IGNORED

2021 NFL/NCAA Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

50 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Really hoping Fickell stays put.  I think he will with the Big 12 invite coming up in a few years.

My biggest concern would be if Ryan Day left for the NFL and the Ohio State job came open. Hopefully the challenge of moving to the Big 12 along with the extra money is enough to keep him here. 

12 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

My biggest concern would be if Ryan Day left for the NFL and the Ohio State job came open. Hopefully the challenge of moving to the Big 12 along with the extra money is enough to keep him here. 

I know everybody is trying to push him that way, but he needs to look at guys like Meyer, Saban, Spurrier, and Harbaugh before making that leap and thinking that's the ultimate job.

Editorials Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

I know everybody is trying to push him that way, but he needs to look at guys like Meyer, Saban, Spurrier, and Harbaugh before making that leap and thinking that's the ultimate job.

I'd think Harbaugh would be an inspiration considering he went and dominated from day one.

1 minute ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I'd think Harbaugh would be an inspiration considering he went and dominated from day one.

He inherited a decent team though.   

Maybe just the first three then?   He'd probably still be in the NFL had his dream job not come calling; two of those first three got run out on a rail and Meyer is probably wishing he stayed retired.

6 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

If Fickell can keep Cincinnati an annual top 10 team, he'll have a statue and the field named after him by the time he's done. That's something money can't buy. 

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

So happy to finally see Michigan put together a complete game. I can't remember the last time I saw their O line bully anyone the way they bullied the Bucks' D. Also, if you don't have Aidan Hutchinson in the final five for Heisman, you're crazy. That guy's a beast.

I'm also very interested to see how the committee handles Cincinnati. If they win out, I'd say give them a shot at the CFP and let them prove their mettle.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I'm also very interested to see how the committee handles Cincinnati. If they win out, I'd say give them a shot at the CFP and let them prove their mettle.

They moved up to #3 in the AP poll today after Alabama took 4 overtimes to beat Auburn. I doubt the playoff committee will move them above #4 unless Michigan and Alabama both lose. 

11 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Lincoln Riley was a shocker. LSU was supposedly interested in him as well.

Maybe he wanted to go to an easier conference?   I forget what year OU heads to the SEC where they'll likely take much more punishment than in the Big 12.

41 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Maybe he wanted to go to an easier conference?   I forget what year OU heads to the SEC where they'll likely take much more punishment than in the Big 12.

I was thinking 2024, because it seems like the new teams were coming in 2023 and would cross over a season. He was apparently a favorite for LSU so when he took the USC job out of nowhere there was a lot of "he didn't want any part of the SEC" talk. 

11 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I was thinking 2024, because it seems like the new teams were coming in 2023 and would cross over a season. He was apparently a favorite for LSU so when he took the USC job out of nowhere there was a lot of "he didn't want any part of the SEC" talk. 

LSU grabbed Brian Kelly away from ND.   That's a bit of a surprise.