IGNORED

Movie Debate #161: Titanic

Rate it  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT historical significance

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • Never seen it, but you're interested.
    • Never seen it, never will.

Watched this well after release but thought it was entertaining - what you'd expect. The movie seemed well done and the effects held up when I finally got around to watching it. Has some local interest here living in the east coast. A lot of the first responders came from Halifax and there is a graveyard here that has many of the victims of the event, so lots of local history. 

I remember girls coming to school with their picture pasted over Kate Winslet's face on posters with Leo. Massive movie at the time and who could forget the double VHS. 

Edited by Andy_Bogomil

Mr. Cameron's attention to detail is quite commendable and it's worth the watch for that reason alone. The story, however, wasn't worth it and was boring.  The ship 100% sells this movie and made it worth watching just for that experience.

You kind of have to average out what this game brought in the practical effects department with the story. The story, I'd say is a 2. The effects are an easy 8, and possibly even a 9. I average the whole experience out to a 5.

Excellent movie. 10.

Saw it in the theatre with my highschool gf. Life changing.

Stands up as an adult, too.

From what I've seen, the film was pretty accurate as well? I mean... aside from the whole hope diamond/love affair deal. Wild story all around, but seemingly Cameron did a good job telling the true story while interweaving a fictional romance.

Also, Celine Dion is probably what makes this film a 10.