IGNORED

The 3DS Thread

1 hour ago, Philosoraptor said:

Truly (about the pokepinion, but that's not a bad thing). I love Red and Blue, but the two Black and White games are the only mainline ones I actually haven't played through. I own them, so they will be played one day. 

I'll hope Scarlet and Violet will be what you've been looking for. I'll be excited to see what they do with it as well. I haven't looked much into it to avoid spoilers, but I'm hoping for a more polished and finished experience than Sword and Shield, regardless of what direction they take it in. I felt like, even though the game was a lot of fun, the rushed ending outed that they very much ran out of time.

Yea it’s definitely not bad to have different opinions. I’m not a huge fan of the megas, and different regional forms and Z powers and all that. Just give me new pokemans with different dex entries lol. 

I agree with Sword and Shield. Idk what it was but it just didn’t feel like a polished game. It’s the only main series Pokémon game I’ve never finished. Even though I wasn’t a huge fan of Sun, I still finished it.

But hey, legends made up for all of that. Now THAT is a solid Pokémon game. 

• Agree 1

On 6/21/2022 at 8:22 PM, greenthunder said:

Also since I've been one of the several who espoused the greatness of Etrian Odyssey, it looks like VGP got their reprint of Etrian Odyssey V. Maybe hold out for a reprint of the others?

This is the second time they've gotten Etrian V 'recently'.  Last time was in October of 21 and they also rereleased Untold 2 then at the same time.  There is a chance that one reappears as well.

Edited by PapaStu

Figured I’d join the club

My favorite 3DS games

-Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 (Japanese only release)
-Dragon Quest Monsters Terrys Wonderland (Japanese only release)
-Shovel Knight
-Fire Emblem Echoes
-Cave Story 3D
-Pocket Card Jockey
-Zelda Ocarina of Time
- Zelda Link Between Worlds
-Fire Emblem Awakening
-Fire Emblem Fates
-Star Fox 64
-Pokémon X and Y
-Luigi’s Mansion
-Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon
-Witch and Hero I, II, and III
-NES Ultimate Remix
-Azure Striker Gunvolt
-Super Smash Bros For 3DS
-Super Mario 3D Land
-Mario Kart 7
-Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
-Tetris Axis

3DS games I haven’t played yet but look good

-Digimon world redigitize (Japanese only release)
-Dragon warrior monsters 2 remake (Japanese only remake)
-Dragon quest heroes rocket slime 3
-Shantae Pirates Curse
-Dragon Quest VII
-Dragon Quest VIII
-Legend of Legacy
-Stella Glow
-Langrisser
-Hey Pikmin
-Bravely Default
-Bravely Default 2
-Etrian odyssey IV
-Etrian Odyssey V
-Ever Oasis
-Project X Zone
-Alliance Alive
-xenoblade chronicles
-radiant history
-tales of the abyss 

Edited by Makar
  • Like 2

Just now, Makar said:

Lol I thought the same thing when I saw the crazy prices. That or trade it

I'm upset bc I opened it and played omega ruby for maybe 3 hours and completely forgot about it.  Should've kept it sealed and forgot about it. 

I'm just surprised how poorly it apparently sold. They were on clearance at Walmart at one point. I wonder if the diamond pearl double pack has similar numbers. Those were both recently on sale and the double pack was on sale a couple weeks after release after at Costco. 

28 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I'm upset bc I opened it and played omega ruby for maybe 3 hours and completely forgot about it.  Should've kept it sealed and forgot about it. 

I'm just surprised how poorly it apparently sold. They were on clearance at Walmart at one point. I wonder if the diamond pearl double pack has similar numbers. Those were both recently on sale and the double pack was on sale a couple weeks after release after at Costco. 

Yea not sure. I remember seeing several copies at Best Buy. I did look up the diamond and pearl double pack for switch and that’s actually going for below msrp right now but the sun and moon dual pack is creeping up in price so maybe diamond pearl will get there eventually. 

2 hours ago, Makar said:

Dumb question, can you play PAL 3DS games on a U.S 3DS? I know it’s region locked so the answer is probably no but I just wanted to make sure. 

You can’t. I had to buy a NTSC 3DS to play NTSC games (living in a PAL country). So vice versa, you will need a PAL 3DS. Although they did leave the DS functionality as region free which was good.

3 hours ago, Makar said:

Dumb question, can you play PAL 3DS games on a U.S 3DS? I know it’s region locked so the answer is probably no but I just wanted to make sure. 

You can. But you need to hack your 3ds first to make it region free. It's not too hard.

Yeah, 3DS softmodding is very easy now, and it's quite risk-free as Nintendo stopped releasing updates for the platform. I got a European New 3DS XL recently and immediately modded it to play all regions, it's no problem at all.

Surprisingly it's not really that relevant for 3DS compared to DS, since almost every game came in both of the English speaking regions, but 3DS games are a lot easier for me to get in Europe compared to importing every one of them. And a few years ago when the 3DS was getting off the market, pretty much all of them were absurdly cheap here while they were already starting to go up in price in North America (which is completely opposite of the usual situation). I should have bought a ton of them then, but I wasn't sure if the region lock would be too much of a hassle >_>

Edited by Sumez

Thanks everyone. That’s what I figured. I was looking at upcoming 3ds games just to see if there’s anything else after Andro Dunos 2, and I saw “yugioh 3ds” so I googled that and found yugioh zexal which is on the eshop in the u.s but got a physical release in Europe. As a yugioh fan, I’d pick that physical copy up if it could be played on my u.s 3ds. I know I can mod mine but eh I prefer not to if I can, so eshop or nothing it is. 

I entered this thread kind of whiny, but now I'm enjoying the 3DS quite a lot.

I discovered that I prefer 3DS games when they're being experimental with a franchise. A lot of the most popular 3DS games tend to be really safe, iterative sequels that don't do much for me. Games like Zelda: A Link Between Worlds or Kirby Triple Deluxe are painfully dull, as I feel like I've already played them before on older systems.

Here's my 3DS collection as it stands now.

251430401_3DSCollection.png.90c7d3f622d0b42f033f71af94cf6985.png

It was once much bigger, but I sold many of the games as they just didn't interest me. I don't hold on to games I don't like, and prefer to have a cherry picked selection of games I'll replay.

For now my gaming budget has run dry, but the games I still want are as follows.

Detective Pikachu
Fire Emblem Warriors
Hey! Pikmin
Brain Age: Concentration Training
Pilotwings Resort
Steel Diver
Yoshi's New Island (Need a replacement copy)
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS

I also need to pick up a New 3DS XL at some point, so that'll cost quite a lot.

Edit: Holy MOLY, never mind about the New 3DS. Those are as expensive as the freaking Switch.

Edited by Lynda Monica

• 1 month later...