IGNORED

NES Sealed Game Contents

15 hours ago, austin532 said:

Also for the Castlevania II entry, can you specify that it's a round seal version.

Yes, I will do that.  I haven't been including oval seal tags on most of the submissions as this was the only seal type in use at the time of the large, large majority of NES releases.  It's sort of akin to noting a box is Rev-A, which we've never done and seems unnecessary to me.  However, documenting seals (especially round seals) is definitely important for the earliest titles that were released in both formats. 

***So moving forward, anyone submitting a game first published before February 1989, please note the seal type and I'll include it in the list.***

That being said, I'm sure most of you have noticed that almost all of the titles listed to date have been in the meaty middle part of the NES library, chronologically speaking (89-91).  The problem being, of course, that a lot of the really early games are worth a fortune sealed, and a lot of the very late releases are worth a fortune sealed or not.

I remember videotaping Mike openning a sealed Stinger like 12 or so years ago, and we didn't think much of it,  but nowadays, the thought of finding someone willing to open a title like that seems just about impossible.  Ah well, we're just a hair away from having half the titles in the library documented, which is WAAAAAY further than I ever thought this project would get, so who knows what'll be coming down the pipe in the future...

12 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I remember videotaping Mike openning a sealed Stinger like 12 or so years ago, and we didn't think much of it,  but nowadays, the thought of finding someone willing to open a title like that seems just about impossible.  Ah well, we're just a hair away from having half the titles in the library documented, which is WAAAAAY further than I ever thought this project would get, so who knows what'll be coming down the pipe in the future...

Samson was opened last year, correct?  But yes, even when Panic Restaurant was opened a decade ago I remember thinking man, wish that one stayed sealed for a collection.

Really the best you can hope for is a sealed game with a lot of wear that can get bought around the price of CIB.  Then the owner opening it doesn't devalue it that much... unless again it is some type of very early game where sealed copies are extremely scarce period.  Otherwise I agree, there is a ceiling of how much someone wants to throw away in value just to support this list.

It's come a long way though and kudos to everyone who has helped it get this far!

I remember that video but couldn't find it on youtube. Is it still out there?

Looks like the days of opening high end games are sadly behind us. No one in their right mind (not even me) is going to open a sealed Mega Man, Super Mario Bros (Sticker Seal), Stadium Events, etc.

Yeah, Samson was last year or the year before and Wayne's World was very recent too, opened by a guy who lives pretty close to me, so you never know what can happen.

As for that Panic Restaurant, Mike and I went to a Classic Gaming Expo in Las Vegas in 2007 and Mike paid either $75 or $150 for a sealed Panic (I can't remember exactly, but it was under $200 for sure) and then he opened it for this list in the swap-meet room in front of a crowd and I remember everybody there knocking him for opening up such an "expensive" game.  If only we had known!  The best part of the story is that the mint Panic and Stinger and a metric ton of other mint former seals ended up in my collection when Mike decided to give up on his CIB dreams and go loose.  Good times, good times...

And yeah, the Stinger video is still on youtube, but Mike has it set to private.  I can ask him to share it if you'd like

Edited by Dr. Morbis

11 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Man, I can't believe I'm still seeing new stuff. NES is the best 

+1.
Golgo 13 is probably one of the weirdest NES game releases because of how it went against nearly all of Nintendo's guidelines for "child-friendly content"...

Could anybody post the link to this McKids VHS bundle? I see nothing on ebay.com

1 minute ago, Joshua Rogers said:

+1.
Golgo 13 is probably one of the weirdest NES game releases because of how it went against nearly all of Nintendo's guidelines for "child-friendly content"...

Could anybody post the link to this McKids VHS bundle? I see nothing on ebay.com

https://www.ebay.com/itm/M-C-Kids-Nintendo-NES-FACTORY-SEALED-W-VHS-TAPE-INCLUDED-EXTREMELY-RARE-LOOK/333614182472?hash=item4dacf47048:g:gVEAAOSwHDVevZPk

😞 such sad, much emotion...I really wanted to keep it secret until the auction was over but not at that price.

1 minute ago, ThePhleo said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/M-C-Kids-Nintendo-NES-FACTORY-SEALED-W-VHS-TAPE-INCLUDED-EXTREMELY-RARE-LOOK/333614182472?hash=item4dacf47048:g:gVEAAOSwHDVevZPk

😞 such sad, much emotion...I really wanted to keep it secret until the auction was over but not at that price.

Yeah, I've been tracking it as well. The funny thing is that I've seen this set in the past, so I'm not sure if there are multiple copies out there or if it was just previously a BIN at a ridiculous price.

Weird, it's impossible for me to find that listing on ebay.com. Probably because I'm out of the USA.
Anyways, very cool. I didn't know such a thing existed.
Are there any other promotation things like this and Golgo? I don't think there are any in NES regions, only perhaps the pal-b blister pack games.

Just now, Joshua Rogers said:

Weird, it's impossible for me to find that listing on ebay.com. Probably because I'm out of the USA.
Are there any other promotation things like this and Golgo? I don't think there are any in NES regions, only perhaps the pal-b blister pack games.

Yes.

Theres a Vegas Dream variant that has a coupon book or something attached on the back. I literally purchased a CIB copy today and I’m waiting for it to be shipped.

Theres also a sealed copy on eBay right now but I’m not paying that price for Vegas Dream.

I cant think of anything else though. I can almost recall a game with a shirt packin, but I think that was actually an N64 thing?

Also, I’m not sure if it counts but FFF: Athletic world is included in the FFF Pad, but that’s the only way to get that game to begin with.

Im sure I’ve seen some other stuff in my really early days on Nintendoage but never bothered to document it.

15 hours ago, Joshua Rogers said:

There are a bunch in Europe. Couple examples: Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt Zapper pack, Duck Hunt Zapper pack grey/orange.

In the US, technically AVE Trolls could be included, as there are versions with a troll, and versions without.

9 minutes ago, Speedy_NES said:

There are a bunch in Europe. Couple examples: Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt Zapper pack, Duck Hunt Zapper pack grey/orange.

In the US, technically AVE Trolls could be included, as there are versions with a troll, and versions without.

I wouldn't really consider the Zapper boxes w/ games inside the same thing as this, because you could then start including consoles that had games inside them other than the normal ones (smb/dh, for e.g.) I'm talking about games that were attached to other physical, non-gaming items. The blister pack games don't really fall into this category but it is just a wildly different packaging than other things.

By the way for on topic talking.. Pretty well known collector hipsilon is opening some of his BNIB stuff which contains everything for this list: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrbB--iqHrUqrG9J_LVH4Xw/videos

Edited by Joshua Rogers

17 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

I cant think of anything else though. I can almost recall a game with a shirt packin, but I think that was actually an N64 thing?

There's a Platoon 'variant' with sticker on the box (or seal) for a free t-shirt, maybe that's what you're thinking of?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Platoon-Nintendo-NES-New-Sealed-Contest-Sticker-Rare-Variant-Mint-Condition/292741016294?hash=item4428b96ae6:g:B6wAAOSwviFbqA-G

11 minutes ago, Speedy_NES said:

There's a Platoon 'variant' with sticker on the box (or seal) for a free t-shirt, maybe that's what you're thinking of?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Platoon-Nintendo-NES-New-Sealed-Contest-Sticker-Rare-Variant-Mint-Condition/292741016294?hash=item4428b96ae6:g:B6wAAOSwviFbqA-G

Hmm, not quite but interesting variant nonetheless! I don’t think I have that one, but it’s now semi archived 🙂

I was thinking something with an actual T-Shirt wrapped just like the VHS MC Kids on the back of the box.

6 hours ago, Joshua Rogers said:

By the way for on topic talking.. Pretty well known collector hipsilon is opening some of his BNIB stuff which contains everything for this list: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrbB--iqHrUqrG9J_LVH4Xw/videos

I commented in his Shadow Warriors II video, asking if he'd like to contribute.  We'll see if he gets back to me.  And that reminds me, I've got Asterix -FRA that I opened sealed and gave the content list to Mike years ago, and I see he never got around to adding it to the list.  It makes me wonder how many other entries died on his old hard drive.  At least that will be one more PAL B title on the list, if nothing else...

Oh, that Ghost Lion is nice!  I'll post the contents to Asterix ( PAL B) here, and with one more submission I'll do another update.

Asterix
     - Cartridge (NES-AX-FRA)
     - Box (NES-AX-FRA-3)
     - Manual (NES-AX-FRA)
     - Pink Epilepsy/Precautions Warning Sheet (NES-EPI-FAH-1)
     - "3615 Asterix" Poster (INF-AX-FRA)
     - Textured Black Dust Sleeve

• Like 1