IGNORED

2021 NFL/NCAA Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

Administrator · Posted
9 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Both semifinal games were disappointing. I wish the committee would have matched Georgia and Alabama in the first round since I have zero interest in watching them play again in the championship game.

At least Cincy's was competitive until about halfway through the 4th.

As much as I like Utah (and can't stand Ohio State), that Rose Bowl was something else!

On 12/31/2021 at 6:02 PM, captmorgandrinker said:

x10000000000000000000

If it's Bama vs Georgia again in the final I'm not even gonna watch.

I'm so excited for the game that I just realized that it's tonight. I wish Georgia and Alabama would have been matched up in the semifinals so we would have at least gotten an original game tonight instead of a rematch of the SEC championship game.

44 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

The Bengals play the Raiders who they beat handily on the road earlier in the season. Hopefully the 32 year streak without a playoff win finally comes to an end this time.

Browns fan here rooting for you guys now.  Team looks legit.  You guys should be excited for the future.  

Also have a soft spot for the 9ers since they were the old age home for Automatic Phil.

Good luck with the playoffs.  👍 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammerfestus said:

Browns fan here rooting for you guys now.  Team looks legit.  You guys should be excited for the future.  

Also have a soft spot for the 9ers since they were the old age home for Automatic Phil.

Good luck with the playoffs.  👍 

I'd be happy with a playoff win this season, but if the Bengals can improve the offensive line and add to the defense, they could be in a really good spot for the next several years.

Editorials Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

Firing Flores is so dumb. He stabilized a joke of a franchise and made them respectable in a single year. All well, good for NE.

Gotta appease those NFL fans that want a trophy now now now, or, failing that, a scapegoat. 

1 hour ago, Kguillemette said:

Firing Flores is so dumb. He stabilized a joke of a franchise and made them respectable in a single year. All well, good for NE.

Respectable? Who respects Miami? Stabilized? We were going .500, or win 9/10 games and missing the playoffs before he got there. Flores never impressed me. Some embarrassing stuff from him as a head Coach imo. Franchise is a joke though I agree.

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Gotta appease those NFL fans that want a trophy now now now, or, failing that, a scapegoat. 

Dolphin fan for +25 years. Not standing up and rooting for .500 teams anymore. Not asking for a trophy just a competent team. Hell I’ll even take a team that’s enjoyable to watch. And it’s all good I’ll be called bandwagon if they start to win for real. Even though I been sitting here watching (that’s actually support)  them every weekend. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

I'm honestly not surprised, but I thought he would be coaching at least one more year. I'm curious as to why they decided to fire him in the midst of what most considered a good run in the second half of the year.

I believe they were far too inconsistent, they messed up by trying to trade for Watson, there was no sound plan for the offense either because of the OLine or 2 offensive coordinators and separate play caller (?) just doesn't make for a good flow *bad dum tss* on the offensive side of the ball. Where did the defense that we have last year go, why did it magically reappear halfway through the season? There's probably a good reason we never hired a solid coaching name under Flores.Did he have a "good record", meh, clearly .500 seasons aren't what Ross wants.

All I know is the Dolphins better hire a "big" name coach and not some a "promising candidate" like the whole Gase fiasco. If an owner fires a Coach that, should have at least been given one more season, then there better a home run hire next.

23 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Niners punching a ticket! Playing the Cowboys like it’s the 90s again!

I work with a few die hard cowgirls fans so all kinds of people have big money already in it. Not to mention the shit talk on the line so its gonna get aggressive at work lol

Jimmy G saying 🖕🏻 The haters. Shanny too!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

You guys had Tannehill... not saying he's super awesome, but what difference does it make if you get a decent QB when you'll just get rid of him a year later anyway???

When you have 0 pocket presence and 0 OLine, that sure makes a winning combo. Not to mention his numbers were inflated due to garbage time stats. He was a durable QB and olayed with heart, but if the team needed him to win a game, chances are he couldn't.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

You guys had Tannehill... not saying he's super awesome, but what difference does it make if you get a decent QB when you'll just get rid of him a year later anyway???

3 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

When you have 0 pocket presence and 0 OLine, that sure makes a winning combo. Not to mention his numbers were inflated due to garbage time stats. He was a durable QB and olayed with heart, but if the team needed him to win a game, chances are he couldn't.

Tank nailed it. I’ll add we kept Tanny for at least 3 years.