IGNORED

2021 NFL/NCAA Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

28 minutes ago, Estil said:

That's what I mean, the playoff/BCS ones are the first tier and the ones right below it (like the Cotton Bowl, though traditionally it was one of the big/major bowls) are second tier.  Not too long ago we were lucky just to get even one of the 6-7 win ones 😞 

Cotton Bowl is a playoff bowl now. There's no BCS anymore. While the playoffs aren't perfect, it is an improvement.

On 12/15/2021 at 9:13 AM, Estil said:

Looks like we're going to get the Citrus Bowl again like we did in 2018...I actually got to personally see our 2018 Citrus Bowl trophy when they came to our local area on a statewide tour of some sort.  In fact while I was shopping the Wildcat mascot actually found me and took me to the area (I didn't know they were there) and he even autographed the poster they had!

Oh if only we hadn't slipped up in that TN game...could we have gotten one of the first tier bowl games?  I'm guessing the Citrus is one of the second tier ones.

Citrus is one of the Jan 1st bowls, aka "Top Tier".  Even with a better record, the best they were gonna do was a New Year's Day bowl.

For the ones without automatic berths, they try to grab teams with fan bases that travel well.

24 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Citrus is one of the Jan 1st bowls, aka "Top Tier".  Even with a better record, the best they were gonna do was a New Year's Day bowl.

For the ones without automatic berths, they try to grab teams with fan bases that travel well.

Well our b-ball fans sure do that!  Did I forget to mention just how super cute our cheerleaders are?🥰  Forget the Laker Girls or the Hooters Girls we have the Kentucky Girls!🥰😍

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Cincy in big trouble.

Please for the love of God let Michigan win it all.  So tired of the SEC.   College sports desperately need something to level the playing fields.

x10000000000000000000

If it's Bama vs Georgia again in the final I'm not even gonna watch.

15 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Ugh, I needed 6 points from Cook to win a fantasy crown.  Should've known that the Vikings are a black hole of pain and suffering.

That’s brutal.  Probably all but had the champagne popped.  
I on the other hand beat Cook guy in the Semis.   Burrow/Chase stack carried me home.  🍾 🍻 

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Oh, just poking fun of skinny and the constant hang wringing by NFL fans who have no patience. 

Ran Tannehill out of town.  Tried to give up on Tua instantly despite being surrounded by a shit cast. 

Miami has 3 playoff appearances in the last 20 years. Consider my patience unapologetically thrown in the trash. It’s not just the players the whole organization is a shit show. Love was lost when they let the tuna walk because he wanted to much control.

i actually backed phanny his first three years but he never could win the game. Now? I mean shit put me in there with Henry. Brown and that offense. It warms my heart seeing him win though. 

you must not actually WATCH tua play. He’s garbage. He’s accurate because he never throws a ball further than 15 yards. And never throws more than 20 times a game. He’s so bad Mia runs gadget play to get the ball to playmakers. 

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

Miami has 3 playoff appearances in the last 20 years. Consider my patience unapologetically thrown in the trash. It’s not just the players the whole organization is a shit show. Love was lost when they let the tuna walk because he wanted to much control.

i actually backed phanny his first three years but he never could win the game. Now? I mean shit put me in there with Henry. Brown and that offense. It warms my heart seeing him win though. 

you must not actually WATCH tua play. He’s garbage. He’s accurate because he never throws a ball further than 15 yards. And never throws more than 20 times a game. He’s so bad Mia runs gadget play to get the ball to playmakers. 

Whatever you are on, stay off of it.

Your post is garbage. Keep reading and you'll see why.

With what O-Line?

Clearly you haven't watched Tua play nor seen the stat sheets.

I honestly don't think even Ross knows who is calling the plays because first of all we have 2 Co-offensive coordinators. Secondly, at some point, it wasn't even them calling the plays. That's at least 3 people with the power and ability to call plays, how are you supposed to build a consistent attack on offense if you are switching up the play caller just about every drive. YOU CAN'T.

How is it possible a team loses 7 and wins 7 (against sub par teams) they play in a very cold environment and all of a sudden Tua is terrible, can't play in the cold etc. When teams come down to South FL and falter in the heat, the sun is blamed for the poor play of the opposing team. It's too hot, it's too humid, players need oxygen, Oh my goodness the poor visiting team is melting. It's funny how analysts are quick to jump on a player for a bad game in the elements (Tua in the cold), but excuse the play when it's too hot for others. Get out of here. I'm not saying Tua is perfect, clearly not, but this is his first actual full season with a preseason, give it a rest already.

Edited by Mega Tank
  • Haha 1

@Reed Rothchild shit, I’m wrong agin. Here is a more enlightening stat. He has one td pass longer than 11 yards.

@Mega Tank the o line is awful for sure. He still garbage. Overthrows, int, sack fumble….

so I might have exaggerated 

again the whole organization is and has been a clown show. Time out situation before the half last Monday.

Tua isnt “all of a sudden terrible”. I say “he’s terrible” to myself everytime I watch him. I also say “c’mon little tuie do something”. That’s another thing he’s too short. He makes a couple good throws a game but he makes more clown decisions, bad/ugly throws and just looks like he is a step behind with everything.

It’s interesting. With Tua, dolphin fan or otherwise, you either hate him or you defend him. I don’t think anyone actually thinks he’s good though.

Edited by docile tapeworm

Administrator · Posted
2 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

You could replace Miami with Cleveland in your statement and it's about the same up here.

Next season will be interesting to see if it really was Baker's shoulder or if 2020 was just a fluke.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Estil said:

I wasn't thinking of money.

Well the problem is you have to.  How can a program like Kentucky get into a first tier bowl without winning the SEC and getting through the LSU and Alabama and Georgia's of the world?  Especially when the NLI stuff means they're only gonna pull further away.

College football has a parity problem and it's going to get worse.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 5:25 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

Cincy in big trouble.

Please for the love of God let Michigan win it all.  So tired of the SEC.   College sports desperately need something to level the playing fields.

Both semifinal games were disappointing. I wish the committee would have matched Georgia and Alabama in the first round since I have zero interest in watching them play again in the championship game.

Here is another nice stat for you paper readers. I didn’t need to read about it just watch on tv and you can see. He’s flustered, No poise, no confidence…it’s all the o line and play calling though. Put him with bill and ne he wins a super bowl right? He can beat the jets though 💪🏻

13B78781-DF3F-4B1E-AB82-38F356294316.jpeg

Edited by docile tapeworm

11 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

@Reed Rothchild shit, I’m wrong agin. Here is a more enlightening stat. He has one td pass longer than 11 yards.

@Mega Tank the o line is awful for sure. He still garbage. Overthrows, int, sack fumble….

so I might have exaggerated 

again the whole organization is and has been a clown show. Time out situation before the half last Monday.

Tua isnt “all of a sudden terrible”. I say “he’s terrible” to myself everytime I watch him. I also say “c’mon little tuie do something”. That’s another thing he’s too short. He makes a couple good throws a game but he makes more clown decisions, bad/ugly throws and just looks like he is a step behind with everything.

It’s interesting. With Tua, dolphin fan or otherwise, you either hate him or you defend him. I don’t think anyone actually thinks he’s good though.

You're funny.

On a side note, I heard on AM radio, since they were talking about the rain etc. They commented on how players used to practice in the rain unless there was lightning. Since Saban got the bubble built, they practice in the bubble if it sprinkles lol

• Haha 1