent some time revamping the whole document to streamline some things.  The biggest change is I'm now indenting variant entries when more than one entry exists for the same title to make it easier to find and identify which titles have multiple entries.  Huge thanks to DoctorEncore and Trifecta and everyone else who keeps opening games...

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/nes/916386-nes/faqs/49943

• Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 3:40 PM, austin532 said:

Based on this Nintendo Fun Club cover, I think it's very likely the game released in February, and certainly no later than April.

Screenshot_20200610-181953.jpg

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 2

I'd like to think this is a fairly big one for the list?  I've always wanted a Sealed and Mint one, but if you get sealed, beat to hell and water damaged at a CIB price then you may as well document the contents!  Only sucks because I thought I would be upgrading the internals of my personal CIB copy but the manual is wavy with a rusted staple.  Did need the poster / reg card so those will at least be kept.

Bases Loaded 4

Box: NES-BD-USA
Cart: NES-BD-USA
Manual: NES-BD-USA
Poster: Jaleco Poster double sided featuring Jaleco games: JAL-NES-US-7
Jaleco Major Player's Club Membership / Warranty Card: JAL-NES-US-5
Read Before Using your NES: NES-DOC-USA
Nintendo Power Advert: GP-NES-US
Black Dust Sleeve

20200613_145845_resized.jpg

20200613_145852_resized.jpg

20200613_150430_resized.jpg

Edited by jonebone
Fixed the NP Insert from BP to GP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Wow! 2

1 hour ago, jonebone said:

I'd like to think this is a fairly big one for the list?  I've always wanted a Sealed and Mint one, but if you get sealed, beat to hell and water damaged at a CIB price then you may as well document the contents!  Only sucks because I thought I would be upgrading the internals of my personal CIB copy but the manual is wavy with a rusted staple.  Did need the poster / reg card so those will at least be kept.

Bases Loaded 4

Nintendo Power Advert: BP-NES-US
Black Dust Sleeve

20200613_145845_resized.jpg

20200613_145852_resized.jpg

20200613_150430_resized.jpg

@jonebone going hard! Nice one.

Edited by DoctorEncore

2 hours ago, jonebone said:

Bases Loaded 4

Nintendo Power Advert: BP-NES-US
Black Dust Sleeve

Awesome! So all 4 Bases Loaded are now documented. Quick question Jone do you mind double checking the code for the Nintendo Power insert? If its correct can you shoot a close image as I have never seen this code before. Thanks

2 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

Awesome! So all 4 Bases Loaded are now documented. Quick question Jone do you mind double checking the code for the Nintendo Power insert? If its correct can you shoot a close image as I have never seen this code before. Thanks

Ah you're correct its GP not BP. I'll blame that on pre coffee this AM and will update my post next time at a computer.

1 hour ago, jonebone said:

Ah you're correct its GP not BP. I'll blame that on pre coffee this AM and will update my post next time at a computer.

Any chance we could get the 5 digit code on the right flap of the box, and the last page of content on the manual....also, if the manual has two letters next to the number, and which side those letters are on

I think this game only had one print run, but time will tell if we start documenting these codes.