IGNORED

2021 NFL/NCAA Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

5 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Yes.  Clearly they should have scheduled a juggernaut like Charleston Southern or New Mexico State.

If they scheduled an easy win with name recognition like Kansas, Arizona or Vanderbilt they would likely get more credit for that, which makes no sense.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

1 minute ago, Reed Rothchild said:

When you play an SEC schedule, you could play 3 NAIA schools and still have a resume.

Don't give them any ideas.

Although from how they're all playing lately, Ohio State might just go through and rip everybody's dick off anyway.  (And I'm not an Ohio State fan)

Editorials Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Don't give them any ideas.

Although from how they're all playing lately, Ohio State might just go through and rip everybody's dick off anyway.  (And I'm not an Ohio State fan)

Unless Michigan beat- nope, couldn't even finish that with a straight face..

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Well, the Bearcats finally made it. Now they just need to stay there.

spacer.png

Shouldn't be an issue as long as they can win out.   

It also helps that the committee doesn't seem to think much of Oklahoma or Oklahoma State.

Although speaking of, if Bama loses to Georgia in their championship then I think the winner of OU/OSU should get in if they still only have one loss.

1 hour ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Shouldn't be an issue as long as they can win out.   

It also helps that the committee doesn't seem to think much of Oklahoma or Oklahoma State.

Although speaking of, if Bama loses to Georgia in their championship then I think the winner of OU/OSU should get in if they still only have one loss.

I would like to think they are safe. East Carolina has a decent record and they will play a ranked Houston team in the AAC championship. Now that they broke the glass ceiling, it should be tough to keep them out if they win both games.

I've never been a fan of college football. Partly because I've never cared for how they determine national champions. It always seems so arbitrary. I would watch a bowl game with a Cinderella program vs a perennial titan, but those are always rigged to never happen. I remember some years back Boise St and TCU went on major runs for the national title, then they made sure they played each other in the 3/4 seed so Bama and Auburn, I think it was, can have their title game that was pre written in like week 3. I feel like with Cinci in the top 4 rank, this is the first time I've seen a non major program have a legit title shot. Can't wait to see how they do!

The whole system makes it very hard for someone that's not affiliated with these programs to get into it. I might check in on BC from time to time when they play a Clemson or the like, but that's about it. 

So Alabama didn't lose and taking 4 overtimes to beat a 6-5 team likely won't drop them any. If they play like that next week against Georgia, they might lose 70-0 and that could give the Big 12 champion an inside shot since Notre Dame doesn't have a conference championship game.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

So Alabama didn't lose and taking 4 overtimes to beat a 6-5 team likely won't drop them any. If they play like that next week against Georgia, they might lose 70-0 and that could give the Big 12 champion an inside shot since Notre Dame doesn't have a conference championship game.

Wondering if a Bama loss next week puts in Oklahoma State or Notre Dame?

Also, there's a real chance of Iowa beating Michigan to give them a second loss next week.

7 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Wondering if a Bama loss next week puts in Oklahoma State or Notre Dame?

Also, there's a real chance of Iowa beating Michigan to give them a second loss next week.

If Oklahoma State beats #8 Baylor in the Big 12 Championship, I imagine they would get in with an Alabama loss. If Alabama and Michigan lose Oklahoma State and Notre Dame likely get in. Depending on how that plays out it would be interesting to see how that affects who Cincinnati plays since they should move up to the 2 or 3 spot with an Alabama or Michigan loss. The worst case scenario would be if Alabama beats Georgia. It should leave the top 4 as is if Michigan wins, but I could see the committee using that as a chance to have a 12-1 Big 12 champion Oklahoma State knock Cincinnati out of the #4 spot. A Baylor win would likely keep the Big 12 out of the playoff with their two losses. Cincinnati still needs to take care of business against 11-1 Houston or they're going to be sweating it out hoping they get selected for an at large spot in one of the New Year's 6 bowls.

4 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

If Oklahoma State beats #8 Baylor in the Big 12 Championship, I imagine they would get in with an Alabama loss. If Alabama and Michigan lose Oklahoma State and Notre Dame likely get in. Depending on how that plays out it would be interesting to see how that affects who Cincinnati plays since they should move up to the 2 or 3 spot with an Alabama or Michigan loss. The worst case scenario would be if Alabama beats Georgia. It should leave the top 4 as is if Michigan wins, but I could see the committee using that as a chance to have a 12-1 Big 12 champion Oklahoma State knock Cincinnati out of the #4 spot. A Baylor win would likely keep the Big 12 out of the playoff with their two losses. Cincinnati still needs to take care of business against 11-1 Houston or they're going to be sweating it out hoping they get selected for an at large spot in one of the New Year's 6 bowls.

Georgia should take care of Bama (but then we all thought Ohio State would be shitting out Michigan chunks today and we all saw how that went), which should leave Cincy safe.

But a Bama win, Michigan win, and Oklahoma State win might leave Cincy out.  If that happens, it's really hard to argue with Michigan and Oklahoma State's late season resumes.