IGNORED

The 3DS Thread

25 minutes ago, Galdius said:

You're right. It's easier to buy now rather than in a couple years but I feel like it's already not as cheap as I was hoping it to be. I managed to find a lot of good deals here in Brazil but I already had to import some games and will have to buy a lot more in the US. If only the borders were open, I would definitely go to the US and would save a lot on shipping.

Seems like there are a lot of us looking for it lol
My biggest chance is if one appears here in Brazil but if in the US it's extremely rare already, here it will be almost impossible.

Ah yeah, being in Brazil will make it a lot tougher. Still, better now than in 10 years, when 3ds falls into nostalgia rush territory.

On 8/8/2020 at 2:04 PM, Mr. CIB said:
50 Classic Games
7th Dragon III Code: VFD
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy+
.....Full List removed for quote....

Do you have any variants documented? Here is what I show for major variants:

Big Box Variants and Limited Editions
7th Dragon III Code VFD Launch Edition
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know Collector's Edition
Adventure Time: Hey Ice King Collector's Edition
Alliance Alive Launch Edition
Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer w/amiibo scanner
Beyblade: Evolution Collector's Edition
Bravely Default: Collector's Edition
Bravely Second: End Layer Collector's Edition
Chibi-Robo Zip Lash [amiibo Bundle]
Code of Princess Launch Edition w/Soundtrack
Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars Limited Edition
Corpse Party: Back to School Edition
Culdcept Revolt Limited Edition
Etrian Mystery Dungeon Launch Edition w/Soundtrack
Etrian Odyssey Nexus Launch Edition w/Soundtrack
Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl Launch Edition w/Soundtrack
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir King Limited Edition
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends Of The Titan Limited Edition
Etrian Odyssey 5: Beyond the Myth Launch Edition
Final Fantasy Explorers Collector's Edition
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Limited Edition
Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition
Frogger 3D with Case
Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi Limited Edition
Harvest Moon: Skytree Village Limited Edition
Hatsune Miku Project Mirai Launch Edition w/AR Cards & Wallet Chain
Hot Wheels Worlds Best Driver w/Hot Wheel Toy
Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance Limited Edition
Legend of Legacy Launch Edition
Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask Limited Edition
LEGO Batman 3 Big Box w/Joker Keychain
LEGO Legend of Chima Laval's Journey Big Box w/Crawly Minifigure
LEGO Jurassic World w/Dr Wu minifig
LEGO Marvel Avengers Big Box w/Quinjet
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Big Box w/Loki Keychain
LEGO Star Wars: Force Awakens Big Box w/X-wing mini set
Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven Limited Edition
Mega Man Legacy Collection Collector's Edition
Metroid Samus Returns Special Edition
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Collector's Edition
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth Wild Cards Premium Edition
Persona Q2: Showtime Premium Edition
Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Dual Pack
Pokemon Moon w/Bonus Lunala Figure
Pokemon Sun w/Bonus Salgaleo Figure
Pokemon Sun and Moon Dual Pack
Pokemon Sun and Moon Dual Pack Steelbook Edition
Pokemon Sun & Pokemon Moon Dual Pack w/ 3 Figures
Pokemon Ultra Moon w/Bonus Dawn Wings Necrozma Keychain
Pokemon Ultra Sun & Pokemon Ultra Moon Steelbook Edition
Pokemon Ultra Sun & Pokemon Ultra Moon Dual Pack w/ 200 Pokeballs
Pokemon Ultra Sun w/Bonus Dusk Mane Necrozma Keychain
Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World [amiibo Bundle]
Project X Zone: Limited Edition
Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology Launch Edition
River City Rival Showdown w/Keychain
Rodea the Sky Soldier Limited Edition
RPG Maker FES Limited Edition
Scribblenauts Unlimited with Pencil Stylus
Senran Kagura Deep Crimson Launch Edition
Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse Launch Edition
Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers Launch Edition w/Soundtrack
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Launch Edition w/Soundtrack 
Sonic Boom Fire & Ice Launch Edition w/ DVD
Stella Glow Limited Edition
Tenkai Knights: Brave Battle Limited Edition w/ Figurine
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call Collector's Edition
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call Limited Edition

SlipCover's and Holographic Cover Art
Amazing Spider-Man w/SlipCover
Jaws w/ Lenticular Cover Art
Cave Story w/SlipCover
PES 2011 w/Holographic Front CoverArt
Street Fighter IV w/ SlipCover
WWE All-Stars w/Holographic Front CoverArt

Nintendo Selects: Names
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Animal Crossing: New Leaf Welcome Amiibo
Disney Frozen: Olaf's Quest
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Kirby: Triple Deluxe
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Mario Party: Island Tour
Nintendogs + Cats
Star Fox 64 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS
Tomodachi Life
Ultimate NES Remix
Yoshi's New Island

If anyone else shows anything else that I’m missing in terms of major variants, please let me know.

Edited by DeuceGamer

13 minutes ago, Mr. CIB said:

@DeuceGamer your missing the CE for the just release Atooi Collection. For Slip Covers your missing One Piece Romance Dawn

Tricky things for future collectors will be games such as Corpse Party and Senran Kagura 2..... wasn't release as a standard only limited or collectors edition

Thanks! Funny thing is I own One Piece Romance Dawn. I just forgot to add the Atooi Collection CE on the variant side.

The titles that only officially were sold with a big box...I wanted to note those since they will be on the second hand market without the outer boxes and also to compile all of the big box releases. I think I’ll add an asterisk to those though to note that was the only retail release.

Most lists I saw online were missing some variants like the LEGO Jurassic World big box which seems pretty hard to find so I want to be sure there aren’t any others. I also noticed a lot of lists left out the 2packs like master Splitet Training Pack, despite it being a separate release with a unique cart.

Edited by DeuceGamer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DeuceGamer said:

Thanks! Funny thing is I own One Piece Romance Dawn. I just forgot to add the Atooi Collection CE on the variant side.

The titles that only officially were sold with a big box...I wanted to note those since they will be on the second hand market without the outer boxes and also to compile all of the big box releases. I think I’ll add an asterisk to those though to note that was the only retail release.

Most lists I saw online were missing some variants like the LEGO Jurassic World big box which seems pretty hard to find so I want to be sure there aren’t any others. I also noticed a lot of lists left out the 2packs like master Splitet Training Pack, despite it being a separate release with a unique cart.

For the 2 packs I follow what has been going on since SNES days........ If its a unique cart it counts. lol it keeps it simple that way.

• Like 1

Hey I've been out of the loop with this whole 3DS thing for honestly the last 2 years more or less, maybe 3 as the releases got thin, stale, and remastery in a poor way so I sold mine off a few months ago finishing up recently.  Fast foward to this month, I've scored between 2 pick ups for a $110 total a crystal red 2DS, then a black with blue trim 2DS.  The red had a stack of a dozen games (5 3DS in that) and the black one had a loose copy of Code of Princess.  I've decided I want if my kid will relax(adhd ocd etc, not getting into it) to give her one of them since she broke again a DSlite I gave her.  I'll save the other 2DS for myself, OR I'll get real with it, yet I will keep CoP and 3 others from the red (mk7, smash, ace combat+) and casually play it but not collect.

The last few games I got on 3DS bored me though I was fairly apathetic already between Luigi, Mario&Luigi and stuff, Pokemon Ultra Sun at least amused me but it leaves me kind of unfamiliar with what I missed out in that stretch.  I didn't even realize there was this Mario Sports Package deal with horse racing, golf, baseball that looks solid enough.  I'm thinking maybe it would be a good idea since the 3D I don't need to get a New 2DS XL, would this be wise?  They can't be found sadly it seems at retail now, and ebay is starting to get a bit spongy which sucks.

Today I found if you saw that thread I made about a deal I got Kirby and Metroid for $10 instead of $40 new at the store for each so I have them on my desk.  If I do keep to the 3DS again I'll play them, if not, well yeah...it'll get me something I could use.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I'm thinking maybe it would be a good idea since the 3D I don't need to get a New 2DS XL, would this be wise?  They can't be found sadly it seems at retail now, and ebay is starting to get a bit spongy which sucks.

Anecdotal but my Walmart still has 2DS XL w Mario Kart 7 for $99 in stock. Store.nintendo still has 2ds XL in stock for $99 and new 3DS XL for $119 which is possible the best deal online. 

I found the 2ds XL to be a little frail and didn't have as nice of a hand feel as the new 3SS XL. One of the benefits of the 2DS XL is the placement of the SD card which makes modding it even more attractive.

Overall, I suggest anyone who is looking at getting into playing 3DS games but not interested in collecting to mod the system. It's so easy and completely safe and the upside is immeasurable. Things like blue light filters and custom themes come standard and are worth the ~30 mins it takes alone. 

• Like 1

This thread finally got me to pull the trigger on a refurbished 3ds from Nintendo.  Also ordered shovel knight, nes remix, and super Mario 3d land. I'm going to play this in bed and on lunchbreaks, casually collect because I'm trying to focus on other systems right now.  

I've got this thing about buying old hardware,  i hate dealing with issues.  So I want to snag a few in good shape before its too difficult.  I've been thinking about the same thing with Vita even if I don't want to collect the games right now. 

• Like 2

Hmm I've tried to get those clowns at the walmart to answer the phone, they never do, probably could try again today.  Best Buy is worse, they don't even answer the phone now about items in the store which is just pathetic.  Both are out of my way on a regular day so that lack of general courtesy just sucks and costs them.  My interest in the New 2DS XL exclusively for now is the not wasting money on the 3D i rarely ever touched for years, it being the newest and last refined system, that really is about it.  I'm not concerned so much about frail, I don't share it, and wouldn't take it on a trip either as my phone and my tablet I rarely use have more than enough busy things to do.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Hmm I've tried to get those clowns at the walmart to answer the phone, they never do, probably could try again today.  Best Buy is worse, they don't even answer the phone now about items in the store which is just pathetic.  Both are out of my way on a regular day so that lack of general courtesy just sucks and costs them.  My interest in the New 2DS XL exclusively for now is the not wasting money on the 3D i rarely ever touched for years, it being the newest and last refined system, that really is about it.  I'm not concerned so much about frail, I don't share it, and wouldn't take it on a trip either as my phone and my tablet I rarely use have more than enough busy things to do.

I'm not trying to defend them because Wal-Mart is difficult to get people on the phone during normal times, but with COVID, I sort of understand why some stores aren't taking calls. I would be willing to bet the volume of calls coming in now is probably 10 or 20 times what it was before.  

Does anyone know if Wal Mart have 3DS games on clearance yet? I’m still playing chicken on a couple of the late releases that are still in stock at various retailers hoping I can get them cheaper than they are currently. Going to have to bite the bullet soon though.

Most of the late releases didn’t get very big print runs from what I can tell so it’s a bit risky, but if I do miss out there is still a chance they will pop up at a Pawn Shop or yard sale for under market  value.

16 minutes ago, koifish said:

It's good policy, when it's new it's high, when it's old it's gold, when it's retro it's time to sell to the cash mob😛

(in response to the comment about buying old stuff when it's just leaving the shelves)

There is definitely a fine line on grabbing the games when they drop in price to get them at their lowest price point, but not waiting too long until they are out of stock when prices will go up. 

On 8/11/2020 at 12:10 AM, joehalford01 said:

This thread finally got me to pull the trigger on a refurbished 3ds from Nintendo.  Also ordered shovel knight, nes remix, and super Mario 3d land. I'm going to play this in bed and on lunchbreaks, casually collect because I'm trying to focus on other systems right now.  

I've got this thing about buying old hardware,  i hate dealing with issues.  So I want to snag a few in good shape before its too difficult.  I've been thinking about the same thing with Vita even if I don't want to collect the games right now. 

All solid games! Enjoy man! I had a good time trying to beat my PRs over and over again in NES remix.

• Like 2

On 8/10/2020 at 1:29 PM, DeuceGamer said:

Do you have any variants documented? Here is what I show for major variants:

Nintendo Selects: Names
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Disney Frozen: Olaf's Quest
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Kirby: Triple Deluxe
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Mario Party: Island Tour
Nintendogs + Cats
Star Fox 64 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS
Tomodachi Life
Ultimate NES Remix
Yoshi's New Island

If anyone else shows anything else that I’m missing in terms of major variants, please let me know.

You're missing the redo of the Selects Animal Crossing New Leaf;  Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo!  It was a full new release with updated code to the cart and new packaging and product code.  I'll need to check my big boxes to see if anything there was/is missing.

Been a while since I've logged into the site but was checking in randomly and saw the 3DS thread at the top so figured I should share the 3DS wall.  Full US set. Slow chasing all the Canadian (and any other North American) variants.  A few things aren't in the picture either because this is a few weeks old or because they got misplaced when I was first loading up the wall, but they're around somewhere.  I'd post just a picture, but imgur is currently down, so you get my few weeks old twitter pic instead.

• Like 1

You're nearly 20% through the library!  I think when it's all said and done, I'll end up having nearly as many if not as many variants as there were released titles, with double digits on a few of the Nintendo published ones, so don't feel too bad. I've done this torture to myself.

10 hours ago, PapaStu said:

You're missing the redo of the Selects Animal Crossing New Leaf;  Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo!  It was a full new release with updated code to the cart and new packaging and product code.  I'll need to check my big boxes to see if anything there was/is missing.

Been a while since I've logged into the site but was checking in randomly and saw the 3DS thread at the top so figured I should share the 3DS wall.  Full US set. Slow chasing all the Canadian (and any other North American) variants.  A few things aren't in the picture either because this is a few weeks old or because they got misplaced when I was first loading up the wall, but they're around somewhere.  I'd post just a picture, but imgur is currently down, so you get my few weeks old twitter pic instead.

I have the Animal Crossing Welcome Amiibo in my regular releases since it’s a unique cart, but as you mentioned it also should be listed under the Nintendo Selects list.

Nice collection! I’m pretty sure I’ve spoken to you about some 3DS variants in the past??? 

Edit: I updated the list on the previous page as well so it’s correct now.

Edited by DeuceGamer

46 minutes ago, DeuceGamer said:

I have the Animal Crossing Welcome Amiibo in my regular releases since it’s a unique cart, but as you mentioned it also should be listed under the Nintendo Selects list.

Nice collection! I’m pretty sure I’ve spoken to you about some 3DS variants in the past??? 

Edit: I updated the list on the previous page as well so it’s correct now.

Probably/possibly? I've not been active here really at all since the flip from NA, but was there for a decade and been on DP longer than that. I'm in a few facebook groups, one is DS/3DS based and have chatted with a few folks there on the side about this stuff, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Editorials Team · Posted
10 hours ago, PapaStu said:

You're nearly 20% through the library!  I think when it's all said and done, I'll end up having nearly as many if not as many variants as there were released titles, with double digits on a few of the Nintendo published ones, so don't feel too bad. I've done this torture to myself.

Yeah, I think I'll be content with getting a select few other titles if I ever find them cheap and then calling it a day 😅

I got lucky I hope.  Saw a new unit pop up on ebay for MSRP considering the shipping was rolled into the price.  Fool hasn't shipped it yet though, always makes me a little nervous when that goes over a day.

Right now i'm sitting on Mario Kart 7, Smash, Ace Combat+, then the 2 sealed Meijer insane price cuts on Kirby and Metroid, and that 2nd 2DS I happened across had Code of Princess in the slot.  (Now I need to find a box/art/manual for that game.)