IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

13 minutes ago, port said:

But seriously, if Pat actually comes on here, tell him if he advertises this NFT on his pod channel tube and it sells, I'll split the proceeds with him.

Also tell him that clawx has questions for him that he never answered a decade ago when they were both on playthenes. I want to see those questions answered, damnit.

Just now, port said:

But seriously, if Pat actually comes on here, tell him if he advertises this NFT on his pod channel tube and it sells, I'll split the proceeds with him.

Also tell him that clawx has questions for him that he never answered a decade ago when they were both on playthenes. I want to see those questions answered, damnit.

I still want to know if he wants to kiss Steve Urkel on the penis.

• Haha 1

• The topic was locked
Administrator · Posted

This has been super fun, honestly, to watch unfold. And I get it, I truly do. There's years of pent-up... feelings.

And that's cool, as I've said. Air it out! It's healthy and encouraged. We're not about censoring thoughts here. 

There's a definite buddy thing that I know some of the uh... newer members here... have. If I'm sitting with my buds and playing games I'm definitely gonna riff on em, and I appreciate that friendly crassness that people can have. 

We're pretty lenient I think, especially in times like these. And this isn't the kiddie pool where everyone has to mind their language too hard. But I do want to make sure it's clear - harassment isn't gonna be tolerated, and I WOULD appreciate if we didn't get TOO comfortable with our general language. 

We want people to feel that VGS is an inviting place to hang out. That's honestly it. 

If you wanna be fully open in your language etc. I'd encourage a group PM. You can add people to PMs here on VGS and those are entirely private, unless someone reports harassment or something illegal going on in PMs. We'll never look at whatever you PM each other as your privacy is important to us. So if it's catch-up with old pals time, that might be the best place for it.

I'd remind everyone also that this is specifically the Heritage Auctions thread. It'll have to get back on track at some point so please bear that in mind.

Thanks all.

Off to Tim's!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Agree 3

• The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
Administrator · Posted
Just now, the_wizard_666 said:

*sigh* This response is pretty much why my hiatuses go so long these days.  We're old, we don't like being told what we can and can't say, especially when it's bloody funny.

So...make a group PM with it?   Fun is one thing, but keep it in the boundaries of good taste.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, captmorgandrinker said:

So...make a group PM with it?   Fun is one thing, but keep it in the boundaries of good taste.

Taste is subjective.  One person can be triggered by something the next thinks is perfectly fine.  I'd honestly prefer just to go wherever they crawled out from and join that community. 

1 minute ago, TDIRunner said:

Well, my official take on Heritage Auctions and WATA is that if they didn't exist, this thread wouldn't exists, and if this thread didn't exist, our lives would be better for it.  

I disagree.  With guys like @port, @nick , @clawx, and @NESHQ coming out of the woodwork, I have to say this has been the most I've enjoyed anything online in years.  Although I definitely agree about WATA and HA being trash.