IGNORED

Movie Debate #67: Grandma's Boy

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal thoughts

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Easy to recommend.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • You haven't seen the movie, but you're interested in watching it.
    • You have no interest in watching it.

2 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

Never heard of it.  I actually came in here fully expecting it to be an Adam Sandler movie.

Might as well be. He's not in it but it's a Happy Madison production and includes a bunch of his buddies from his other movies.

I thought this movie was absolutely hilarious when it first came out. It still has some really funny parts and some great quotes but wasn't nearly as good when I watched it later in life. Also one of those movies where it kinda gets less funny as it goes on and staggers along near the end. Would have given it an 8-9 back when I first watched it but probably sits around a 6.5 now.

I've not even heard of this movie. When it comes to screwball/stoner/lovable-moron comedy, I tend to have very polarized reactions. There are some that I would count among my library of favorite films. Still others I consider to be amongst the most egregious wasters of brain cells ever devised by mankind.

So, without any knowledge of it, this movie could either be pure gold or utter trash for me. Hmmmm...

1 minute ago, Webhead123 said:

I've not even heard of this movie. When it comes to screwball/stoner/lovable-moron comedy, I tend to have very polarized reactions. There are some that I would count among my library of favorite films. Still others I consider to be amongst the most egregious wasters of brain cells ever devised by mankind.

So, without any knowledge of it, this movie could either be pure gold or utter trash for me. Hmmmm...

It's definitely worth the watch if you like other stoner movies. This one is right up there in a lot of ways but does have some offside sexual/juvenile humor that, to me, has aged the movie poorly.  Overall though, so good stoner/joke moments with some video game/nerd humor as well.. although maybe a little forced in the script at times.

5 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

This thread shows me that alot of you used to be fun but your all cranky old men now kicking whippersnappers off your lawn

It's brutal, man. I catch myself all the time these days bitching about trends and stupid shit that I would have done myself or found hilarious as a kid.