IGNORED

2021 NFL/NCAA Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

Seattle is straight garby without a healthy russ

I feel bad for bobby wagner, what a waste

I don't.  Screw Wagner for holding my boy Brock Coyle down.  And Dissly for scoring three TDs on my brother in high school 🤣 

Pooooor Seahawks.

On 11/30/2021 at 12:21 AM, Bearcat-Doug said:

Apparently there's a push to promote Marcus Freeman because they think he has the best shot of keeping the recruiting class together. That would actually make sense and he should be a lot cheaper.

Woohoo!   They did exactly that.

On 11/24/2021 at 2:46 PM, captmorgandrinker said:

Shouldn't be an issue as long as they can win out.   

It also helps that the committee doesn't seem to think much of Oklahoma or Oklahoma State.

Although speaking of, if Bama loses to Georgia in their championship then I think the winner of OU/OSU should get in if they still only have one loss.

Baylor beat Oklahoma State so things are really interesting now. If Cincinnati loses a close game, I'm not sure how they could drop behind Notre Dame when they would both have 1 loss and Cincinnati has the head to head road win. The next group of teams all have 2 losses so I don't see how any of them move up. Hopefully they take care of business against Houston make it a non issue.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

5 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Baylor beat Oklahoma State so things are really interesting now. If Cincinnati loses a close game, I'm not sure how they could drop behind Notre Dame when they would both have 1 loss and Cincinnati has the head to head road win. The next group of teams all have 2 losses so I don't see how any of them move up. Hopefully they take care of business against Houston make it a non issue.

Probably a good thing that Baylor won; had Oklahoma State won they would have had an interesting case for being in (beating two top 10 teams 2 weeks in a row).

Assuming Michigan wins tonight, really hoping that both Michigan and Cincy beat their respective SEC opponents and meet in the final.   That would be pretty nifty. 

36 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Probably a good thing that Baylor won; had Oklahoma State won they would have had an interesting case for being in (beating two top 10 teams 2 weeks in a row).

Assuming Michigan wins tonight, really hoping that both Michigan and Cincy beat their respective SEC opponents and meet in the final.   That would be pretty nifty. 

I agree. If Michigan wins big tonight, there could be a case for them being #1. I don't think the committee wants a Georgia/Alabama rematch in the semifinal, but I would rather have that happen to set up a unique championship game. It would just seem odd if Georgia won an Alabama/Georgia championship game when they lost in the SEC title game.

6 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Go Blue!

Rankings will be interesting, but I have Alabama at number one and Cincy at four. Not too sure about how Michigan and Georgia shake out for the committee, but I've got them facing off in the first round.

After Michigan won 42-3, that should give them a shot at the #1 spot. My guess is that the top four ends up being Michigan, Alabama, Georgia, Cincinnati to avoid the chance of a Georgia/Alabama rematch in the finals. I doubt it would happen, but Georgia could drop to #4 after losing badly yesterday. As much as people complain about Cincinnati's schedule, Georgia has only beaten two top 25 teams in #20 Clemson and #22 Arkansas. Cincinnati has two top 25 wins against #6 Notre Dame and #21 Houston along with being the only undefeated team left, so moving them up from #4 wouldn't be out of the question either. You could probably draw all four teams out of a hat and have an argument for whatever combination you picked.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

That's why I could see them trying to get the rematch out of the way early. 

You severely underestimate how much SEC cock is in the mouth of the selection committee.

11 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Montana in the quarters and Pitt wins the ACC.  This is about best possible outcome for me in the world of sports 😅 😎

That Pickett fake slide was SIIIIIIICK

51 minutes ago, Sumer said:

Oh man, my Hawkeyes stunk up the place last night.  I thought they had a chance after Mich had that big, emotional game against OSU last week.

NOPE!

I know Brian is Kirk's son, but he really needs to leave...the offense for Iowa was downright atrocious this year.

The sad part is their defense is actually legit. With a good offense, they could easily be a top ten team.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like we're going to get the Citrus Bowl again like we did in 2018...I actually got to personally see our 2018 Citrus Bowl trophy when they came to our local area on a statewide tour of some sort.  In fact while I was shopping the Wildcat mascot actually found me and took me to the area (I didn't know they were there) and he even autographed the poster they had!

Oh if only we hadn't slipped up in that TN game...could we have gotten one of the first tier bowl games?  I'm guessing the Citrus is one of the second tier ones.

On 12/15/2021 at 6:13 AM, Estil said:

Oh if only we hadn't slipped up in that TN game...could we have gotten one of the first tier bowl games?  I'm guessing the Citrus is one of the second tier ones.

Citrus Bowl is nothing to sneeze at. It's actually the highest paying bowl not involved in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Citrus Bowl is nothing to sneeze at. It's actually the highest paying bowl not involved in the playoffs.

That's what I mean, the playoff/BCS ones are the first tier and the ones right below it (like the Cotton Bowl, though traditionally it was one of the big/major bowls) are second tier.  Not too long ago we were lucky just to get even one of the 6-7 win ones 😞